1982 CB900 C "Cafe cruiser"
Close

This is a discussion on 1982 CB900 C "Cafe cruiser" within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Hello! its nice to join here! I really fell in love with these bike when I bought my first one about a year ago. This ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 1982 CB900 C "Cafe cruiser"

Hello! its nice to join here! I really fell in love with these bike when I bought my first one about a year ago. This is my second one. It is a 1982 and I spent the past 6 months restoring it. The bike was completely tore down and rebuilt, and I mean everything!. I did all the work on it, except sew the seat cover together. It is House of Kolor Kandy Tangerine, and pretty much everything else is Mirror Black Powdercoating from Eastwood. I wanted it to look stockish but modern! Ive stared at tons of the bike on here and it really helped my creativity! Its nice to share my passion with the members here.

Whatever bike I get my hands on....

It's a nice bike. Why do you feel the need to saddle it with such a gay label as "cafe crusier" I don't get. Why not just call it a nice bike?
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Nice work. I would put a small (maybe 4 or 5") ductail / fender out the back to make it look finished. The end of the seat looks a bit tatty, but also I don't get the bobber thing.....and that would stop crap being thown up in the air and all over your back, too.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Nice work being very thorough, looks great. Agreed a rear fender is needed for it to be a rider. Tell us about the powdercoating, this is the Eastwood hotcoat DIY stuff, right? How do you cure it? Is it tough?

Geeto67...Call it what you will.. I thought it sounded cool. Styling is kinda cafeish and its a larger bike like a cruser. Either way thanks for the compliment!
    As far as the fender... The back of the seat provides plenty of splash protection when riding single. I dont really ride in bad wether though. I am considering a rear fender on my next build.

The powder coating is really durable and it cures in an over at bout 400 degrees. It's been on this bike and after two months of 100 plus degree weather it still looks great.
    Whatever bike I get my hands on....

Grafing next to Munich, Bavaria, Germany.
    Very nice work! Dig the colors!
    Rear fender, longer shocks and a bit
    more seat upholstery would make it perfect.
    Imho.

Best regards
    Sven

Cool bike![8D]
    "Its amazing what can be done when you don't know you can't do it" Bill Anderson

Your bike appears to be nicely assembled, but...

Nope, sorry, I'm calling foul. You put tire dressing on the sidewalls, which means it got into the edge of the tread as well. That is a guaranteed panty-soiler/crash accelerator that you cannot take back - unless you wash it off. I recommend dish soap and water.

On second thought, leave the tire dressing on. With the dearth of ground clearance you have, it's not going to be ridden through turns very aggressively.

It looks like you powdercoated just about anything and everything that could be called metal on that bike. Nice touch, however...depending on who you talk to and the research you do, that could be the kiss of death to an engine that is run hard, since the powdercoat tends to trap heat, but then again, this bike looks to be a casual rider, not a machine that will be ridden hard.

WARNING: This post may be negative and critical.
    I believe we have run out of trolls.

I like the blacked out look - looks great with the tin color. I really don't think the paint on the engine will hold that much heat especially when your running an oil cooler. As far as the rear end goes - I get the look your going for but it still looks unfinished. I would have added a little more padding to the seat and finished off the back with "something". Still not a bad job for a bike that no one really wants in stock form.
    Bob - Palmyra NY
    2 - 69 CB750, 1 Turbo
    1 - 71 CB750

The jury is still out on the PC trapping too much heat trial. I know people who've done it with no problems and I know people who swear it will kill an air cooled engine in no time....although pretty much all the latter guys have never actually done it. I guess it will depend on the thickness of the coating more than anything.

I still like the bike and the look - just that the bobbed rear / seat end looks unfinished and a bit.......ratty.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links