Ducati multistrada street scrambler project
Close

This is a discussion on Ducati multistrada street scrambler project within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Hi All, quick intro, I have a beautiful 900SS cafe racer that is great fun but knackering after a couple of hours and way too ...

Hi All,
    quick intro, I have a beautiful 900SS cafe racer that is great fun but knackering after a couple of hours and way too pretty for everyday, so now I have decided to embark on my own Ducati Multistrada 1000DS street scrambler project. Was umming and ahhhing about this idea before the 900SS was built, but now the time has come. Just got a scruffy 2 owner 2500 mile Multistrada, its as original as they get, and man is it ugly.

The really appealing thing about this bike to me was the fact it has a great engine, mature non tracked ownership, single sided swing arm, a Ducati (and never seen a good customised multistrada as yet).. Everything I have seen looks too streetfighter for my taste.

The loose plan is to get rid of the fairings, find a suitable donor tank (would love a pantah tank for it) wire wheel on the front, cut the back end of the frame off and go for an old school bench seat mounted on a loop, old school headlight. the 900SS is too pretty, so I really want to make this scrambler a simple rat that I can not stress over if the rain starts or its parked on the street in London while I go for lunch. I am determined to make sure the bike remains this way as my last project I got far too carried away.... So as this evolves please remind me of this last statement.

I know this is a cafe racer forum, but the "street scrambler" concept is starting to gain appeal for its practicality and to me it all falls under the same category, so excuse me if you feel I am in the wrong place and point me in the right direction, maybe I should be on a flat tracker forum?

Anyway, just wanted to test the water and get any thoughts on what the wealth of knowledge on here has for me!

Thanks in advance,

Bez
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Prefer to have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotamy!

851 trained me
    888 broke me
    900SS cafe racer makes me realise how old I am
    71 Husqvarna 450 CR probably will kill me
    and my new project Multistrada 1000DS city scrambler project

They're a supremely ugly bike IMO, so anything you do to it's appearance should be an improvement.

Don't prove me wrong.

Sponsored Links