Hello from Los Angeles
Close

Hello from Los Angeles

This is a discussion on Hello from Los Angeles within the NEW MEMBERS READ HERE! forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Hi there, Looking to join a more active forum in the cafe racer community. I am a novice builder and rider looking to improve on ...

Hello from Los Angeles

Hi there,

Looking to join a more active forum in the cafe racer community.

I am a novice builder and rider looking to improve on both skills. It's been a blast learning about my bike and taking the safety courses that are all over LA.

Just moved from NYC and am enjoying being able to wrench again to take my mind off of work.

Excited to meet enthusiasts in this community as my build comes along.

Taking a pretty mint 91 BMW K75S and making it a 1 of 1 cafe racer.

I'm about a month out from having it on the street and have been meticulous with how I build it and what goes on this bike.

Excited for things to come!

A Month!

Oh ya, L.A. you don't have a short riding season.
    the rear wheel will try to hop a little on heavy braking, watch out for that and if it happens ease off on the rear use the front way harder.
    Keep lots of fuel in the tank your fuel pump relies on it for cooling, they get hot enough to toast your inner leg.

Quote Originally Posted by TrialsRider View Post
    A Month!

Oh ya, L.A. you don't have a short riding season.
    the rear wheel will try to hop a little on heavy braking, watch out for that and if it happens ease off on the rear use the front way harder.
    Keep lots of fuel in the tank your fuel pump relies on it for cooling, they get hot enough to toast your inner leg.
    Yea October is supposed to be the hottest here, so I've got some time to enjoy this "cooler" weather I think.

Good to know about the back brake. I haven't ridden this bike, all the practice bikes I've ridden on have been 400-600cc and on the lighter side. This thing is pretty heavy, although I've been told the K75 runs a bit cooler and smoother than it's big brother the k100.

Just greased the final drive this morning and waiting on a few Ducati parts to wrap up the front end before I disassemble and paint.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by almostordinary View Post
    Yea October is supposed to be the hottest here, so I've got some time to enjoy this "cooler" weather I think.

Good to know about the back brake. I haven't ridden this bike, all the practice bikes I've ridden on have been 400-600cc and on the lighter side. This thing is pretty heavy, although I've been told the K75 runs a bit cooler and smoother than it's big brother the k100.

Just greased the final drive this morning and waiting on a few Ducati parts to wrap up the front end before I disassemble and paint.
    Yours is a K100 with one front cylinder lopped off, at best it runs at 3/4's the temperature :/ except it has the same fuel pump and that's where a lot of the heat comes from, the rest comes off the fuel rail that runs the length and immediately above the hottest part of the cylinders.

Oh ya, side stand is useless, chop that off and keep the centre stand, or put a side stand on the opposite side. If you use the left hand side stand oil will flow down into the cylinders and smoke your rings.

Sponsored Links