New Member, New Project
Close

New Member, New Project

This is a discussion on New Member, New Project within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Well, I picked up a '79 Yamaha XS750 the other day and am pretty excited to get it running. The previous owner said it runs ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Member, New Project

Well, I picked up a '79 Yamaha XS750 the other day and am pretty excited to get it running. The previous owner said it runs with gas but was leaking somehow. I inspected the lines and on the left valve, the lines just weren't connected.

I also found this inside of the tank since something was rattling as I managed to fetch it out.

Anyway, here are some pics of the bike. I've started taking some things off to inspect it a bit better.

good, you got it running. put some new tires on it, make sure the brakes work correctly, and assuming everything else is in working order, ride it. put a couple thousand miles on it before you start to monkey with it.
    ask me about my ADD or pie or my cat. a dog. i have a bike. Do you like TV? i saw a rock. hi.

good, you got it running. put some new tires on it, make sure the brakes work correctly, and assuming everything else is in working order, ride it. put a couple thousand miles on it before you start to monkey with it.
    ask me about my ADD or pie or my cat. a dog. i have a bike. Do you like TV? i saw a rock. hi.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

quote:Originally posted by TheGreg

Thanks! I haven't got it running myself, but yeah. The front brakes DO NOT WORK. So I just want to get it running at the moment. I'm currently on the hunt for some '03-05 R6 hydraulics for the front and rear brakes. The lines are good, but would just like to get some newer stuff for it on the cheap. I have an '06 GSXR 750 to ride in the meantime, but I have REALLY been wanting to do a cafe bike and for what I paid for this one, with a title, I couldn't pass it up.

Thanks! I haven't got it running myself, but yeah. The front brakes DO NOT WORK. So I just want to get it running at the moment. I'm currently on the hunt for some '03-05 R6 hydraulics for the front and rear brakes. The lines are good, but would just like to get some newer stuff for it on the cheap. I have an '06 GSXR 750 to ride in the meantime, but I have REALLY been wanting to do a cafe bike and for what I paid for this one, with a title, I couldn't pass it up.

why? are rebuild kits for your master cylinders NLA? are pads and calipers/disks NLA? no matter how much upgrading you do to this bike, it will not accelerate, steer, or stop anywhere near what you are used to with your GSXR.

why? are rebuild kits for your master cylinders NLA? are pads and calipers/disks NLA? no matter how much upgrading you do to this bike, it will not accelerate, steer, or stop anywhere near what you are used to with your GSXR.

Oh no, I understand that. The reservoirs need to be replaced as well. The front especially. Where is a great place online to purchase parts for these bikes? I guess Google is my friend. I picked up some HEET at the local O'Reilly's to clean out the tank with really good. Going to pick up some fuel filters tomorrow, get some gas in it and see if it cranks up.

Oh no, I understand that. The reservoirs need to be replaced as well. The front especially. Where is a great place online to purchase parts for these bikes? I guess Google is my friend. I picked up some HEET at the local O'Reilly's to clean out the tank with really good. Going to pick up some fuel filters tomorrow, get some gas in it and see if it cranks up.

there are a metric fuck ton of online motorcycle parts retailers, almost any of them will more than likely have 90% of what you need. anything else, check ebay, or any local salvage yards you may be close to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links