I want to convert a 1980 CB750- advice - Page 4
Close

I want to convert a 1980 CB750- advice

This is a discussion on I want to convert a 1980 CB750- advice within the Parts For Sale forums, part of the Classifieds category; who is being "tough"? I would love to hear the conversation in your head right now because it sounds wildly more entertaining than what is ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: I want to convert a 1980 CB750- advice

who is being "tough"? I would love to hear the conversation in your head right now because it sounds wildly more entertaining than what is actually going on here.

If you want people to stop ragging on you like it's your time of the month, then how about you post an introduction (with pictures) instead of just randomly falling out of nowhere to give advice which was more fluff than substance.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Meh.

Im a dick in person too.
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

Quote Originally Posted by torychapman29 View Post
    All of this, because I was trying to make a guy feel better about the bike he bought. I don't even think some of you who commented, know what the original message was. It cracks me up to hear how tough people are over the Internet. Its easy to tell somebody to fuck off when you're miles away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    It's just a tuff crowd here that is helpful.

I personally am not a big fan of ujm's dressed up in 60's cafe form. But I do own a 76 750F that I enjoy and have "cafed" up. It's just some things belong in their respected places.

A cb750c...........with the steering geometry the way it is.......in my opinion is better suited for a classic muscle street stance of back in the day. Kinda like a V-Max type stance. You saw many of that street light to street light muscle style in the late 80s and early 90s. All up and down Sunset Blvd and Hollywood.....Santa Monica Blvd. But you really didn't see them trying to rip up the Angeles mountains or the Ortegas. That style seemed to quickly die out when the HD love affair started in the 90s.

It's nice to be encouraging and supportive but some things sometimes needs to be stated. Making a "C" into a cafe is like makings TSwami s RD into a full touring machine......you know....with the Windjammer, Vetter saddlebags.....hauling a trailer. There would need to be an intervention if he wanted to do that.
    Last edited by knappyfeet; 11-17-2015 at 04:13 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 8ball View Post

...and WHY is this thread in the "Parts for Sale" section?
    To save time. Chances are it's going to end up as parts for sale eventually anyway.

I KID! I KID!

Maybe.
    -Craig
    The Mighty Monza Jr. Thread: https://www.caferacer.net/forum/proje...r-project.html

All of this, because I was trying to make a guy feel better about the bike he bought. I don't even think some of you who commented, know what the original message was. It cracks me up to hear how tough people are over the Internet. Its easy to tell somebody to fuck off when you're miles away.

Really! IRL you wouldn't walk into a garage full of guys talking and tell them to throw someone out cuz you didn't like what he said would you? If you did you'd have gotten told to fuck off in stereo allot sooner. All I did was try and explain that from my perspective you were being over sensitive to say the least and to lighten up. That was when you resorted to name calling, which in turn was appropriately responded to. IRL you'd have still gotten told, your just gonna have to take my word for that.
    If you can't pick it back up, don't ride it.

Yes, If I walked into a garage, and some asshole was telling another guy that what he just bought was junk. Yes, I would try and help the dude out and give him a little encouragement about what he just spent his hard earned money on. And when the "asshole"(we all know who that is) mouthed off to me about it, there are a number of ways I could handle it. Most are a little more brutal than calling him an asshole. And before everyone else wants to pile on make sure you go back and read from the beginning. I really don't think either one of out comments deserve this much attention. If it bothers a man that much to be called an asshole, maybe he has alot more issues that probably should be discussed another type of forum.

And before name calling was ever started. Go back, read Hillsys answer to my question about what he rode. For those who think that was cool, have some mommy issues.

Last edited by torychapman29; 11-18-2015 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Wrong name in post

I will apologize to hillsy. I did get names confused. I guess because Keninwonderland spoke for you. Sorry.

TrialsRider likes this.

Was about to say; I'm pretty sure Hillsy rides an XS650 and collects chopper parts! He's not the one to chew on.

And before name calling was ever started. Go back, read KeninLaLaLand answer to my question about what he rode. For those who think that was cool, have some mommy issues.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Sponsored Links