Cafe Racer Forum banner

KZ1100 LTD build

975 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Webbie1 
#1 ·
Hello all. I JUST backed out of buying a KZ1000ST after learning about how much different it was from the other KZ1000's and really not wanting to do a shaft drive build. Instead, I'm going to be buying a 79 Kawasaki KZ1000 LTD from a co worker friend that I a carpool with. This will be a MUCH better starting platform for me, I believe. From the brief research I've done, the 77-80 LTD's have the same seat base as the standard models, so I should be able to find a suitable cafe style seat/cowl for it pretty easily. Most of the initial build will just be stripping it all down and seeing what needs to be replaced or simply omitted. I want to end up with a very simple looking bike. I guess the LTD's are not a super common starting platform, but the build that I've seen turn out looking pretty good. I'm buying it REALLY right, I think. I'll post details and photos once I get it.

Warner

#2 ·
some questions:

does it run?
does it have a title?
do you have a motorcycle riders license/ what's your riding experience?
what's your level of mechanical experience?

#3 ·
some questions:

does it run? Not currently, but it did. I'm buying it from a friend/co-worker who I trust. Needs a battery and carb refresh for sure.

does it have a title? Yes

do you have a motorcycle riders license/ what's your riding experience? Yes to license. Current bike is a 1990 CBR1000F (original Honda Hurricane). Just sold a Buell XB12Scg. Raced a GSX-R1100 back in the day. Been riding for over 40 years

what's your level of mechanical experience? I can do the work on it. What I can't do, I have a friend who can do it.

Warner

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.