Honda CB750F 1984 -> Café Project (first build) - Page 3
Close

Honda CB750F 1984 -> Café Project (first build)

This is a discussion on Honda CB750F 1984 -> Café Project (first build) within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; It would rust faster than you would believe. If you are going for a polished finish, take a look at this: Its a chrome effect ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Honda CB750F 1984 -> Café Project (first build)

It would rust faster than you would believe. If you are going for a polished finish, take a look at this:

Name:  Chrome paint.jpg
Views: 3660
Size:  194.8 KB

Its a chrome effect paint, so you could have the plastic side panels and mud guards painted in the same material. Good luck with the moistening of Pussy and chocolate and strawberry effect though. I think your going to be very disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by PytonPat View Post
    "pussy`s"
    I don't eat pussy at your house when your not home.most here would be happy to help w/ performance mods to your bike. as far as helping you "showcase", dont think so. hope this helps
    Last edited by dirkchecken; 05-08-2014 at 08:10 AM.
    I like my shocks like I like my women. Cheap and Chinese.

You might find more consolation on bobberforum.com, The guys here are hard-core cafe racer.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Pretty sure you can get a pussy, chocolate and strawberry flavoured coffee at Costa Coffee Racers.
    Ignorance Is Bliss

...this bike will be a showcase bike for our gallery wit the necessary capabilities of riding from one show to another...

Anyhow...

Question #1:
    I'm going to want to strip the old paint off the tank. Sanding it down and polishing it, then riding with the metal-look. i want the natural patina to the tank and in that case, is there any need for a clear coating on top or can i leave it without.

please feel free to start off with the casual bashing of the "rat-bike" look - but I would be extra happy if anyone actually also throws in some serious tips and pointers on the subject.
    Soooo to show off and promote your "GALLERY" you want to make a dope bike Ultra shitty!? How is that art? Fuck me!

and by "natural patina" do you mean you want the tins to have a shitty rusty brown? If so just mosey on down to the VW forums where they give you steps on how to strip the paint, mix salt, vinegar and peroxide and toss that lovely mixture to your tins and in 1-3hrs time you get some gnarly flash rust for that ultimate hipster pussy magnet.

chocolates and strawberries

Have to say, i'm loving all this positivity! Great welcome to this place, internet-friends!

And regardless of your personal taste, I think I'll stick with mine. My reason for building this bike is not for top performance nor endurance. this bike will be a showcase bike for our gallery wit the necessary capabilities of riding from one show to another. so for this reason I'm interested in some tips on how to do make my bike look similar to the one i posted so that all the "pussy`s" will get wet and eat my dick as if it where coated with chocolate and strawberries.
    Well at least you are honest, and not one of these hipster delusional morons that thinks they can build something as utter shite as that bike and then think they can use it like a real motorcycle (which you can't because it is a useless piece of lens candy).

That being said I think you are part of the problem and are just seeking to exploit a market because of current perceptions of cool and want nothing to do with this. I wish you luck, because I really don't wish anybody ill will, but I want no part of this in anyway. In fact I which you would just find something else to be gallery candy like a jaguar e-type or you know something that actually has a timeless design that people think looks fantastic.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

I was trying to be helpful, but if we are really going to beat the poor sod up.
    I kinda like the chia pet look for covering flaws in what would be otherwise perfect original paint.

@Geeko99 I love the fact that you raise me up to evil marketing standards and give me powers I didn't realize I possessed. Being a 29 year old tattooist with a painting habit I really didn't know that I was part of a scene nor a marketing plot to fuck you old school cafe racing enthusiasts over. Conspiracy aside. I respect your position and knowledge of these bikes and how they are supposed to be treated, built and used. My intention of asking you guys were solely for advise, and Im open to any good ideas (even the classic grass-paint job @trialrider ) Regarding the jaguar e-type, I already pimped one out of this world a couple of years back when jaguars were really hip cause of a madonna song or something. I don't really remember. But it made my summer.

Name:  Jag-Car-Paint-Job.jpg
Views: 16322
Size:  431.6 KB

That bike looks pristine, and I personally wouldn't touch it... Especially for your first game of dress-up.

'82 GS750E, '99 ZRX-1100
    "Tossing a few cherries on the manure wagon doesn't make it the dessert cart."

Quote Originally Posted by TrialsRider View Post
    I was trying to be helpful, but if we are really going to beat the poor sod up.
    I kinda like the chia pet look for covering flaws in what would be otherwise perfect original paint.

I want this on my front lawn!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links