New
Close

New

This is a discussion on New within the NEW MEMBERS READ HERE! forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Hey I'm new here I'm 15 and have a 1976 yamaha xs750 triple I'm here to learn more and increase my knowledge...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: New

New

Hey I'm new here I'm 15 and have a 1976 yamaha xs750 triple I'm here to learn more and increase my knowledge

If you want to bullshit about "building" some cafe racer crap then join DoTheTon.com
    That is also the case if you think stuff like pipeburn is cool.
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

Why do people always show up after they've bought the POS?
    jaguar likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

I'm not sure what the issue is I just needed some help thought that's what this site was for
    drgonzo likes this.

Judging by your questions you'd be better off with a Tamiya kit, they have instructions.
    CaTacL1sm likes this.

OK thanks

Ah we have moved onto the "based on the name of the forum. I do not understand why I am not getting the answers I want" part of the newbie journey.
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

Quote Originally Posted by Survival_kid View Post
    I'm not sure what the issue is I just needed some help thought that's what this site was for
    the issue is you aren't providing enough information and you aren't really trying to start the conversation. To be fair you are 15, so you haven't figured out how these life skills work yet in real life let alone on the internet.

Let's get one thing clear - this site does not exist specifically just to help you. It's a community, which means people want to interact with other people. That means you need to figure out how to engage people so they want to talk to you. you do this by talking about yourself and why you want to do the things you do and asking specific questions. Do not presume everyone on the internet is here to help you, and appreciate any advice you get. I know you are young and

For instance:

Hi my name is "X" and I am 15. I live in Y city in Z state. I have no/some experience working on mechanical things. I am/am not taking a vocational/shop class at my school. I bought this project bike but I am not sure what to do next. What should I start to do? I would like to learn to ride/fix/both motorcycles. What are my next steps?

To which someone might reply
    Hi X,

The first thing we would like to know is do you own tools and do you have a place to work on your motorcycle? If not you will need to acquire things.
    Then they would list some things you should own.

Regarding your bike a few questions:
    1) does it run?
    2) did you get a title?
    3) Do you have a service manual
    Then they might discuss those thingsThen at some point they would ask "what do you want to do with this bike?"At which point you would post a pic of some awful brat something to which there would then be a 3 page discusson as to how the pic you found on pipeburn is of an awful bike and explain what makes a bike good. Feel me?
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Yeah I understand I'm new to threads so thanks for the tips

HI my name is Brad I'm 15 I live in new Mexico I'm new to bikes I got this bike thinking to fix it up but so far I think I bit off more than I can chew no I'm not taking any classes , my bike dosnt run I have cleaned the carbs put in a battery and put in a new fuse box also put in new spark plugs but it will still not start , I came here with hope some of you experiencedpeople could share your knowledge thanks for the help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links