Honda CB750F 1984 -> Café Project (first build) - Page 4
Close

Honda CB750F 1984 -> Café Project (first build)

This is a discussion on Honda CB750F 1984 -> Café Project (first build) within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by PytonPat @Geeko99 I love the fact that you raise me up to evil marketing standards and give me powers I didn't realize ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Honda CB750F 1984 -> Café Project (first build)

Quote Originally Posted by PytonPat View Post
    @Geeko99 I love the fact that you raise me up to evil marketing standards and give me powers I didn't realize I possessed. Being a 29 year old tattooist with a painting habit I really didn't know that I was part of a scene nor a marketing plot to fuck you old school cafe racing enthusiasts over. Conspiracy aside. I respect your position and knowledge of these bikes and how they are supposed to be treated, built and used. My intention of asking you guys were solely for advise, and Im open to any good ideas (even the classic grass-paint job @trialrider ) Regarding the jaguar e-type, I already pimped one out of this world a couple of years back when jaguars were really hip cause of a madonna song or something. I don't really remember. But it made my summer.

Attachment 6979

The Cat's Meow: a Jaguar painted to look like... a Jaguar - Autoblog

I knew that Jaguar looked familiar .... If you are going to be a good troll, at least photoshop your own storyline pics instead of grabbing them off the web

Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post

The Cat's Meow: a Jaguar painted to look like... a Jaguar - Autoblog

I knew that Jaguar looked familiar .... If you are going to be a good troll, at least photoshop your own storyline pics instead of grabbing them off the web
    Ha...busted.

Sherlock. Way to go. Busting me on using the fifth google-image as a joke is seriously heavy duty CSI-shit. And Jackattackster. Jacksterrrr. Jackie. The Jack Man. You just follow the flow. So cool. No need for independent research. Just listen to The Mean Dean. Mr Sher Lockin Thangs Down.

Ahhh... you guys
    MK3Brent likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

@Geeko99 I love the fact that you raise me up to evil marketing standards and give me powers I didn't realize I possessed. Being a 29 year old tattooist with a painting habit I really didn't know that I was part of a scene nor a marketing plot to fuck you old school cafe racing enthusiasts over. Conspiracy aside. I respect your position and knowledge of these bikes and how they are supposed to be treated, built and used. My intention of asking you guys were solely for advise, and Im open to any good ideas (even the classic grass-paint job @trialrider ) Regarding the jaguar e-type, I already pimped one out of this world a couple of years back when jaguars were really hip cause of a madonna song or something. I don't really remember. But it made my summer.
    I am not imparting you any magical powers, your marketing is your marking. If you think a rolling tetanus shot will draw the kind of crowd you want to have ink done then so be it - it is your business and you run it how you want. Just keep in mind you are not "alone" in this space as motorcycles are being used to sell a lot of fashion right now. Case in point:

Bullshit Hipster Bike Videos | Ride Or Lie

nearly every video on there is used to sell some sort of fashion from t-shirts to faux safety gear. Almost all the bikes are that specific brand of terrible and useless you seem to be attracted to right now. Real motorcyclists hate this, because it doesn't promote motorcycles or performance riding in a positive light, in fact in encourgaes unsafe behavior. But I get it, it is a trend and you want part of the trend - you aren't attracting motorcyclists, you are attracting the sort of navel gazing dreamer that thinks a motorcycle in abstract is the missing piece to their fashion lifestyle and therefore they should come get inked by a like minded individual. I can't fault you for it - but this is what happened to the chopper hobby and look how that turned out once the implosion of the trend. Now all those big buck choppers are the vehicular equivalent of herpes attractive only to the lowest common denominator.

That being said, if you want advice my advice is if you are going to create basically a vehicular showpiece for your work then the canvas matters a lot less. Plus you probably want lots of bodywork space to show off your artwork so that stripped down piece of garbage isn't going to help you. Trick out the cb750F to look like a real race bike (or at least do tasteful mods like cbr wheel swap and a sport kit) and then really go nuts on the bodywork. CB750F panels are common and cheap enough you could buy a new set every two weeks and have a new paint job in your window, and at the end of the year you could have a gallery show where you show off all the painted parts you created over time. just my 2 cents.

I guess my point is people hate the inauthentic and you really can't get more inauthentic than that bike you picked out as an inspiration.
    PytonPat and nicebikemate like this.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Phew, thank god you didn't paint that Jaguar :I was about to rag on you it looks more like a Leopard then a Jaguar.

Sherlock. Way to go. Busting me on using the fifth google-image as a joke is seriously heavy duty CSI-shit. And Jackattackster. Jacksterrrr. Jackie. The Jack Man. You just follow the flow. So cool. No need for independent research. Just listen to The Mean Dean. Mr Sher Lockin Thangs Down.

Ahhh... you guys
    There is no need for independent research...you are the typical hipster noob that shows up on this forum about once a week, and as far as I can tell, you are completely full of shit. First you tell us how you bought this bike and don't want to do to much to it so you can "stay in the wind", then you show us an abortion of a motorcycle as your inspiration, upon being bashed for your "style" you got all defensive and backtracked..now it's just going to be an art display that you take from show to show...and you're totally a tattoo artist..that does shitty airbrush work on classic jaguars....NO WAIT, you got busted on that one..so you were totally kidding about the jag, and we're assholes for taking you seriously.

You still haven't shown us a picture of the bike that you are going to be working with, you just posted a picture of a very nicely restored version of whatever piece of shit you bought (and more than likely overpaid). We don't know your mechanical skills (other than your sweet airbru....oh wait, that was a joke) and the good advice you've been given about not chasing a fashion statement with a motorcycle has been ignored. You've been told repeatedly that this is the wrong site for that kind of thing, yet you still insist.

Am I missing anything here? Because that's the information that you've given me about yourself.

Can I just take a moment to deviate off this entertaining thread to point out that the brake lines on that chia-pet bike have way too much slack in them. Someone is going to get tripped up on them and fall - dropping their strawberries and chocolate in the process!

Your onto some "Fashzen and The Art of Motorcycle Acquaintance" shit here. But while I enjoy reading your semi-hate-rant towards the likes of me, and truly respect your sharply defined rules of engagement to life, and all that come to pass. There is a slight tension rising in my abdomen, slowly creeping up my throat as I bounce on your carefully blurped hate-speech; If there is one thing worse than people blindly following trends, that must be people vomiting an emotionally provoked half assed-attempt to nail a sociological truth.

But your thoughts on the bike, Phaedrus, I shall take into serious consideration. So indeed, thank you very much for the last, and truly helpful section of your response.

As for the rest of u I will provide pictures of my bike, as well as its progress.

Actually, I'm impressed you stuck around and hope you do post pictures of how it all turns out, the suspense of never knowing would kill me.

… & what did you think of the bead blast idea? I really was dead serious about that.

I just saw this thread and basically ended up reading it backwards. It was cool seeing you become less of a dick.
    kerosene and nicebikemate like this.
    Internet arguments are like the special olympics. If you win you're still retarded

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Sponsored Links