One Mean XS360
Close

One Mean XS360

This is a discussion on One Mean XS360 within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; This is the build with just the pictures I could find. I have brought it a long way since I bought it. Most Recent Pictures ...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: One Mean XS360

One Mean XS360

This is the build with just the pictures I could find. I have brought it a long way since I bought it.

Most Recent Pictures - as of 7/13/2014

I will get good pictures posted as soon as I can!

Neat. Keep the stock paint. The seat looks better with you on it. Get a fork brace, the XS3.6 is heavy enough to flex the forks when braking. Put the clip-ons on top of the forks (on top of the triple clamp), you have the cool photos, now ride the thing in comfort and control.

How many times has the tire slammed the fender?

Danger, is my business.

PS: don't ride around with no gloves, with SK8 shoes and a T-shirt on those tires. Danger, is my business , not growing back skin as my business. Women like grumpy sweaty guys in full leathers.

bifalconer, care to explain the reasoning in a few choices you have made:

-why do you have a rear dirt (dual sport) tire in the front?
    -why did you lower the bike?

cheers
    -

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by kerosene View Post
    bifalconer, care to explain the reasoning in a few choices you have made:

-why do you have a rear dirt (dual sport) tire in the front?
    -why did you lower the bike?

cheers
    At least he hasn't rubbed all the paint off, and given rust a place to live. Or fitted clown rubber. Or cut the mufflers off with a sawzall. Or thrown the airbox in a ditch. Or a gotten tuning fork neck tattoo (I'm guessing with that one folks! )

I'll give him three Witworth points for his efforts: W* W* W*.

Hey I don't like that speedo cable flapping around in the breeze much, without a cable guide, next to the chunky tire. Your cable, you choose.

Danger, is my business.

The only reason your not getting ripped is bc at least you kept the air box...everything else is a pretty big fail. Put the front fender back on or get a brace, lift the bike back up where it belongs, this isn't a car and lowering it is not helping you, you look relatively young but I promise you that riding it like that with low bars and stock pegs is doing damage you will feel in a few years, oh and it gives you less control of the bike. Not more. Props on keeping the exhaust, paint and air box, but in my opinion I think you took the bike backwards as far as a functioning motorcycle goes. But heck...that's just my opinion and your the one who gets to ride it.

Did you address the 40 year old front fork seals? 40 year old rear shocks? 40 year old bushings? 40 year old neck bearings? There wasn't much right up but if you haven't, you need to address all the maintained items as well.
    Last edited by Joep7; 07-14-2014 at 04:24 AM.

I guess "mean" means poorly designed and executed. And here I though "mean" meant so capable as to be badass, which this bike is the opposite of.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Ichiban has totally changed the meaning of the word badass for the better.

And this 360 is pretty badass.
    TCed, ffarl and kerosene like this.

Those bikes are fairly rare, not the most aesthetically pleasing design, but IMO you would have been better off replacing the seat and keeping it stock. It would have been worth more, and probably been more functional in mint condition than all hacked up. Something in a little rougher condition and a bit more easy to come by would have been a better choice to play with. Now having said that...

You are young and yes you have made mistakes, but that's how we learn....as long as we can admit we screwed up in the first place. It's your bike and you are going to do what you want with it, but my advice is to avoid jumping onto the bandwagon...the realistic side of the 'cafe scene' is more about overall performance enhancement, not the world of awkward handling choppers and bobbers where function takes a back seat to form...build with your brain, not your eyes. Ask questions, listen to what the old farts have to say about your pride and joy and try to incorporate some of their advice into your bike. If you do, in the end you will have something that not only looks good but rides and handles better than the standard machine.
    “And this you can know – fear the time when Manself will not suffer and die for a concept, for this one quality is the foundation of Manself, and this one quality is man, distinctive in the universe.”
    John Steinbeck

I have an even rarer , '77 XS360D2 out in the shed, the bare bones version with a front drum brake & kick starter only.

It was originally Yamaha chappy red like your bike, however some idiot po painted it yellow. If you decide to paint your bike, I want to trade you fenders, side covers and tank for what I have. You will then have a good set of body parts to repaint without ruining those originals.
    kerosene likes this.

Hey, this is going much nicer than I thought it would when I read the first post! This bike could be a lot worse. Riding in shorts and vans is the worst thing I see in those pics.
    BigAl8295 likes this.
    "It ran when I parked it. Probably just needs new gas and the carbs cleaned."

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links