New here. 1975 CB360. - Page 3
Close

New here. 1975 CB360.

This is a discussion on New here. 1975 CB360. within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Michael Irvin it is then. Haha, no worries. I don't hate you all. I was just thrown off a bit with all the shit I ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Michael Irvin it is then. Haha, no worries. I don't hate you all. I was just thrown off a bit with all the shit I got right off the bat. I get it though, I'm the FNG and I'll take some crap for that.

A little more insight, I've just gotten my "M" endorsement on my license and haven't even been on the road yet. Go on, flame me for that too. But remember this, I'm really enthusiastic about all this and I'm really excited about getting into it. I may not ever race a bike, but I want to ride one and enjoy it.

I mean, come on, it's a "starter bike".
    I\'d hate to be you if you were me.

really dont bother doing any other "kick ass" mods to a bike that isnt running 100%
    also that means running in 100% stock form before you start trying to make it "better"

one more thing i understand that you are super excited and all that crap about making a cool looking bike but that really doesnt hold much water here. just because you are pumped is not excuse to do shitty work or crappy mods.
    take your time and think about what you are doing

also side mount plates are ghey as they are just used as a last ditch idea to mount a plate
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

I made a typo.....so I corrected my posts as well as Judey's and Adam's (I can do that).

It's Michael Irvin, not Irwin. I was referring to Dallas Cowboy Michael Irvin who had his career ended in Philadelphia (from Wikipedia):

Career-ending injury in Philadelphia
    Recovered from his collar bone injury, Irvin returned to have very solid years in 1997 and 1998. During the fifth game of the 1999 season, Irvin, playing wide receiver, was tackled hard at Veterans Stadium in Philadelphia by Philadelphia Eagles defensive back Tim Hauck and went head-first into the turf.
    Irvin was carted off the Philadelphia field on a stretcher as the Philadelphia fans cheered,[4] and the play in Philadelphia proved to be his last. He sustained a non-life-threatening cervical spinal cord injury and was subsequently diagnosed with a narrow spinal column (cervical spinal stenosis), which forced him into early retirement.

So if you ever decide to add number plates to it, you could use #88. It's nice that your bike is already Cowboy's Blue.

Tex
    advocate for the injured, disabled, and urinated upon.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

oh....only about 10% of people here race something. as a guess. the majority are street riders. but racing is where its at!!! 360's are cool.

not a pretty boy honda rider... i\'m fag on a TTR

quote:I mean, come on, it's a "starter bike".
    No... it's a starter bike for girls:

(Gonna be in a lot of trouble later this afternoon, for posting that)
    Many a man who falls in love with a dimple makes the mistake of marrying the whole girl. - Evan Esar

Funny, I googled Michael Irwin and came up with the former medical director of the UN... I was a little puzzled but thought, what the hell.

Philly is just a goofy name I thought of. How about Harry the Honda?

I know I need to dig into the carbs and the clutch cable is kinda sticky, so I'm gonna try to get that moving better.

I realize that the headlight is in Alaska (way out there) but the mount was 20 bucks from my local shop. That's where I'm getting most of my stuff from because I like to support a local shop. The bike's by no means done and probably won't be for a while. It's an on going thing. I'll most likely change a lot of things as I go, but I just want to get a season on it and work my way up. Up to what, I don't know.

I just wanted to introduce myself and show y'all what I got.

By the way, any opinions on the front brake? Anyone have a decent caliper I could use (buy)? I was thinking of putting on a drum front wheel for simplicities sake, although I know stopping power will be greatly reduced.

bfd
    There must be a good number of used and/or rebuildable calipers on eBay. It must crossover to some other bikes. It's just fine to take the easier way out on some of this stuff, save your enthusiasm for that last push to get on the road

quote:Originally posted by 1Adam12

By the way, any opinions on the front brake? Anyone have a decent caliper I could use (buy)? I was thinking of putting on a drum front wheel for simplicities sake, although I know stopping power will be greatly reduced.

great one more person that wants to swap to a drum for looks.......

again calm the excitement down and THINK
    If you do alittle research you will find that there are drums that could be made to work in a safe way on this bike, but is that something that you are really able to do?

also just get the freaking thing running right. STOP all other work
    but on a more positive note thanks for not just taking the dam thing apart.
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

and put the badges back on the tank... with or without them, it's still a honda.
    iphone generated fag

quote:Originally posted by jaguar

quote:Originally posted by 1Adam12

great one more person that wants to swap to a drum for looks.......

again calm the excitement down and THINK
    If you do alittle research you will find that there are drums that could be made to work in a safe way on this bike, but is that something that you are really able to do?

also just get the freaking thing running right. STOP all other work
    but on a more positive note thanks for not just taking the dam thing apart.
    Alright, enlighten me. What needs to happen to make a drum brake work better/safer? I'm capable of more than the average shade tree mechanic. I'm not familiar with all the terminology. I came here to find out more about how to work on my bike, like tips and tricks to make things work well like brakes and such.

I'll admit, I do like the way drum brakes look...

...And yes, the badges are going back on the tank and side covers. I'm not trying to hide the fact that it's a Honda. The right side of the tank has a dent in it right at the "A" underneath the emblem. The emblem is dented as well, however I've a box of emblems and another tank for the bike. I've filled the dent in the tank and I'm gonna paint it the same color as the as the side covers (met. gray).

As I've stated, the bike isn't finished. It's about halfway done. I'm just doing as much work as I can on the entire thing as I can while waiting for parts. It needs a lot of work. I'm doing a bunch of stuff all at one time. I get what everyone is saying about getting it running well before I go doing a bunch of cosmetic stuff to it. I just want to have it all pretty well buttoned up before I get it on the road. I don't want to have a bike that runs great that I have to take apart again to say, paint the tank or "Hey, the bike runs awesome but it's completely stock and I don't like the way it looks so now I'm gonna rip it all apart and do a bunch of stuff over again".

I'm confident that it will run fine. I know it's gonna take work and again, if it's a total scrub I'll just part it out and start over with another bike.

You all have so much concern for me and my bike... I think you guys really like me.

Cheers -Adam

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links