New to Forum, New to Project
Close

This is a discussion on New to Forum, New to Project within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and really looking forward to contributing. I recently sold my Victory Vision and my FJR1300 and decided ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and really looking forward to contributing. I recently sold my Victory Vision and my FJR1300 and decided I couldnt be completely without a bike. I went out and found the first bike I ever owned...a 1983 Suzuki GS450E. Unfortunately, the one I found was not running, had been stored outdoors and was only $200. I have so far taken the entire bike apart and found that header bolts were broken in the holes and will need to be drilled and rethreaded. So the project has now REALLY started....
    A friend has offered up his spare race bike motor from a 1995 GS500E. I have done all the research and found the motor will bolt right in and just require some creative sprocket work to make it happen.

Here is a pic of the bike as purchased...dont let it fool you. The paint is a mess and the bike was FILTHY, weathered, yuck.

Here is a pic as of tonight just before I pulled the motor out entirely.

How Do! Why did you get rid of the other two bikes? And what are your plans, other than the racing engine, for the bike? Racing? Round the town? Put you new bike in context with your plans for it please.

Cool! ---RIP

How Do! Why did you get rid of the other two bikes? And what are your plans, other than the racing engine, for the bike? Racing? Round the town? Put you new bike in context with your plans for it please.

Cool! ---RIP

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Hi Pluto.. I had to sell the other two to free up credit as my wife and I are just starting a 2nd floor addition on our house here in MA, or as she calls it, our $130k nursery....her clock is ticking pretty loudly these days!

My intention is to make a good back road burner, weekend toy and occasional commuting weapon when I am in the mood to take the long way to and from the office. I may take it to some open track days if I get the suspension and all sorted to a point that I am comfortable with. More than anything I just love the UJM, Brit and the custom cafe style bikes so much more than whats currently available.

Hi Pluto.. I had to sell the other two to free up credit as my wife and I are just starting a 2nd floor addition on our house here in MA, or as she calls it, our $130k nursery....her clock is ticking pretty loudly these days!

My intention is to make a good back road burner, weekend toy and occasional commuting weapon when I am in the mood to take the long way to and from the office. I may take it to some open track days if I get the suspension and all sorted to a point that I am comfortable with. More than anything I just love the UJM, Brit and the custom cafe style bikes so much more than whats currently available.

So you're putting a GS500 motor in a GS450 frame?

Show me the pics where you try and fit the exhaust headers.

quote:Originally posted by hillsy

Good Catch....I am already aware there will be a problem so I am having the headers custom modified from an aftermarket set for a GS500 to get around the down tubes of the frame.

quote:Originally posted by hillsy

Good Catch....I am already aware there will be a problem so I am having the headers custom modified from an aftermarket set for a GS500 to get around the down tubes of the frame.

Or you could put the 450 head on the 500 motor. Straight swap, I am told.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links