1977 Ducati 500 GTL Cafe Racer - Page 6
Close

1977 Ducati 500 GTL Cafe Racer

This is a discussion on 1977 Ducati 500 GTL Cafe Racer within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by Tanshanomi Curious what paint you used on your frame. I love that satin gold. The frame was painted with Matrix Fine Metallics ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 1977 Ducati 500 GTL Cafe Racer

Frame paint color Matrix Fine Metallics MPX-F Color was Precious Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Tanshanomi View Post
    Curious what paint you used on your frame. I love that satin gold.
    The frame was painted with Matrix Fine Metallics MPX-F Color was Precious Gold
    Thanks for asking.
    Ricky

Well guys it happened my wife and I are expecting our second child so need to make some room I'm going to sell the Ducati anyone interested can contact me directly I can give you any info you need. asking $5000 lots of work went into this bike an it rides and runs great. Thanks Ricky 704-253-3630

Good luck with the sale.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    Good luck with the sale.
    Thanks I appreciate it. All Bikes are sold
    Last edited by lucky13cycle; 10-14-2014 at 07:01 PM.

Build thread

Well there went that build thread... :-/

I have a 1980 350 that I am slowly tearing into, mainly doing a resto but with CR mods and stance. Keeping the engine mainly original, but for the lube tricks to avoid it grenading myself. Would have been good to see your build thread, but I fully understand why you didn't post more here when you only meet resentment and negativism. Dang...

Looking for mufflers, as my originals have been welded badly due to corrosion. Otherwise, electronic ignition will be added, plus the electric rebuild. Wire spoke rims look shit, have to figure out how to restore them, spokes are easy to come by.

Between my 5 Ducatis, I haven't had much grief and hope the 350 won't change that. The most complicated so far is the 748rs engine rebuild, but I know better than to try to post a rebuild thread here... :-(
    Bjørnar Huse
    Heimdal 25
    6020 Ålesund
    Tel 41 555 411
    Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Bjornar,

Couple of things:
    1) build thread. For some reason people will do a build thread on another forum and then once the bike is complete they will then try to recreate the exact same thread here instead of just posting the finished product and a link to the original thread. I don't know why people do this but it happens more often than you think and it really pisses off the regulars here. So a lot of the unkind comments you are reading may be a reaction to that. that def happened in this case where the guy not only had the bike finished but it was publicized on a few blogs as finished before he tried to make it seem like he was starting over here (which he wasn't).

2) Rebuild threads in general on this site are not traps for unending streams of compliments. The majority of the regulars here are people who work in the motorcycle industry, people who race, performance enthusiasts, and not your typical "I just learned about motorcycles last week and now I am building one" types or the "I built a cafe racer as my first bike so now I am opening a shop" people. As such any body posting a thread here should have the expectation that their choices will be questioned for reasoning and advice (whether warranted or not) will be dispensed. If you know how to use this as a tool and a sounding board you will get excellent feedback - if you look at it as hostile and treat it as such then you will have a bad time. BTW, this is not news, it is posted quite a few places around this site including in some of the new people stickies. The internet is full with "build threads" full of people whose entire knowledge of motorcycles and projects is what they have seen on TV - if you want the positivism and poor quality there are plenty of other sites you can visit, but the regular members here tend to quash that garbage pretty quick.

3) introductions go really really far here. If you do a proper introduction explaining who you are and your history of motorcycles you will get treated differently. As you have 2 posts and no intorduction yet, I suggest your next post be the introduction post. Be detailed and through, and include pics if possible.
    CaTacL1sm likes this.
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

SMS
    Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    Bjornar,

Couple of things:
    1) build thread. For some reason people will do a build thread on another forum and then once the bike is complete they will then try to recreate the exact same thread here instead of just posting the finished product and a link to the original thread. I don't know why people do this but it happens more often than you think and it really pisses off the regulars here. So a lot of the unkind comments you are reading may be a reaction to that. that def happened in this case where BLAH BLAH BLAH I'M THE KING OF THE FOURM I HAVE 23000 LONG WINDED POST ON THIS FORUM AND I SOULD BE THE MODERATOR
    I oun a motorcycle repair shop and have been in the industry and raced for sometime and I can tell you your toxic aditude hurts the industry and motorcycling in general. I have had to fire a few guys with an aditude almost as bad as yours so they could go be the king of the unemployment line. Let the guy take up some space here he was hurting nothing.

I got to waste my time going through 6 pages of your neediness. Instead of finding any useful info.

Just be nice to other motorcyclist even if they are hipsters or a dude with a VT750 and chaps or ADV BMW Gs blah blah blah.

If you have 23000 post you must enjoy talking at people about bikes on the internet more than you enjoy riding them.

First post last post good bye.

Quote Originally Posted by SMS View Post
    I oun a motorcycle repair shop and have been in the industry and raced for sometime and I can tell you your toxic aditude hurts the industry and motorcycling in general.
    Does it? can you prove that statement as it pertains to the internet?

I have had to fire a few guys with an attitude almost as bad as yours so they could go be the king of the unemployment line.
    you understand the internet is not real life right? they are two separate things. Also I fixed your spelling for you.

I got to waste my time going through 6 pages of your neediness. Instead of finding any useful info.
    what useful info were you looking for? how to paint something with a 59 logo?

Just be nice to other motorcyclist even if they are hipsters or a dude with a VT750 and chaps or ADV BMW Gs blah blah blah.
    Thanks, dad.

If you have 23000 post you must enjoy talking at people about bikes on the internet more than you enjoy riding them.
    says the guy who is also surfing on the internet, took the time to read a 3 year old multipage thread, then spent more time registering at a forum, waited for the response emails, Logged in, and then made one comment adding no useful advice and snide comments that go against his own advice about being nicer to motorcyclists. I mean I don't mean to call you a hypocrite, but oops I just did.

First post last post good bye.
    you will not be missed.
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

Geeto,
    You were wrong when you stated he didn't post anything useful. He clearly pointed out that you are a dick. That could be useful to someone that comes on here looking for hugs and thumbs up and then get a fresh dose of reality from you. If they had read his post they would know you are a dick and their fragile self-esteem could still be intact. If they didn't get that bit of advice, they could end up crushed.

If that happened, there would be nothing left for the rest of us unidentified dicks. We are like super secret undercover dicks and you are the sacrificial lamb.
    WERA 119
    CCS 119
    CRA 119
    AHRMA not anymore
    \"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once.\"
    Evan Esar
    Newbies, Geeto and Tex (Bye Tex)hate me!!

As Derby is fond of saying:

Don't confuse Hairy and Sweaty for Warm and Fuzzy.
    Mark Burton likes this.
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Sponsored Links