Novice looking for info on the skills I need to build cafe's - Page 3
Close

Novice looking for info on the skills I need to build cafe's

This is a discussion on Novice looking for info on the skills I need to build cafe's within the NEW MEMBERS READ HERE! forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by Geeto67 HD Servi-car - the original cafe on three wheels: fixed it.....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Novice looking for info on the skills I need to build cafe's

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    HD Servi-car - the original cafe on three wheels:
    fixed it..
    Geeto67 and thechief86 like this.

Fk5
    Am I confused or doesn't BOCES have a ton of adult and continuing education options?
    jaguar likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fk5 View Post
    Am I confused or doesn't BOCES have a ton of adult and continuing education options?
    Not as many as they used to. I didn't see A&P in their latest catalog, just basic automotive collision and repair. Either way if he is in NYC he's going to have to go to long island for the classes.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

HD Servi-car - the original cafe on two wheels:Attachment 20905and the side car hack summer refreshment:Attachment 20906Attachment 20907Attachment 20908
    Too wide.I think the best cafe bike would split lanes and serve drinks and snacks during rush hour on the 101 in and out of San Francisco

Fk5
    There are a bunch of people doing that with the Ape (Piaggio - see below). I wanted to bring back an old Ercolino (Moto Guzzi). Of all the things I passed on over there, my biggest regret is probably the Ercolino with tank treads. That thing was awesome and it was only a couple of grand. Of course, they would have busted my balls about shipping it. I am sure it was one of those free bikes are the most expensive kind of deals, but it was super cool. They had been using it in a vineyard and then just left it outside for a decade or two. Haven't seen one since.

Name:  c89b3f064f9828f6df7ee72940f06483.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  88.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Sanzarelli View Post
    Yeah I never meant to imply that my CM is the bike I'm going to invest my time into, just info on what I have experience with.
    you disassmbled a motorcycle? meh.

Weird that it's not "cool" to call them cafe racers on caferacer.net, but ok. Noted.
    You didn't call them "cafe racers" you called them "cafe'" which is why we are making fun of you. Just call them motorcycles.

I'm 27, so BOCES isn't really an option. I'm not in a situation where I could quit my job and put myself back through school, so I'll need to take classes at night or on weekends, one at a time most likely, all which puts me at a disadvantage.
    Start looking at technical schools. There is someplace called "welding fantasy camp" which I think gives like $100 day courses but that's just enough info to get you in trouble. Real welding coruses where you end up a certified welder are going to be a couple grand.
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

you disassmbled a motorcycle? meh.
    Who say's I was bragging about this? Just a point of reference of something I've done minor work on.

You didn't call them "cafe racers" you called them "cafe'" which is why we are making fun of you. Just call them motorcycles.
    As much as I appreciate you correcting me, I'm gonna call them whatever I want. I don't care if people "make fun" of me about it, as long as I get the info I'm looking for. If everyone wants to act all high and mighty about what you're supposed to call them just to troll me, that's fine. But everyone knows what I meant so what does it matter?

Start looking at technical schools. There is someplace called "welding fantasy camp" which I think gives like $100 day courses but that's just enough info to get you in trouble. Real welding coruses where you end up a certified welder are going to be a couple grand.
    I've seen those classes. They have a intro and more "advanced" classes but they're really isn't much fabrication involved and I don't think i'd be comfortable welding a load bearing structure together by the end of it. It's looking like technical welding courses for me.

Thanks again.

Ich,

YOu buy that Honda yet?
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

Quote Originally Posted by Sanzarelli View Post

As much as I appreciate you correcting me, I'm gonna call them whatever I want. I don't care if people "make fun" of me about it, as long as I get the info I'm looking for. If everyone wants to act all high and mighty about what you're supposed to call them just to troll me, that's fine. But everyone knows what I meant so what does it matter?
    Some day in the future, if you continue down this road with motorcycles, you are going to stumble on your original post and you are going to finally realize how unintentionally hilarious it is, and suddenly all the subsequent jokes here will be very funny. Until then...try your best to not be humorless and take this too seriously, mmmmkay?
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

A little late to the hipster party?
    Andyshep likes this.
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links