New here. 1975 CB360. - Page 7
Close

New here. 1975 CB360.

This is a discussion on New here. 1975 CB360. within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; quote: Originally posted by borzwazie Well Ken, to be fair, I did trip over my license plate in the garage today and cussed it out, ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    quote:Originally posted by borzwazie

Well Ken, to be fair, I did trip over my license plate in the garage today and cussed it out, if that makes you feel better. also, the taillight is under the seat where it belongs, so I'm not a total loss.

Anyway, I don't own any two-stroke roadbikes yet so I have that on you, at least. I would appreciate your thoughts on a '70 Yamaha DS6 I am considering.

To the OP: threadjack! get it running and stopping first before you strip it all down. don't get all "custom" until you do that. I did it the wrong way and it took me 3 years. honestly, the sidemount plate is/was just a quick fix so I could ride, I got tired of waiting, ken is right, I'm just trolling.
    I think the DS-6 is cool. I am really beginning to like the early Yamaha twins. I think the DS-6 is a piston port 250 that was the first of the horizontally split cases with alloy cylinders and the clutch not hanging off the end of the crank. My first bike was a YM-1, the 305 predecessor of the DS-6. It had vertically split cases, iron cylinders but with the clutch where it belonged.

Put some pipes and carbs on it an have fun.

Ken
    WERA 119
    CCS 119
    CRA 119
    AHRMA not anymore
    \"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once.\"
    Evan Esar
    Newbies, Geeto and Tex (Bye Tex)hate me!!

quote:Originally posted by borzwazie

Well Ken, to be fair, I did trip over my license plate in the garage today and cussed it out, if that makes you feel better. also, the taillight is under the seat where it belongs, so I'm not a total loss.

Anyway, I don't own any two-stroke roadbikes yet so I have that on you, at least. I would appreciate your thoughts on a '70 Yamaha DS6 I am considering.

To the OP: threadjack! get it running and stopping first before you strip it all down. don't get all "custom" until you do that. I did it the wrong way and it took me 3 years. honestly, the sidemount plate is/was just a quick fix so I could ride, I got tired of waiting, ken is right, I'm just trolling.
    I think the DS-6 is cool. I am really beginning to like the early Yamaha twins. I think the DS-6 is a piston port 250 that was the first of the horizontally split cases with alloy cylinders and the clutch not hanging off the end of the crank. My first bike was a YM-1, the 305 predecessor of the DS-6. It had vertically split cases, iron cylinders but with the clutch where it belonged.

Put some pipes and carbs on it an have fun.

Ken
    WERA 119
    CCS 119
    CRA 119
    AHRMA not anymore
    \"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once.\"
    Evan Esar
    Newbies, Geeto and Tex (Bye Tex)hate me!!

Welcome 1Adam12
    I have a 75 CL360. Would recomend you can PM crazyPJ He has several 360s, modded the engines with suzuki pistons to about any other mod you could think up, a suzuki mechanic.

As others have said you should concentrate any money you have to spend on getting it running, brakes, suspension in good shape. Then you could make a decision as to keep it, sell it, or start modifying it to your own tastes. As far as front brake if your not racing it or pushing it hard all the time front brake capability does not matter much. You won't see me hunting up a disk brake for my CL360.
    Weak as wet toilet paper.

1967-CL77, 1975-CL360, 2011-DR650SE

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Got her running the other day. I brought it over to a friend and he did the carbs for me. I'd had them off twice and cleaned all I could, but to no avail, so I caved and handed it over to someone that knows what they're doing.

I've yet to get the front brake squared away, but am still on the hunt for a drum in front... I know, I know, whatever.

As I said, I've got some odds and ends to wrap up, but she's sweet so far.

Anyway, I'm in the middle of a move across town and work is super busy, so time is scarce. I have an "extra" paycheck next month and I'm gonna register, insure, and plate it. Then I'm gonna be riding!

Cheers ya bunch o' queers. -Adam
    I\'d hate to be you if you were me.

Altamonte Springs, Fl. USA, Bridgend, South Wales, U.K.
    CJ360 came with drum standard.
    CB350 drum fits right in and uses lower caliper mount, (8mm bolt) don't think you need different spacers?
    Pretty sure later CB350 forks have same mounting?
    There isn't much 'off the shelf' for 360's and very few 350 parts will fit.
    I would get heavy duty clutch springs (CB350twin, Boretech $15.00, need to fit them in my 'dyno bike' motor, clutch is slipping around 95, although I did get it 'off the clock' today [8D])
    better rear shocks, although stock will work if they are not leaking and you only want a 'ride to work' bike.
    I've got a couple of 360's and find them great fun (although I have done a few modifications )
    You can find my 360's in Projects, 'Too many projects?'
    I dabble in rocket science, when I\'m not picking my nose
    The other night I gave my girlfriend an orgasm, but, she spat it back at me

'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'

Little update, it's about 95% done. Go ahead, flame away say what you want. It runs well and turned out exactly how I imagined it. I'm happy with it.

Cheers -Adam

I know some bits are a little cliche, but it's all functional... And cheap.

Not too shabby... Actually it's pretty shabby. Ah well, nobody has to like it but me.

I like shabby. Shabby sometimes says "I'm about function, not douchebag style"

I've seen far worse (functionally) than yours. At least you have sensible handlebars, non offensive mufflers, stock airbox, etc.

Put a fork brace on there (mudguards are good in the rain though) , some new shocks and I'd call it done.

I picked up a fairing that's marked "Honda", "Bikini", and is stamped 1994. I couldn't find any info on it online, but it looks cool on the bike. I need to make some brackets for it. It required me moving my headlight up and back a bit... Happy?

It's getting a front fender as well... Happy?

I also got my front brake stay on today. Ran it for a bit today and the right side cylinder was/wasn't firing. Picked up a set of plugs and will try giving it a shot tomorrow.

Pics of the fairing to follow.

Cheers -Adam

Altamonte Springs, Fl. USA, Bridgend, South Wales, U.K.
    Put a fork brace on it and change the shocks before you hurt yourself
    I dabble in rocket science, when I\'m not picking my nose
    The other night I gave my girlfriend an orgasm, but, she spat it back at me

'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Sponsored Links