'75 Z1b project - Page 2
Close

'75 Z1b project

This is a discussion on '75 Z1b project within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Got some work done today... Pulled off the front quarter fairing, rear fender, blinkers, and luggage rack. Then I mounted an old lucas tail light ...

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: '75 Z1b project

Got some work done today...
    Pulled off the front quarter fairing, rear fender, blinkers, and luggage rack.
    Then I mounted an old lucas tail light under the cowl, put on some aluminum bullet blinkers, threw on a stock seat I had, and started on installing the rearsets. One annoying problem is that I can't get the bike to shift out of neutral or first... I'll have to pull the clutch apart and see whats going on.

Also, I'm trying to figure out how to use the stock rear brake return spring with the rearsets (is it wrong to assume that it's not meant to be re-used?) I may end up going out and trying to find a spring that will work :/
    Additionally the rearsets didn't come with any sort of threaded clevis for the brake rod, but I just grabbed one of an extra set of tommasellis I had.

Sorry for the cell phone pics, my camera didn't make it out of Astan alive.

Also, along the lines of Geetos suggestion on the gunfighter seat, I've fallen in love with the Z1 Giuliari seat... the quest begins.

Tomorrow I'll work on tackling the rearset brake spring problem, wire up the tail lighs and blinkers, call the previous owner and get him to help me with the shifter, and possibly throw on the clipons, headlight ears, front blinkers, and fix the master cylinder.
    Quote Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

welcome back dude![8D]
    "Its amazing what can be done when you don't know you can't do it" Bill Anderson

welcome back dude![8D]
    "Its amazing what can be done when you don't know you can't do it" Bill Anderson

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

There are three balls on the sprocket shaft of the trans that stop second gear from engaging. Once the bike is rolling the centrifugal force moves the balls into the gear and the gear can move into position. It was designed this way to make finding neutral easier.

If you have it on the centerstand and can spin the wheel you might get it moving fast enough to work. I have spun the shaft by hand on the bench fast enough to get it to shift.
    http://www.scramblercycle.com

There are three balls on the sprocket shaft of the trans that stop second gear from engaging. Once the bike is rolling the centrifugal force moves the balls into the gear and the gear can move into position. It was designed this way to make finding neutral easier.

If you have it on the centerstand and can spin the wheel you might get it moving fast enough to work. I have spun the shaft by hand on the bench fast enough to get it to shift.
    http://www.scramblercycle.com

quote:Originally posted by hahnda

wow.

much appreciated.
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

quote:Originally posted by hahnda

wow.

much appreciated.

Hey guys,
    Got almost everything installed...
    Clipons, bar end mirror, rearsets (just have to find a suitable rear brake lever return spring) etc.
    I also got some longer bolts and spacers to lower the gauge cluster down about two inches, and installed some new exhaust gaskets.

Took Geetos advice and got myself a corbin seat on ebay for a song (it's great when people don't list the model the seat is for in the title... really cuts down on the number of bidders) but I have to figure out how I'm going to lock it down seeing as the catch pin doesn't line up.

Regardless, all I have left to do is put some fresh tires on it (and possibly a new chain and sprocket even tho the ones that are on there currently have never really been used), wire up the blinkers and taillight, and finish rebuilding the front brakes.

once again, crappy cell phone pics.

Hey guys,
    Got almost everything installed...
    Clipons, bar end mirror, rearsets (just have to find a suitable rear brake lever return spring) etc.
    I also got some longer bolts and spacers to lower the gauge cluster down about two inches, and installed some new exhaust gaskets.

Took Geetos advice and got myself a corbin seat on ebay for a song (it's great when people don't list the model the seat is for in the title... really cuts down on the number of bidders) but I have to figure out how I'm going to lock it down seeing as the catch pin doesn't line up.

Regardless, all I have left to do is put some fresh tires on it (and possibly a new chain and sprocket even tho the ones that are on there currently have never really been used), wire up the blinkers and taillight, and finish rebuilding the front brakes.

once again, crappy cell phone pics.

Altamonte Springs, Fl. USA, Bridgend, South Wales, U.K.
    Put a fork brace on it before you get hurt
    I dabble in rocket science, when I\'m not picking my nose
    The other night I gave my girlfriend an orgasm, but, she spat it back at me

'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links