'75 Z1b project - Page 37
Close

'75 Z1b project

This is a discussion on '75 Z1b project within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by seanbarney41 well yeah...never actually heard of a problem with the starter motor on a Kawasaki, but the starter clutch always seem to ...

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: '75 Z1b project

Quote Originally Posted by seanbarney41 View Post
    well yeah...never actually heard of a problem with the starter motor on a Kawasaki, but the starter clutch always seem to be problematic. Hopefully not the case with yours.
    I'll have to look at the symptoms of a bad starter clutch. My rationale with it being the starter motor is that its exhibited the same symptoms as my various cars that have had failing starters.
    Quote Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

Got around to installing the new starter.

I used some (fill with solder style) cable ends and crimped them on with a swaging tool. An ichiban solution to be sure, but it works well.

The new starter was a much tighter fit than the old one... specifically the fitment at the collar just in front of the o-ring. Yes I lubed it. I wound up using a long wooden dowel and a rubber mallet to tap it into place. I tapped it back out just to make sure I wasn't getting it permanently stuck. After bolting up, I tested the system and it works perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Sponsored Links