'75 Z1b project - Page 36
Close

'75 Z1b project

This is a discussion on '75 Z1b project within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Guess I shouldn't bitch about the grass that needs cutting or mention the flowers on the magnolia....

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: '75 Z1b project

Guess I shouldn't bitch about the grass that needs cutting or mention the flowers on the magnolia.
    woodsman likes this.
    "Non urinat in ventum"

Quote Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
    -20C -4F here this am, They say it's spring. And we turned the clocks forward so it's dark again when I get up. -20 and dark in the morning, I know They is generally a brilliant person but here all indications are it's still winter.
    Ugh. It's around 26-36F during my normal commute, but I've been going to the gym during lunch lately so the morning riding temps are more like the low 40s
    Quote Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by CaTacL1sm View Post
    Ugh. It's around 26-36F during my normal commute, but I've been going to the gym during lunch lately so the morning riding temps are more like the low 40s
    T shirt weather already?

I shouldn't really complain we seem pretty safe from the things Mother Nature uses to smash lives apart.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Bikes been great so far, going to hit the dyno again in a few weeks to continue to fine tune it.
    I think I can add some more timing and tweak the jets a bit more.

I do have one fork seal that weeps a bit... I hate fork seals.

I've also noticed the increasingly occasional failure to turn over when the starter button is pushed. I'll push it, hear a faint click from the (brand new Ricks electric) solenoid and then nothing. It will crank eventually, but sometimes I need to hit the button several times or hold it for a few seconds.

Really the only thing I can think of is a dying starter. I've already ordered a new one which should get here next week. This project is a regular houdinis wand
    Quote Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

If fork seals become a regular problem then the fork legs are possibly worn oval or the bushings if it has them are bad, hydraulic seals can not tolerate any misalignment,
    the loads need to be carried totally by the slide guide bushings and the fork leg bore they ride in, the best the fork seal can do is to hold back the oil and air pressure, plus maybe keep out some dirt and water.

Want to see a fork leak almost instantly, smear a little Pine pitch on the stanchion tube and ride it for a bit, that will do it.

unfortunately there is no replaceble bushes in them forks
    but it is not a hard turning project to counterbore just below the seal gland and fit an upper DU bushing
    a stopgaup[ or possible permenant fix is to clip 4 or 5 coils of the female end of the seal lip energisong spring
    they simply screw together
    and you simply unscrew to clip of some coils
    when putting it back together you want to pre-unwind the spring ends so that the joined round unit is not taco-ed

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Sponsored Links