how to lower a bike??
Close

how to lower a bike??

This is a discussion on how to lower a bike?? within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Hey I just started my first build on a 74 honda cl360. I was wondering what is the appropriate measure that I should lower the ...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

how to lower a bike??

Hey I just started my first build on a 74 honda cl360. I was wondering what is the appropriate measure that I should lower the front and the rear? I also would like to know how to do it (mainly the rear). thanks everyone!

Let the air out of the tires, then put tie-down straps around the rear shocks and crank em as tight as you can. If your bike is still not stupid looking enough after all of that, you can put on clubmans and 59 stickers.

Let the air out of the tires, then put tie-down straps around the rear shocks and crank em as tight as you can. If your bike is still not stupid looking enough after all of that, you can put on clubmans and 59 stickers.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

You did see that we have a search option here right?
    While you are at it search for our opinions on lowering a bike...remember this isn't some civic....
    If it's just a looks thing google " do the ton forum" they can help you on the looks thing

Thanks and have a rad day
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

You did see that we have a search option here right?
    While you are at it search for our opinions on lowering a bike...remember this isn't some civic....
    If it's just a looks thing google " do the ton forum" they can help you on the looks thing

Thanks and have a rad day
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

Hey, someone from OC! Welcome!

Oscar, watch out for the cranky old dudes on this forum. They will jump on you for asking about modifications that do not improve performance. They are especially vigilant against suspension lowering, those meanies.

Me? I just post friendly greetings and helpful advice, and I never criticise anyone's build plans. Go along and get along, that's my motto.

Hey, someone from OC! Welcome!

Oscar, watch out for the cranky old dudes on this forum. They will jump on you for asking about modifications that do not improve performance. They are especially vigilant against suspension lowering, those meanies.

Me? I just post friendly greetings and helpful advice, and I never criticise anyone's build plans. Go along and get along, that's my motto.

Annnnd..... WHY?

Its a pretty low bike - if you have issues putting your feet on the ground I would start t with the seat.

Changing ride height will make your bike handle like poop. Especially lowering rear alone will make the attitude such that the rake is lower and handling slouchier.

how?

front, just a little bit can be done by sliding the forks in the clamps (1-2"). Doing more that way will risk hitting fender/tire into something.
    You can also take forks apart and shorten the springs + add a spacer of same amount.

rear, get shorter shocks.

Again - why?

-

Annnnd..... WHY?

Its a pretty low bike - if you have issues putting your feet on the ground I would start t with the seat.

Changing ride height will make your bike handle like poop. Especially lowering rear alone will make the attitude such that the rake is lower and handling slouchier.

how?

front, just a little bit can be done by sliding the forks in the clamps (1-2"). Doing more that way will risk hitting fender/tire into something.
    You can also take forks apart and shorten the springs + add a spacer of same amount.

rear, get shorter shocks.

Again - why?

-

I do not understand why people go on forums hating, it is just a waste of time for both of us. thanks a lot to those who actually helped!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links