First Bike First Build 73 CB750 - Page 3
Close

First Bike First Build 73 CB750

This is a discussion on First Bike First Build 73 CB750 within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Don't listen to these guys...there just haters. This is your bike, its an extension of you. You need to make it your own. It's basically ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Don't listen to these guys...there just haters. This is your bike, its an extension of you. You need to make it your own. It's basically a rolling piece of artwork, you have a blank canvas now do something with it. If you want clip ons then do it, as long as it looks good. I'd recommend pods filters and Firestone deluxe tires for a real vintage cafe racer feel.

Keep up the awesome work. ignore the haters.

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    I drive a Mk V, have lots of broken motorcycles, and actually am a wop. Smile when you you say that.

ignore jaguar he has a mk v too and lots of broken motorcycles but I think he is one of this inbred uk types. Plus he's just fucking with you.
    LOL. Inbred UK is a type?

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    I drive a Mk V, have lots of broken motorcycles, and actually am a wop. Smile when you you say that.

ignore jaguar he has a mk v too and lots of broken motorcycles but I think he is one of this inbred uk types. Plus he's just fucking with you.
    haha I know everyone is just giving me a hard time, I get it. God forbid someone just gives an opinion without being negative.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Joep7 View Post
    Don't listen to these guys...there just haters. This is your bike, its an extension of you. You need to make it your own. It's basically a rolling piece of artwork, you have a blank canvas now do something with it. If you want clip ons then do it, as long as it looks good. I'd recommend pods filters and Firestone deluxe tires for a real vintage cafe racer feel.

Thanks for the support...

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_olson View Post
    haha I know everyone is just giving me a hard time, I get it. God forbid someone just gives an opinion without being negative.
    We are just as quick to give positive opinions when they are justified. It's just that that is seldom the case with noobs. Most of the quality cafe builds IMHO are done by old school riders. Too often the case lately are the younger generation wanting to buy old school bikes and follow a scene that only know about cafe racers from the internet and have no real experience with the old school cafe racers that we dealt with when they were real cafe racers bitd.

Can you identify sarcasm when you read it? Joe was not supporting you.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

Easy killer.
    i have a MkV R32.
    and more then one broken motorcycle.

but really, you have made a fair amount of the classic newbie mistakes.
    most are done from ignorance and just being to fucking excited to do things right.
    try and learn a bit and get better.
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

Quote Originally Posted by konigralph View Post
    LOL. Inbred UK is a type?
    While my fathers side is best described as "American" as they have been here for ever....in the south....
    before that his side is a general northwest European mutt with little to actually point at.
    i see them as squirrel hunting, peanut boiling hicks.

my mothers side is Italian and also English...but from Barbados
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

Quote Originally Posted by Joep7 View Post

There was exactly 0 (ZERO, Nada, Zippo) support in that statement. It was oozing with sarcasm.

I don't understand why newcomers come here all excited to show off their typical mistakes, say they want to learn, and then get all defensive when they are told where they are going in a bad direction. If you are looking to be complimented on a cool looking style, THIS IS NOT THAT site!! 15 people a week show up here with a bike they just delve into with a hack saw and end up with a bike that is functionally WORSE than what it started out as...or is never completed and ends up in the Craigslist mocking thread.

There is a reason there is a section here labeled "New Members Read Here", and a thread titled https://www.caferacer.net/forum/new-m...ead-first.html. That's because you should https://www.caferacer.net/forum/new-m...ead-first.html . Once you https://www.caferacer.net/forum/new-m...ead-first.html, take stock in how many faux pas you have included in your build, so far.

If you haven't got the hint, yet........ click this link >>>> https://www.caferacer.net/forum/new-m...ead-first.html <<<<<<<

You will definitely get a bunch of tips and help from very experienced builders here, but only if your goal is to build a bike that is functionally better than it started. If you are going for a look, or a style or an image, there are plenty of other sites that applaud that. Again, THIS IS NOT THAT SITE!!!
    I always find a soap box useful to get on my high horse.

Quote Originally Posted by roccitycafe View Post
    .... same thing with furniture, it doesn't have to be straight or not wobble, or keep thing from rolling off it, or not collapse when sat upon, it's personal taste man... if I want a dining room set that endangers the life of my dinner party guests, then it doesn't need second hand approval

My GS550 Build Thread

We don't have a bio requirement?
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

I think the admins should move the "harshly delivered" warning to the top of the read me and put it in bold. LOL Then again, maybe the gatekeepers like a constant supply of fresh targets.
    Last edited by caferocket686; 05-01-2014 at 01:53 PM.
    01 MZ Skorpion (No, it's not stock. It was originally designed in England, has a Japanese motor, is built with Italian components, but it's German)
    03 Kawasaki KX250 (Braaap!)
    73 Yamaha RD350/R5

Alright, obviously i'm off to a pretty tough start and if I took my time and read some more before I starting taking shit apart i'd be in a better place. I hope at some point this thread will turn around.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links