My new build
Close

My new build

This is a discussion on My new build within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Hey guys, I just bought a 81 kz750ltd. I want to build it into a cafe racer. Since I will also use it as my ...

Thread: My new build

My new build

Hey guys, I just bought a 81 kz750ltd. I want to build it into a cafe racer. Since I will also use it as my daily after it is done so that I don't need to use my cruiser l would like to find a 4 or 5 gal gas tank cause I travel a 120 miles round trip to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

you have 2 "cruisers". leave the ltd as it is. (assuming it runs good). look for another bike for your CR
    I like my shocks like I like my women. Cheap and Chinese.

Howdy doody.

You have two options:

#1 : Make the bike like this one, properly. https://www.caferacer.net/forum/gener...acer-bike.html And then just ride the sucker.

#2: Get rid of it and get a bike far more suitable to make into a cafe racer.

The 750 LTD is a good cruiser, just go cruising maybe.

Danger, is my business.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

First of all it's a Project not a "build". When you use build in the context of construction it is a verb, When you use it as a noun you are referring to someone's physique.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Start with the Craigslist ad selling the thing and buy something that is a) actually suited to be a performance motorcycle; b) has an aftermarket where you can just throw money at problems.

l would like to find a 4 or 5 gal gas tank cause I travel a 120 miles round trip to work
    Bone stock the bike should just be able to barely make it one way on a stock tank. Once you put pod filters on it and generally screw it up all bets are off. However I can see the appeal of not having to put gas in it every day but every other day. So the bad news is nobody makes anything that will fit your bike. Period. Anything you want you need to make or heavily modify. Know how to weld? good because you'll need it. The only stock kawasaki bikes I know that come with tanks over 5 gallons are kz1300s (7 gallons) and kz900s (5 gallons), and they might fit, who knows, and probably with extensive mods.

Were this a cb750, I would tell you just to go buy a 5 gallon dunstall replica tank and bolt it on. Boom. Done. No muss no fuss. See there is an advantage to...you know...buying something the collective motorcycle hobby actually gives a shit about.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Thanks for the info guys. I have a 73 cb 550 that looks like the day it came from the dealer but I dont want to change it from stock because it looks like the bike I had in high school. I can weld and fab that is what I do for a living. Maybe I will give the kz750ltd to my wife and find me anouther to make into a CR. I have always liked them and will have one so stay tuned cause I will ask for more advice.

GEETO..... these guys are builders.... didn't you know?
    latered

Sponsored Links