1980 kz750 ltd-h1 project - Page 2
Close

1980 kz750 ltd-h1 project

This is a discussion on 1980 kz750 ltd-h1 project within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; that was magic !!!!! Dude likes nickelback - he had it coming....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    that was magic !!!!! Dude likes nickelback - he had it coming.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

"Justin's Floodlight" and "Overdue Account" are also classics.
    Bike:
    Buell X1
    Honda S90 (box of parts)
    Honda CB750C (runs)
    The Others (mostly rolling wounded)

My collar may be a little frayed, and maybe I need a shoeshine. But nobody\'s got a mortgage on my soul. I own it. Free and clear. -Phil Lovecraft

I like this David Thornes imagination. Simon must be areal douche bag to have been picked on so much. I love it. If Simon were to have to fly somewhere I would slip some 9mm shells in his coat pocket with a pic of the President.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Massanutten. Water slides, mini-golf and bears.

The pictures he emails are hillarious.
    Bike:
    Buell X1
    Honda S90 (box of parts)
    Honda CB750C (runs)
    The Others (mostly rolling wounded)

My collar may be a little frayed, and maybe I need a shoeshine. But nobody\'s got a mortgage on my soul. I own it. Free and clear. -Phil Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by David Thorne
    Motorbikes
    I recently bought a dirt bike. A YZ250F for those interested in such things. To justify buying the motorbike, I told Holly that it was for her. "If you learn to ride," I said, "I will buy a second bigger one for myself and we can go riding together on trails." On Sunday afternoon, we drove to a secluded area in the forest and unloaded the bike.
    "What's this button do? asked Holly as she hopped on, "Is that to start it?"
    "That's a bolt. You have to kick start it," I replied, showing her how to put it in neutral and start the engine.
    "Where's the accelerator?" asked Holly.
    "You twist the right-hand grip," I answered, "And it's not called an accelerator on a motorbike, it's called a throttle."
    "Well that's just stupid, I'm going to call it an accelerator," responded Holly.
    "If you are not going to take this seriously you probably shouldn't..."
    "I am taking it seriously," Holly cut in, "You're not the boss of names. Just show me how to make it go. If you can ride a motorbike it can't be rocket science."
    "Ok, fine," I said, "Squeeze the clutch and put it in gear. No, you press down for first..."
    "So the clutch is called a clutch and the accelerator is called something stupid?" Holly interrupted, "Why didn't they just call the clutch a squeezer?"
    "What?" I replied, "It doesn't matter what it's called, you have to squeeze the clutch and release it slowly as you increase the thro... the accelerator. It's exactly the same process as driving a manual car."
    "I'm going to call it a squeezer from now on," stated Holly, "So I just twist the whatsit and let go of the squeezer?"
    "Well, yes," I answered, "But you have to release the squeezer slowly and twist the accelerator at the same time otherwise the bike will stall. And if you give it too much accelerator and let go of the squeezer too quickly, it will take off and you will probably crash."
    "Ok," said Holly as she twisted the throttle to maximum and let go of the clutch to give me a 'thumbs up'.
    The bike tore forward and Holly, now horizontal and screaming, travelled about twenty metres with the throttle in a death grip before developing speed wobble and being thrown off. The bike flipped a few times before coming to a halt.
    Running towards her, I saw Holly climb unsteadily to her feet, hold out her arms as if doing an impression of a plane caught in turbulence, then fall over again. Kneeling at her side and asking if she was ok, Holly turned to me, focused, and said, "You are a terrible fucking teacher."
    This is almost word-for-word and event-for-event EXACTLY how my experience with my ex went when I tried to teach her to ride. She even argued about the names of things. And dumped the clutch to give me the finger.

-Deek

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveThumpers View Post
    This is almost word-for-word and event-for-event EXACTLY how my experience with my ex went when I tried to teach her to ride. She even argued about the names of things. And dumped the clutch to give me the finger.

-Deek
    Same here.

I ended up just buying her a scooter..

ITs kinda like watching any episode of the Office.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links