Ok, so back to the seat plug for a mold. I have since redesigned it using the surfacing in Solidworks. I then had my pal 3D print my model full scale to test it out on the bike to see how it looked. With the little body lines I put on the side of the seat cowl, it was getting quite tough to keep any sort of real accurate symmetry. So the 3D print was a great option for making an accurate plug for a mold. Normally fiberglass folks wouldn't go to the lengths to make a plug, mold, then final part for a one-off, but because it has those body lines you wouldn't be able to just undersize your plug/3D print and lay glass right on top of it. You'd end up losing definition in your body lines. At which point I'd basically be back where I was at anyways (basically eyeballing it). Anyways, we ended up doing three 3D prints. The first was hollow and ended up coming out warped, but a design change was necessary anyways so we refined it and reprinted.
On another note, I finally saved up the cash to buy a proper tube bender. I've got a number of projects that require bent tubes including subframes, bumpers, roll cages, etc. After many many many hours of deliberation/research I decided a RogueFab tube bender fit my needs best and pulled the trigger. I ran 3 test bends on it the other day just to see how it would do on motorcycle frames and the bends looked great. I used 3/4"x.045 wall material for the test. The nice thing about Roguefab is that they offer combo dies at the regular die price (which is already more affordable than the other companies). Now frame hoops and other mods are no longer something I've got to send out for. Maybe one of these days I'll attempt a full frame. I've got a jig in the works