77 XS750 Front end swap question...
Close

This is a discussion on 77 XS750 Front end swap question... within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; So I've read a plethora of resources and online pages/blogs about performing a swap of the front end on my 77, but I can't seem ...

So I've read a plethora of resources and online pages/blogs about performing a swap of the front end on my 77, but I can't seem to figure out one thing. There seems to be a variety of front ends that can be used for a conversion to a beefier/newer setup like from the Ninja's, but I'm curious if all of these require additional work due to steering stem length... Are there any compatible front ends that have the right bearings and stem length to basically be a "plug and play" setup? I'd like to do the conversion, but I'm looking for the easiest route possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Again, sorry for asking a question like this when there appears to be so many resources, but most of the online resources I checked or was directed to have loads of "lists" that cover this, but don't seem to go in any detail as to whether they are actual direct fit or need additional mods. It really just seems like its the stem length that is in question.

There's no definitive answer to your question because there are too many variables. Bearing size is one thing, stem length is another, then you have fork length (ride height), spring rates and steering stops to consider.

You can swap your XS stem into (pretty much) any donor triple clamp you intend to use. This may be easy or difficult depending on whether the stems are pressed or welded in.

It's pretty much going to be SOME custom work regardless of what front end you use.

Sponsored Links