1974 Honda CB360 Cafe Racer Project
Close

This is a discussion on 1974 Honda CB360 Cafe Racer Project within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Hey first time posting on here. My name is Mike and I'm 21. I'm located in VA(NOVA) and would like any suggestions/help from you guys. ...

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Hey first time posting on here. My name is Mike and I'm 21. I'm located in VA(NOVA) and would like any suggestions/help from you guys. Just getting into building/rebuilding motorcycles, so I have little knowledge about it right now, but been looking up/researching alot. Hoping to build this by spring of next year, so I can take her out on the road. Bought a 74' Honda 360 for what I thought was a reasonably good price. The good: Run decently well(start first time), all lights work, tank has been resealed/cleaned, clean carbs, new battery(but electric start won't work), brake and tires are in good condition. The bad: In rough shape(rust on forks, exhaust, handlebars, spokes,and anywhere I can imagine), leakage in exhaust(causing to backfire and smoke a little, but nothing that effects how the engine runs),horn doesn't work, need mirrors, electric start won't work, gas tank has some rust and dents. I'll be taking apart all the things one day at a time. Here is the progress so far. Will update as much as I can and hello to all.

1974 Honda CB360

Interesting cactus seat.

Riding experience, and skill sets? Know when tight is too tight? Etc.

Any other bikes? Nothing worse than a bike in a million pieces and you want to go for a ride.

That's like, your opinion, man.

yeah, still got some thorns on my ass. and as for riding experience, I started to ride about 7 months ago. my first bike was a suzuki gz250 and I'm still learning.
    1974 Honda CB360

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Wrenching experience?

My advice, seriously, service it to the 9's. Get everything working as well as possible. Make sure nothing has seized or will cause a mechanical failure.

Buy some avon road runners or the ditch finder bridgestone BT45's then ride it until you have learned how to ride it well. Your suspension is only holding the bike up now and will be next to usless by the way.

THEN rip it apart. You will find the guys here are extremely knowledgeable. Looks over function? Doesn't fly here.

PJ here, amongst others, knows everything about this model specifically.

Get a manual. Read it 10 times. Fix her up. Take her out. Have a ball.
    That's like, your opinion, man.

Welcome!

Workshop manual:

http://www.dotheton.com/downloads/CB360T.pdf
    [/quote]
    "Its amazing what can be done when you don't know you can't do it" Bill Anderson

What are those Blue/white things hanging on the fence that look like octopus tentacles??

dch
    quote:Originally posted by JackC

What are those Blue/white things hanging on the fence that look like octopus tentacles??
    com'n Jack...massage hula-hoops....
    I love the smell of castor oil in the morning, but I have a Honda....and now a \'taco(s)...x2

Thanks for all the suggestions/help guys. I will make sure to read that manual and get to know the bike better. Not very familiar with wrenching and what not... Thinking about taking it to a local bike mechanic for them to take a look at it if theres any problems pretty soon, just gotta find a good mechanic. I took it for a ride around my neighbor and it ran pretty decent, but we'll see what the mechanic says. Gonna have to sandblast all that rust and clean out all the parts which will cost me a pretty penny. And although I want my bike to look nice, I think performance is more important for a cafe racer. I'd like some suggestions from you guys on how to boost her up and getting the most juice out of her
    1974 Honda CB360

So I think I found what is causing the exhaust to leak. Gonna replace the gasket o-ring and see if that stops the leak. I'd say couple small drops (5-10) after a run around the neighbor (10-15 min). Any help/suggestion is much appreciated. Thanks
    1974 Honda CB360

The exhuast smokes sometimes and this is causing to backfire a little. Any suggestion with this? Should I take a look at the cylinder/pistons? Thanks again
    1974 Honda CB360

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links