Cafe Racer Forum banner

1972 Yamaha DS7 period correct Cafe project

14K views 62 replies 18 participants last post by  Geeto67 
#1 ·
Hey guys, new to the site and new to the Cafe sceen as I'm only 23 but I'm in love with it anyways. I'll give you a quick rundown of the bike history and the build plan and throw some pics up later next week when I get a chance.

Bike:</u>
1972 Yamaha DS7 250 2-stroke. I picked her up when I was 17 for $250. She had been sitting for 7 years with no fuel stabalizer in a garage. Condition isn't too bad for such an old girl who hadn't been taken care of at all. Plugs were fouled and carbs were dirty, 2 broken spokes on the rear wheel, small dent in the gas tank from where she had been laid down a long time ago and mismatched blinker covers cause apparently one had been shattered. Cleaned the carbs, replaced the points and changed the plugs. Got her running for awhile but with no fuel stabalizer the gas tank had rusted out so the rust in the gas lines quickly fouled out everything again and she quit. I left for the military before getting a chance to do anything else with her.

Thought Process</u>
I want to build it up from the mind of someone in the late 70's who got the '72 for cheap, maybe a pass down from their dad or a barnyard find kind of deal, and decided they wanted to upgrade it to a cafe racer with more modern parts. So they took parts off of a mid-70's junkyard bike to help create their racer, along with doing their own custom body/fab work. Essentially, keeping it relatively period correct and all in the 70's.

Build</u>
Only in the tear down stages right now. In the process of removing everything to clean her up and start to get the pieces to re-assmble it all. But here come the ideas.
Body
1: Trim front fender for streamlined look
2: Lower the OE headlight mount and attatch blinkers to OE headlight supports for more streamilined blinkers
3: Black clubman handlebars
4: Lower/recess tach and speedo into the gas tank for streamlined look
5: Fab OE gas tank for gauge recesses and knee grip indents
6: Rebuild OE seat pan with low profile seat and OE passenger seat
7: Custom fabed passenger seat cover cowl with tail light notch
8: Trim rear fender to flush mount with seat
9: Custom fab OE rear brake light to flush mount at seat end with intigrated/attatched rear blinkers
Performance
1: 73-75 RD350 front wheel w/single disk brake assembly
2: Custom 2-1 exhaust, underframe, termination at back tire
3: Relocate pegs to the rear and rebuild linkages for more aggresive riding position
Preposed Paint
1: OE paint scheme, repainted for matte black with OE shimmer yellow/gold on tank, oil tank, side cover, headlight and custom cowl
2: Matte black frame, bars and chainguard
3: Flat black powdercoated OE wheel rims, flat white pinstriped with polished chrome spokes

That's the plan so far. I'll post up bike pics and concept art pics when I get the chance so you can all see my vision and plan. I'm stuck on an island 9000mi from the states with nothing to do in my free time but work on my bike, so I'm hoping to have it done before I leave here in a year and a half.

Feel free to let me know if you have comments or suggestions, I'm always open to new ideas and new perspectives, especially since you guys I'm sure have been doing this a lot longer than me. :D

Thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
quote:Originally posted by Sigurd8404

Hey guys, new to the site and new to the Cafe sceen as I'm only 23 but I'm in love with it anyways. I'll give you a quick rundown of the bike history and the build plan and throw some pics up later next week when I get a chance.

Bike:</u>
1972 Yamaha DS7 250 2-stroke. I picked her up when I was 17 for $250. She had been sitting for 7 years with no fuel stabalizer in a garage. Condition isn't too bad for such an old girl who hadn't been taken care of at all. Plugs were fouled and carbs were dirty, 2 broken spokes on the rear wheel, small dent in the gas tank from where she had been laid down a long time ago and mismatched blinker covers cause apparently one had been shattered. Cleaned the carbs, replaced the points and changed the plugs. Got her running for awhile but with no fuel stabalizer the gas tank had rusted out so the rust in the gas lines quickly fouled out everything again and she quit. I left for the military before getting a chance to do anything else with her.

Thought Process</u>
I want to build it up from the mind of someone in the late 70's who got the '72 for cheap, maybe a pass down from their dad or a barnyard find kind of deal, and decided they wanted to upgrade it to a cafe racer with more modern parts. So they took parts off of a mid-70's junkyard bike to help create their racer, along with doing their own custom body/fab work. Essentially, keeping it relatively period correct and all in the 70's.

Build</u>
Only in the tear down stages right now. In the process of removing everything to clean her up and start to get the pieces to re-assmble it all. But here come the ideas.
Body
1: Trim front fender for streamlined look
2: Lower the OE headlight mount and attatch blinkers to OE headlight supports for more streamilined blinkers
3: Black clubman handlebars
4: Lower/recess tach and speedo into the gas tank for streamlined look
5: Fab OE gas tank for gauge recesses and knee grip indents
6: Rebuild OE seat pan with low profile seat and OE passenger seat
7: Custom fabed passenger seat cover cowl with tail light notch
8: Trim rear fender to flush mount with seat
9: Custom fab OE rear brake light to flush mount at seat end with intigrated/attatched rear blinkers
Performance
1: 73-75 RD350 front wheel w/single disk brake assembly
2: Custom 2-1 exhaust, underframe, termination at back tire
3: Relocate pegs to the rear and rebuild linkages for more aggresive riding position
Preposed Paint
1: OE paint scheme, repainted for matte black with OE shimmer yellow/gold on tank, oil tank, side cover, headlight and custom cowl
2: Matte black frame, bars and chainguard
3: Flat black powdercoated OE wheel rims, flat white pinstriped with polished chrome spokes

That's the plan so far. I'll post up bike pics and concept art pics when I get the chance so you can all see my vision and plan. I'm stuck on an island 9000mi from the states with nothing to do in my free time but work on my bike, so I'm hoping to have it done before I leave here in a year and a half.

Feel free to let me know if you have comments or suggestions, I'm always open to new ideas and new perspectives, especially since you guys I'm sure have been doing this a lot longer than me. :D

Thanks!

The things I've highlighted in bold are the things I would not do. Do a search on clubmans and kneedents and you'll know what I mean about those. The exhaust is not an improvement over individual expansion chambers, so it gets the thumbs down. Others may disagree, but not many from this site, I suspect.

The other stuff is pretty much cosmetic so whatever works for you is OK.

And please don't talk about the "cafe scene" as we are all throwing up a little in our mouths.

#3 ·
Lots of interesting ideas but few of them are actually in keeping with the concept. Back in the day, what we would have done was:

Clip on bars
Rear sets
Expansion chambers
Gauges high and tight like a Gold Star or Bonnie - up where you could see them at speed and angled back
Big tank if we could afford it
Single race seat
Maybe a top half fairing or if you were really flash a full fairing

This is all a personal opinion not gospel, but...
Disk brake is a good idea
Frame in gloss black or RED
Flat back was not used and now it's overplayed

Modern updates could include LED rear light and blinkers which are smaller and brighter.

Bottom line is that it's your bike and your vision, so go for it. I'd play with ideas for a while and try grabbing as much info off the web for inspiration and get a large picture of a stock bike and print it at say 75% transparency and draw all over the copies as you explore ideas.

#4 ·
Hillsy: Cafe is a scene. Or group or clique or niche or whatever you want to call it. It's a small percentage of a population that likes a certain sort of style, just like the die hard sport bike fan or groups that will only ride a Harley. Scene, when I used it was purely referring to the game of building and tuning cafe racers anyways.

Moving on. Clubman was more of a style choice over clip on's due to personal style and mirrors. This will be a road bike for fun, not a race build so I will need to maintain mirror functionality and I'm not a fan of bar end mirrors. I however can come up with a plan for mirrors with clip on's though. Thanks for the thought there.

Knee grip tank indents were a decision for a more streamlined riding stance. I'm 6' but not incredibly wide, but I do like the styling. Perhaps a larger, wider tank indented to OE width for both style and functionality?

I'm not sure if you're familiar with the stock DS7 exhaust system but it is both incredibly restrictive and heavy. It's a dual pipe system that was not designed well. During my original research when I was first fixing the motorcycle 6 years ago all suggestions actually said to drill holes into the baffle ends because the back pressure was so poorly mapped out. I did and it ran much smoother than before I made that backyard modification. Point being, with proper knowledge of the exhaust port timing to create a 2-1 that mixes properly, it should see an advantage to hp, or at the very least, smoother engine performance at the same hp. Not to mention that we'll be talking significant weight savings and better weight distribution.

I'll keep the clip on's vs clubman's in mind and look forward to hearing your inputs on the tank. Thanks

#6 ·
Teazer: That's 2 for clip on's so I'll definitely be looking that direction now. Thanks.

Hear you on the paint, I guess it is pretty overused now, I'll let that one go. OE paint is a pretty nice yellow/gold mix. Thoughts on keeping it that basic colour but updating to a little brighter, maybe with a touch of shimmer and going with gloss black? Any opinion on my idea of the wheels being black rims with chrome spokes? Too modern or showy?

You're talking more of finding a larger, wider tank off of say a mid/late 70's 500-750 for instance?

I'm going to stick without fairings, just personal style on that one, more of the stripped down, naked-bike feel.

The seat cowl hiding a 2nd seat was an idea purely for modern functionality. I'll consider other options for just a single seat.

Thanks a lot for the period correct insight, the more true to form I can make her the more accomplished I'll feel in my own mind. I've already got some concept drawings and I'll be doing a lot more this week. I'll post pics late next week if you want to stay tuned and see my ideas on paper.

Thanks again!

#7 ·
Lizard: It was 1 hole in that thinner portion and 2 on each baffle end. The exhaust gasses actually get trapped in that wider portion of the baffle as well because the exhaust exit port was so small on such a large width exhaust. Which allows the exhaust gas to stay in the baffle, causing extra back pressure and all other problems.

#8 ·
wow you have absolutely no idea what the fuck you are talking about. literally I haven't seen this much ignorance since.....well...no actually you have so little concept of what you are talking about you win the ignorance prize. Your dazzling level of stupid has actually rendered me speechless.

#9 ·
quote:Originally posted by Sigurd8404

Lizard: It was 1 hole in that thinner portion and 2 on each baffle end. The exhaust gasses actually get trapped in that wider portion of the baffle as well because the exhaust exit port was so small on such a large width exhaust. Which allows the exhaust gas to stay in the baffle, causing extra back pressure and all other problems.
then thats more a problem of your exhuast port shape/width-flow than the baffel in silencer, its mearly there to dispel heat and for emissions, its the end of the expansion chamber and length and size that determines when the pules returns. the silencer just works as a breather in this case really. allowing the gases to flow as they should. like a straw in a bottle once tipped upside down mate, im not arguing anyhow lol im a newbie, but have tinkerd in 2t pipe theory before.

#10 ·
Stock DS series exhaust is indeed heavy but it works very well. The diameter of that tiny looking baffle tube is basically the correct size bleed tube for that motor. Too large and it doesn't work well. A GT750 Suzuki with 3x250cc cylinders has 23mm outlets and TR750 racers making over 120hp are not much larger. Size isn't everything.

2 into 1 exhaust for a two stroke is far less effective that two individual chambers. 2 stroke exhausts don't work the same way as 4 strokes.

Many 2 cylinder sleds come with 2 into 1 pipes and places like Dynoport and SLP and AAen all offer replacement single and double pipes and those guys have been developing pipes for years. They know what they are doing. The rest of us, not so much.

I'm not telling you what you can or cannot do or even what you should or should not do, just trying to fill in some blanks.

#11 ·
No one had knee dents back in the day. When some bikes were fitted with larger tanks for long races they became uncomfortably wide at the rear, so the way around that was to leave the rear portion as narrow as teh frame and allow the tank to bulge ahead of the rider's knees. It was more comfortable to ride and has the added bonus of providing some degree of streamlining. The most extreme example of that was on the E95 Porcupine.

Race bikes like the Manx Norton, AJS 7R and larger sibling the Matchbox G50 all came with small front number plate/fly screens. No fairings so they needed all the streamlining they could get. That was where we all fell in love with a Manx or G50 tank. the style came from its function.

Bashing dents into a tank to make for shape that's not functional and digs into the legs is a pointless exercise. Race bike tanks of the day were not short and fat or tall. They were typically long and then so the rider could tuck in tight and cheat the wind. The sort of tanks that people fitted to Yamaha road bikes back in the day typically copied the style of TD2 and TD3 race bikes. They were like a long bread box. narrow as the frame at teh rear and wider over the engine to hold more fuel and to be a better match to the riders shoulder width. There's that function creating form again.

I'd look at the shape of a TD2/TR2 or TD3 tank as a starting point and as a bonus, the shape is simple and easy to copy. They are period and they are functional and they look just right.

#12 ·
Gentlemen, please...where are your manners?
Sometimes you fish because you need dinner, and sometimes you fish purely for the sport of it.

Andrew (Sigurd8404) doesn't seem hungry.

Andy, I take exception to only one minor part of your otherwise thoughtfully laid out plans:
Since the stock pipes were designed to disguise proper expansion chambers, and make them appear much more like a proper 4-stroke exhaust, they include a lot of superfluous, and needlessly heavy, chrome plated metal. I'm all for ditching the exhaust. Bear in mind, you'll need to engineer the 2 into 1 expansion chamber carefully to take advantage of the reversionary exhaust pulses. I have no fucking idea how to do it, but seriously, how difficult can it be? At any rate, even if you totally fuck it up, the weight savings should more than outweigh any horsepower loss, no? After all, when new, bike only made 25hp? even if you lost 20%, that's what... 5hp? He'll surely save more than 5lbs of weight. Besides, he's already proven he knows how to improve a stock 2-stroke exhaust. Andrew, wouldn't it figure if you drill one hole in the exhaust & gain performance... drilling 2 holes would net you twice the horsepower/responsiveness gains?

So what if knee dents aren't necessary...

I hear what this man's laying down. He doesn't plan to race the fucking thing... he needs to see what's fucking behind him.
Knee dents & proper mirrors, fellas. ATGATT? Mirrors are a big part of that, no? So, get a larger tank, and do the knee denting to your heart's content. Mickey356 has an enormous DOHC CB750 tank for sale... he'd surely let it go under $200, and you could modify it w/o losing an ounce of fuel capacity.

Come to think of it, like Andrew (BTW, what's your MOS, soldier-boy?), I'm not hungry, and I'm interested in the sport of this build. I really want this guy to hang around so I can see what he does. I'm impressed by his rhetoric... so keep it to yourself, Geeto, et. al.

#13 ·
quote:Originally posted by Geeto67

wow you have absolutely no idea what the fuck you are talking about. literally I haven't seen this much ignorance since.....well...no actually you have so little concept of what you are talking about you win the ignorance prize. Your dazzling level of stupid has actually rendered me speechless.
I think that was the most useful information I've gotten yet. Thanks. I know I don't know much about 2-stroke engines, if I did I wouldn't be sitting here on a forum asking questions and opinions would I? My back ground is with 4 cylinder cars, so I understand theres a huge difference. I could care less if you say I'm a fucking idiot, but there's a difference between saying someone is an idiot and then explaining to them why and just saying they're an idiot. One is positive criticism that leads to improvement and one is poor leadership and instruction which just makes you an epic douche.

I've read your posts on other threads, I know you know your shit, but theres a difference between being intelligent and being an asshole, maybe no one ever taught you that.

If I told you to do needle decompression for a tension pneumothorax for which you need to find the line where the shoulder blade and nipple lines intersect in his third intercostal space or that person dies, then throw in gunfire and a 2-3 minute time limit...you would probably have to ask someone for help to know what the fuck I'm even talking about and how to accomplish that task.

We all have strengths and we all have weaknesses, being a douche to other people just cause you know you're smarter than they are in a certain area or skill just makes you a giant c*cksucker, not a fucking badass. So if you don't want to tell me I'm a fucking dumbass with an explanation why, from the vast array of knowledge I know you have, then just get the fuck off my thread and I'll make sure to PM you when it's done in a year and a half or so, even without your help and criticism.

Oh, and remember, fighting on the internet is like the special olympics. You very well may win, but you're still a fucking in the end. Food for thought before you go bomb someone else's thread.

Nice talking to you.

#14 ·
Adam,

I know you feel disrespected by Geeto, but believe me, what you posted above toward him will only invite an ifinite amount of people telling you how you should've itroduced your self better, for example maybe your riding experiance and mechanical or other skills that you may have, it will help people understand you a little better and even if you don't have much to offer let everyone know and you will get help based on that info.

#16 ·
That was my signal for you to probably sit down and shut up because, let's face it scooter, you haven't been right about anything you said before. At All. Honestly you have been so wrong about so much people really don't want to right that much about all of it. I am trying to do you a favor because really you are embarrassing yourself, and others are starting to feel embarrassed for you. You should remember that as a newbie you are a guest here, most of the people here know each other in real life and are friends, so far your only impression on all these strangers is that a) you talk a lot, and b) none of it has any substance. If you think saying a lot of pithy unoriginal things to forum regulars and being dismissive of a bunch of people who were blowing up two strokes when you were still crapping your huggies is goign to help you save face or curry any good will, let me save you the trouble - it wont.

no - you don't know ANYTHING about how a two stroke works. There are whole books dedicated to the science of reversion or how power sound is used to keep the fuel charge in the chamber. In fact the science itself was the subject of a true life tale of deception, defection, cold war spy games, possible execution, and how suzuki garnered road racing dominance in the 1960s. Yes that very science you piss all over with your caviler theoretical 2 stroke design once meant someone's live. It isn't my job to give you a science lesson you can get from the internet by reading so here are a few links to get you started. If you want to read about the spy stuff the book is called stealing speed and came out last year.

http://www.southernskies.net/page_info/runningtwostrokeengine.html
http://www.motorcycle.com/how-to/ho...ambers-work-and-why-you-should-care-3423.html
http://vincentcrabtree.co.uk/2TExpChambers.aspx
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expansion_chamber

here is also an animation of how a two stroke works, maybe you'll understand it but somehow I don't think so till you have read all the links plus some more:

So let's begin to correct this shit show....shall we?....Great......where to begin:

quote: Hillsy: Cafe is a scene. Or group or clique or niche or whatever you want to call it. It's a small percentage of a population that likes a certain sort of style, just like the die hard sport bike fan or groups that will only ride a Harley. Scene, when I used it was purely referring to the game of building and tuning cafe racers anyways.
everything is a scene, and the scene of making anything go faster has been around since "anything" existed. Before bikes it was bicycles, and locomotives, and carriages, etc. What you, mr 23 year old, are contributing to is the scene of raping the "cafe racer" image for fun and profit because the chopper shit got boring. How do I know? well that is what the modern scene is. The scene we are into here is hopping up the street bikes of those who are otherwise involved in some way with roadracing on tracks, real drag racing on tracks, and flat (dirt) track racing. What I can tell you is (and to quote the Reigning Sound) as long as men revise the truth the facts no longer matter - things like CR TV sell you an image and make you believe there is some thriving organic culture. Really they are manufacturing this image to sell rockabilly clothing and universal bike parts. Most of us can still remember when Cafe racer was a derogatory term used to indicate a poser, and it isn't because we are old - it is because it only stopped happening around 1990. I don't understand what this fascination is with you punks and wanting to belong to something that is a scene, if you feel that strongly join a club. VJMC, vinmoto, etc all are actual clubs and will gladly validate your feelings of inadequacy.

quote:Moving on. Clubman was more of a style choice over clip on's due to personal style and mirrors. This will be a road bike for fun, not a race build so I will need to maintain mirror functionality and I'm not a fan of bar end mirrors. I however can come up with a plan for mirrors with clip on's though. Thanks for the thought there.
clubman bars, like much of what you don't understand in this hobby, have a very purposeful origin. They were not a style choice, or at least until you band wagon jumping, dick riding, cheap as fuck little scene-sters came along. Clubman racing was very popular in england post WWII. That is racing, on a track, with a bike that conforms to a class, and the rider is a member of a club. A lot of the rules around clubman racing focused on keeping a level playing field, and one of them was that you had to use the factory bar mounts. Thus if your bike didn't come with clipons, you couldn't use them. MFGs like BSA built bikes like the Gold Star which came with clipons, while other racers bent bars into the shape that is know known as the clubman bars. Because it is a cheaper to make a clubman bar, they sell for less than clipons and that is how they became popular with guys who wanted to ape the racers but didn't have any money. Make no mistake, a clubman bar design is an inferior bar in every way to a clipon but because they are $15 bucks on ebay instead of $40-$100, they have managed to hang around. Most people using them today have no idea as to their very narrow intent and purpose. Furthermore, most today don't understand that there are different sizes to clipons, or how the angle of the mounting is critical.

quote:Knee grip tank indents were a decision for a more streamlined riding stance. I'm 6' but not incredibly wide, but I do like the styling. Perhaps a larger, wider tank indented to OE width for both style and functionality?
Knee dents were originally designed to hold rubber knee pads. The prevailing riding theory of the time was that when a rider was riding fast, he should grip the sides of the tanks with his knees to stabilize himself and tuck into the bike as much as possible. This isn't a streamlining thing so much as it is a motorcycle physics in its infancy thing. Most guys took the rubbers off the tanks of their bikes when they built "specials" because it made it look less like grandpa's motorbicycle and more like a race bike which didn't have the rubber pads. What Teazer said about fuel tank capacity is spot on. At some point it was figured out that you needed 5 gallons of gas for a modern 1950's motorcycle to make it around the Isle of Man TT course. Bikes like matchless G50s, AJS A7Rs, even triumph and norton racers, and dunstall, created tanks that bulged around the riders knees so he could still mount the bike without his knees splayed and hold extra fuel.

quote:I'm not sure if you're familiar with the stock DS7 exhaust system but it is both incredibly restrictive and heavy. It's a dual pipe system that was not designed well. During my original research when I was first fixing the motorcycle 6 years ago all suggestions actually said to drill holes into the baffle ends because the back pressure was so poorly mapped out. I did and it ran much smoother than before I made that backyard modification. Point being, with proper knowledge of the exhaust port timing to create a 2-1 that mixes properly, it should see an advantage to hp, or at the very least, smoother engine performance at the same hp. Not to mention that we'll be talking significant weight savings and better weight distribution
what do you think? you are breaking new ground here? many many companies made and sold 2 and 3 into 1 chambered exhaust systems back in the 60's and 70's. This was all done by men with real engineering degrees being paid to design these exact parts for a living. You know why you don't see it now? because it doesn't work. If it worked on any level you would have seen it used in racing at some point, or maybe you would have even heard or seen one of these previous attempts. chances are you haven't, why? because the science of two stroke design doesn't support it in practice. Your DS7 exhaust was designed for maximum efficiency for a commuter bike using the best tech that was available at the time, it won't be optimal for high performance, but don't sell it short it still works 100% better than what you are proposing. If you know about two strokes and how they operate, or even if you knew about the science of using sound waves to move air, you would understand why.

and as for this:

quote:If I told you to do needle decompression for a tension pneumothorax for which you need to find the line where the shoulder blade and nipple lines intersect in his third intercostal space or that person dies, then throw in gunfire and a 2-3 minute time limit...you would probably have to ask someone for help to know what the fuck I'm even talking about and how to accomplish that task.
I grew up in medicine and even have some limited EMT training (and a lot more Fire Rescue Training). But you know what all of that taught me that it hasn't taught you? To keep my mouth shut and seek out appropriate training if that is what I need to accomplish. If I needed to know battlefield medicine, I would enlist and learn everything they had to teach me (which is probably what you did). I wouldn't spout off about how much I thought I knew about it on the internet only to have a bunch of crabby dudes make sport of how wrong I was. As Samuel Clemens said it is better to stay silent and let them think you are an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. Sir, you have certainly removed all doubt.

#17 ·
I miss all the good threads because I'm in the garage trying to figure out how to get this piece of shit 2 stroke on the track again after another blow up/seizure without spending any money.

Where'd I bugger that JB Weld?

Seriously, Hawkeye, forget a 2 stroke "cafe racer" and consider a tracker tribute if its going to be about the optics and aesthetics. A DS7 doesn't really have cafe lineage that you can draw on for inspiration, DS7's don't have any tracker lineage either for that matter. Maybe an Ascot TT tribute bike[?]

You can try though if you insist but a 2 stroke dingadingadingading ring ring ring ringggggggggggggg a dingggggggggggggg just doesn't sound "cafe" IMHO.

Go to YouTube and listen to Giacomo's 350 or 500 for what a motorcycle engine should sound like.

On the street in your leather Ton Up jacket, puddinbowl, Carolina Engineer Boots and Xtra Long greasy 501's you want a deep throaty
howl of a 4 stroke with a cam and the right pipes. Pushrods are good too.

The DS7 restored to original condition or a VERY mild cleanup, new tires, good brakes and ZERO PRETENSION is a nice little understated vintage 2 stroke but not much else. Good for a run to the grocery store for a loaf of bread - IYKWIM.

Now, when you have skill, you can forget everything about optics and aesthetics and the DS7 would make a pretty damn capable little sled in some vintage flat tracking or maybe even a 250GP RR. What the hell, haven't seen many of those gridded up for battle. Out here is the Honda 160/175 in vintage small caliber racin.

Good luck. This is all JMHO - Do what you wanna do, cuz.

#19 ·
Shame on you guys. We haven't had such a cocksure know-it-all newbie like this guy in a very long time... and you (yes, especially you, Geeto) have to be dicks, and tell him he's an idiot. Did none of you understand my subtle suggestion to "keep this fish on the line" for a while? It was gonna be good fun, watchin'. Now you've probably run him off forever with your rudeness - letting the facts get in the way of my entertainment, and he'll bring his delightful project to DTT or something.

#21 ·
kick ass!

Just like they used to ride to the ace cafe right?
make sure it does a ton

We at CR.net have a cafe kit for sale
the two stroke kit is way cheaper

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.