Don't Drink and eBay cb750
Close

This is a discussion on Don't Drink and eBay cb750 within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; been working on this bike since the summer but never had a build thread here. well thats how she looked the day i got her.... ...

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

been working on this bike since the summer but never had a build thread here.

well thats how she looked the day i got her....

funny story,
    I was out at the bar one night and started playing on my Iphone eBay app and found this bike. Its a 1971 CB750 K1. Has about 20K miles on it and sat outside for about 10 years. BUT it ran and had a title! oh and the best part was that it had and opening bid of $300 and NO RESERVE! I had seen the bike on CL a few times and the guy wanted $1000 then about a week latter $700. it was down in brooklyn and i figured someone was going to see it and buy it. i assumed it was worth $500-700 on someone out there on the internet, but i bid anyway.
    Then I won! $315, someone had bid. lets just say the guy was less then thrilled but those are the brakes.

Honestly she really ran well. rusted but serviceable

more to follow
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

Good score, lotta work, amazing how sellers say 'if this bike was mint it would easy be worth 8 grand' (or whatever) to which the only logical response could be, 'well why didn't you take better care of it?'
    Honda 4's and MotoGuzzi' make for sweet Cafe Racers.

Good score, lotta work, amazing how sellers say 'if this bike was mint it would easy be worth 8 grand' (or whatever) to which the only logical response could be, 'well why didn't you take better care of it?'
    Honda 4's and MotoGuzzi' make for sweet Cafe Racers.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

yeah it was a good score.
    wasent really looking for another project as i have a bunch of hondas but i couldnt pass this up.
    i really would LOVE a clean stock early CB750 but i cant really afford one....

Amazingly all of the lights, gauges, sensors, and anything else i could think of worked!
    yes she needs cables and such but it all worked.
    only thing that didnt work was the front brake. the master was dry

Im an engineering student in upstate NY so im limited to money and space.
    we do have a large garage that a club im involved in runs but i dont like to leave "good" parts in the shop.

So i started working on some small projects
    first up were the gauges.
    the plan for this bike is to do something simple and fun. not looking for a "radical" build so im using the stock gauages.
    also since this is a 71 it has the early unicorn top triple. i wanted to keep the early parts on this bike.
    found some very nice OEM replacement gauges faces.

they came out nice i think. the chrome ring got alittle messed up and the bodies were not the greatest but for what i wanted to do it will work well.
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

yeah it was a good score.
    wasent really looking for another project as i have a bunch of hondas but i couldnt pass this up.
    i really would LOVE a clean stock early CB750 but i cant really afford one....

Amazingly all of the lights, gauges, sensors, and anything else i could think of worked!
    yes she needs cables and such but it all worked.
    only thing that didnt work was the front brake. the master was dry

Im an engineering student in upstate NY so im limited to money and space.
    we do have a large garage that a club im involved in runs but i dont like to leave "good" parts in the shop.

So i started working on some small projects
    first up were the gauges.
    the plan for this bike is to do something simple and fun. not looking for a "radical" build so im using the stock gauages.
    also since this is a 71 it has the early unicorn top triple. i wanted to keep the early parts on this bike.
    found some very nice OEM replacement gauges faces.

they came out nice i think. the chrome ring got alittle messed up and the bodies were not the greatest but for what i wanted to do it will work well.
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Truly a top down recovery, that PO is going to puke when you finish and post her pics. What's the significance of the red line at 70 mph, is that where the fun starts and the vibration ends?

Truly a top down recovery, that PO is going to puke when you finish and post her pics. What's the significance of the red line at 70 mph, is that where the fun starts and the vibration ends?

not really 100% sure why there is a line at 70mph

i know about the line at 55 on cars in the 80s and not having speeds over 85.

I am Derby\'s Bitch

not really 100% sure why there is a line at 70mph

i know about the line at 55 on cars in the 80s and not having speeds over 85.

I am Derby\'s Bitch

well what else do you do when you have no money.....Polish!

I am Derby\'s Bitch

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links