Nighthawk 750 Cafe Racer
Close

Nighthawk 750 Cafe Racer

This is a discussion on Nighthawk 750 Cafe Racer within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Whatsup guys, I got her around a year and a half ago and she had been my daily rider for a year of that, through ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Nighthawk 750 Cafe Racer

Nighthawk 750 Cafe Racer

Whatsup guys, I got her around a year and a half ago and she had been my daily rider for a year of that, through rain and cold this trusty steed has never failed me.
    This is my first bike.
    I paid 1700$ for her with 28k miles and a massive dent in the tank.
    So i got straight to the drawing board for a replacement tank and other modifications.

Currently looking like this:

The story If your interested on how it got there

What it looked like when I got it,

A picture of the massive dent.

So, After much searching I found the counter part to the Nighthawk, The euro Sevenfifty. After a lot of searching I finally found one tank on ebay and bought it for 300$

With some slight work to the side covers and work on the mounting hole for the bolt she fit!

So I then went on to figuring out what way I wanted to paint it, tossed around the idea of doing Flake Sunrise Orange with 70' K1 750 tank stripes and the Honda wing for the tank but after hours or google searches and blogs decided to go with gloss black and the k1 tank stripes.
    When I bought the tank it had two slight dents in it so i had to bondo those and strip the paint

Hard work eventually pays off!!
    I also added a front cowl over the front headlight and swapped the front fender out with a 86 750 front fender and rode it around primer black for awhile.

(before primer)

decals for the tank

I've also installed Bar end mirrors, Super Bike bars and lazer grips. They gave the bike a more sporty feel.

So in between doing the final paint job, I installed a Dynojet kit, Uni air filter and reverse cone mufflers from Dime City Cycles. The bike runs and sounds GREAT!
    I was also getting a lot of front end vibration so I got a Super Brace for the front forks which made the front forks feel solid as a brick. I also swapped out the 86 nighthawk front fender with a cbr600rr front fender.

And it finally painted!

I recently put a fresh set of pirelli sport demons on her, a larger oil cooler from a Sevenfifty

Here's a video of how she sounds;

UPDATE**

Recently while i was at work my aunt attempted to move the bike and knocked it over.
    Ruined the paint and bent some odds and ends. So in a fit of rage I decided to tear it apart and go all out like I have always wanted to.
    BUT, never fear. I'm gonna do her right.

-Im currently doing a USD Fzr1000 EXUP front end swap on it which is about 85% done.
    -I plan on Making a 80's cb750F series rear cowl styled cafe seat
    -custom rear sets-
    -Possibly a bevel fairing, I have my eyes on a 900 Ducati Sport classic fairing from airtech
    -Custom 4-4 exhaust
    -Finish up Various odds n ends

I'm gonna keep the original paint scheme

What i have so far:

There is much more to come, I'm ridiculously OCD and meticulous about planning this kind of stuff out so I plan on making it close to perfect. I think about this shit in my sleep.

So I finished the FZR front end swap. It rides and handles awesome. I had a friend at Free Will Customs machine some fittings to keep the standard position bars and wield a safety wield on the bottom of the lower T tree clamp where the new stem went in to complete the whole job.

The ignition has been moved and hidden under the seat, I managed to use original headlight bracket and turn it into a new one for the USD forks with some clamps. sadly she currently doesn't have gauges but that's soon to come.

The next step in my plan is fitting a 97' CB1000 rear swing arm and shocks so a wider wheel and tire can be fitted. Currently trying to decide on either FZR or CBR wheels.

she's gonna be a canyon carving monster

I had the Hawk in the Distinguished Gentleman's Ride this weekend

So no cb1000 swing arm, I ended up staying with the FZR lineup and using the swingarm, wheel and brake assembly, and FZR rear sets. I also scored the perfect seat, one with the exact styling I had in mind for 40$ off eBay ha. When the seat got here; about the only thing good on it was the original foam and fiberglass, Seat pan was wasted. SO, I scrapped the seat pan and tore the nighthawks apart and used the plastic seat pan from the nighthawk because of its perfect contour to the frame. Built various frames to hold the fiberglass seat cowl on out of wood, steel then for the finished product of aluminum framework.

So here she sits waiting on some machine work/wielding for the swingarm and rear sets, and she will be able to ride again.

All in all i'm trying to keep function rather than form in mind on this build. Much, Much more to come. On the off days I toy around with a 73 TX750 i'm attempting to restore.

Let me know your thoughts and im always open to questions and pro advice. Thanks!
    -Jesse

Looks good.

You could probably flatten out the tail piece a bit - looks like a German streetfighter pointing up like that.

So the Seven Fifty tank dropped just like that without mods?

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by AnalogKid_2112 View Post
    So the Seven Fifty tank dropped just like that without mods?

do you seriously expect to get a reply to that question from a guy who posted once in 2014

Actually... I was seriously expecting no one to respond. There you have it

I really liked it right up until you chopped the back off of it.

Quote Originally Posted by AnalogKid_2112 View Post
    Actually... I was seriously expecting no one to respond. There you have it

Stick around for a while and I think you will discover this place is full of surprises

Sent from my kitchen table using 2 fingers

Sure I will... 👍

Great bike. I've seen it around the internet in the past and it's probably the only nighthawk I think done right. You need to put the front fender back on and an inner fender for the rear but otherwise good job.

I can't tell you how rare those SOHC cb70F guilari seats are. The only one I have seen in real life is one I bought off DiamondJ years ago. It's funny because in japan that tail section for KZ bikes is a little more common.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

jcw
    He "finished" it? Would love to see it.

I like the tank a lot. Looks like it has some decent capacity, too.
    Aluminum swingarm with the dual shocks actually looks nice.

I was afraid the tail was going to be streetfighter erect, though...
    Last edited by jcw; 03-09-2017 at 09:29 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links