Re-Introduction
Close

Re-Introduction

This is a discussion on Re-Introduction within the NEW MEMBERS READ HERE! forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Hey everyone, I originally registered here in 2009 when I first picked up my Honda CB125s and quickly forgot that I was in here. Now ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Re-Introduction

Re-Introduction

Hey everyone,

I originally registered here in 2009 when I first picked up my Honda CB125s and quickly forgot that I was in here.
    Now almost 7 years later and I'm getting her back up and running.

Shortly after I bought her, I moved to an apartment and had to store her at my sister's house (my apt was car port only).
    So she sat there these past years, now I've finally moved into my own home and have moved her into my garage.
    I'm currently cleaning it out and replacing some parts so that she's ready for the spring riding season.

My goals/intentions are to turn her into a fun cafe bike for these nice southern california days.
    I bought her with hopes to learn how to build/restore a cafe since I'm not much of a wrencher.
    I would eventually like to get a CB450 or CB500 after fully getting this bike up as a weekend rider.

I've only wrenched on scooters (ruckus and elites), so this will be a big project for little old me.
    I currently also own a 1989 Kawa Ninja EX500 (my daily rider) that I will be eventually turning into a street fighter.

I will be posting up progress and also trying to learn from all of you on the best route to get my CB125 in beautiful condition.
    I don't plan on selling her, if anything when I'm ready for a bigger cafe I'll probably have my big bro ride this until he's ready for his Harley.

Thanks for the read and hope to learn a lot from you guys.

Special hello to any other ladies in this forum as well. I've included a pic of when I first got her and a pic after I put the clubman bars on, switched the grips, and cleaned her up and took off the funky Honda stickers from original owner.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Dj Hunny; 04-14-2016 at 06:41 PM.
    1989 Kawasaki Ninja EX500
    1982 CB125S
    And still looking for another garage filler.

Welcome. Hang tough.

Quote Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
    Welcome. Hang tough.
    Thank you, currently cleaning the carbs.
    Just got the new battery and awaiting a new o-ring.
    Taking pics for when I'm ready to post the build thread.
    1982 CB125S

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Ruh Roh Scooby...
    GrandPaul
    Author, \"Old Bikes\"

That knobby would indicate you're riding a him.

Sweet little rust free ride you have there DJ

Inline fuel filter was an excellent add-on for a bike that has been parked for a long period.
    Just a couple of friendly suggestions; don't forget to replace the front fork oil once in a while. That's the most over-looked service item on any motorcycle.
    If you ride that knobby on dirt occasionally, you really should have a little chain guard in place between the tire and the chain, it drastically reduces that amount of grinding compound that hits the chain.
    One more and I'll shut up :| upside down handlebars suk pretty bad, especially in combination with stock pegs and seat, would highly recommend flat bars instead.

Kinda disappointed you didn't park the bike in the ocean whilst you were away.

+1 to what TR said about the bars - I can imagine from the second photo that you'll probably break your thumbs at full lock.

PS: I don't think there's many ladies on this site - unless you count the guys that don't drink beer.
    drgonzo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TrialsRider View Post
    Sweet little rust free ride you have there DJ

Inline fuel filter was an excellent add-on for a bike that has been parked for a long period.
    Just a couple of friendly suggestions; don't forget to replace the front fork oil once in a while. That's the most over-looked service item on any motorcycle.
    If you ride that knobby on dirt occasionally, you really should have a little chain guard in place between the tire and the chain, it drastically reduces that amount of grinding compound that hits the chain.
    One more and I'll shut up :| upside down handlebars suk pretty bad, especially in combination with stock pegs and seat, would highly recommend flat bars instead.
    Yes sorry, I figured that out shortly after.
    I thought I uploaded the correct photo.
    I have re-attached it now.

I don't ride it on dirt at all, strictly street. I want to go with street tires, but the motorcycle shop by me told me they didn't carry anything in that size.
    So currently shopping around and seeing what I can do about tire set up. The guy at the shop couldn't give me much advice on tire/wheel set-up either, but he invited me out for a classic bike ride they do, I believe he says he rides a scrambler

.Name:  clubman_bars.JPG
Views: 221
Size:  103.9 KB
    1982 CB125S

You will probably have to do a lil' interweb research and order the tires yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
    You will probably have to do a lil' interweb research and order the tires yourself.
    Or find a shop with more willing service. Saying they don't carry something is just lazy.
    woodsman and drgonzo like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links