1970 cl350 cafe project - Page 3
Close

1970 cl350 cafe project

This is a discussion on 1970 cl350 cafe project within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; quote: Originally posted by ejohnston i don't understand you forum fanatics jargons I gots no time or attention span for a dude who thinks of ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    quote:Originally posted by ejohnston

i don't understand you forum fanatics jargons
    I gots no time or attention span for a dude who thinks of a motorcycle as a fashion accessory.

if you cant appreciate why your clean original 1970's paint cl is awesome and you think that crappy bike you picked out must be the bees knees just cuz it looks cool, then why should we care what you think?

I mean honestly, why should we help you over the thousands who come here with the exact same intro post? what makes you so special? just cuz you think a certain bike looks cool? I guess my point is: maybe if you give us a real introduction, be honest about your skills and experience (which we already know s next to nil), and really show us something beyond the generic newbie post you may be surprised. but until then - yeah this thread has teh AIDS.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

quote:Originally posted by catboy

troll
    +1

or just dim
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

i think just that dim.

what a cool motorcycle. i can't wait til the flavor of the month becomes KTM spiders.
    iphone generated fag

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

well just based on the into its clear that you know nothing about "cafe" bikes or this forum. Thats OK i guess because everyone has to start some place but really why not do ANY research your self about this site....search here and you should find a MILLION ass hole newbie threads that all read the same as yours. If you are looking for imput again search....some race these things....
    But I assume its just a look thing for you. in that case google "do the ton" they have a happy forum that will be filled with super nice people that will vailidated all of your shitty mods that you have in your head.

mostly this is based on your "low bar" comment.

Since its also safe for me to assume that you arent that handy with a wrench or understand how carbs work im going to tell you something....

That bike will never be better then it is right now. you are only going to fuck it up doing your "build" its not really the end of the world... not like its a rare K0....

Maybe we can just start again....
    Why not give a proper into
    -skill level as a rider and a mechanic
    -do you have tools?
    -what do you think your budget is?
    -goals for the bike?
    -what a cafe is to you...this should be about a 1000 words. im ok with some pictures and a write up as to why you like these bikes and such. not looking for a history leson but something more personal

This will help us to either help you to see the light or just dissmiss you as a hipster
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

quote:Originally posted by Geeto67

quote:Originally posted by ejohnston

i don't understand you forum fanatics jargons
    I gots no time or attention span for a dude who thinks of a motorcycle as a fashion accessory.

if you cant appreciate why your clean original 1970's paint cl is awesome and you think that crappy bike you picked out must be the bees knees just cuz it looks cool, then why should we care what you think?

I mean honestly, why should we help you over the thousands who come here with the exact same intro post? what makes you so special? just cuz you think a certain bike looks cool? I guess my point is: maybe if you give us a real introduction, be honest about your skills and experience (which we already know s next to nil), and really show us something beyond the generic newbie post you may be surprised. but until then - yeah this thread has teh AIDS.
    excuse me mr Geeto67 i wasn't aware your life is soooooo buuuuusy! obviously you had enough time to write that paragraph of complaints! lets be honest this is a forum! im not writing or breaking any code on a brain surgeon protocol. And i never said you should help me over the thousands! if you have time and/or interest, help them, if not, don't! I guess i was wrong thinking a forum could be used as a place to brainstorm! And as far as im concerned it is not Troll or TEH aids to have a hobby that i don't know to much about while i am in dental school! (im sure dental school is just as busy, if not busier than what you have going on!) and maybe that bike doesn't look good to you! but thank god for "own opinions" notice i said "I" fell in love! so if a bike looks better to me in my opinion! i don't think it is "Troll" for me to want to change it to the way "I" like it!

In dental school we are training to be professionals! what if i scoffed and told them to f off, every time someone asked me a dumb question about my area of knowledge! i thought (you guys being professionals) i could ask a question that may sound dumb to you!

what question did you ask again?

and wouldnt you be pissed if the answer you gave wasnt good enough for the guy asking it?

You got a bike
    you got a pic
    you have the internet
    order the parts from the pic and call it a racer
    done

really you just arent getting it here....
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Dental school eh? Didn't get good enough grades in organic chem to get on the med school path?

Imagine in your first day of dental school you introduced yourself not by who you are, but by telling everyone your goal for going to dental school was to be one of those people in the mall who whitens teeth. Think about how open and receptive they would be to you. Same thing here.

Just cause a forum exists doesn't mean it exists solely to cater to you. If you bothered to look around you would see your type of introduction is exactly the kind that draws abuse from this crowd. If you read further you would have seen that if you introduce yourself, let is know who we are dealing with, limitations, etc.... We are actually helpful. Be we are not here to help every trend jumping Johnny dickrider build shitty bikes that getthemselves hurt while cutting up nice original machines at the same time. You talk about "professionalism" then act like one and not just like the 1000s of other douchebags who want the flavor of the moment.

Two more quick points:

1) you don't have a hobby, you have an interest. You haven't graduated to hobby yet.

2) function over form is the law of the land. You don't know enough yet but that douchey little 350 you "fell in love" with is a pile of shit, you just don't know what shit smells like yet. Hipsters and fashionistias build bikes by how they look and " fall in love with design", the rest of us have a good laugh at your expense and continue doing what we do.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

well now it sounds like were running in circles! i know i have the picture, internet, and bike! but my original question was the best chrome filter pod(if they work at all)! i like that look (my opinion) but i dont want to sacrifice to much reliability or "downgrade" performance for looks!

but point taken!

two things i learned: 1) forum junkies need a salt brick for there high horses! and 2) learn by trial and error when it comes to motorcycles because asking a question a newbie doesn't understand(by the way i did search for a topic on cl350 pod air filters, with no return) has TEH AIDS!

Don't search for "cl350 pod filters" just search "pod filters". They do pretty much the same thing to every bike. If you really are interested helping your bike perform better (which I'd say about 99.99% of the people on here want) then stay away from them. Start messing with the way air flows through your motor and you invite a host of other things you will have to do to get it running right again. Buy a book about it, there's tons of them on how a motor works, you can never change one thing and one thing only. And judging from your posts you don't have any idea what your getting into. And just 'cause you can work on a car (if you think you can) doesn't mean shit. I've rebuilt many flathead V8's, fab'ed 4 link suspensions for drag cars with 50 year old frames, etc..., but was like a drunk penguin when I broke apart my twin to upgrade/rebuild. But I've learned (from the likes of those on here that you say need a salt brick), and it takes time. Point is, is you want stock performance, leave it stock. If you want better performance, do your homework. You're in school so it shouldn't be a stretch.

And goolge "internet troll" before using it in a sentence.
    220, 221 whatever it takes.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links