1979 GS750E did right - Page 2
Close

1979 GS750E did right

This is a discussion on 1979 GS750E did right within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by kenessex True, but the GS750 would be a vintage superbike in AHRMA and that requires green plates. If that was raced it ...

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: 1979 GS750E did right

Quote Originally Posted by kenessex View Post
    True, but the GS750 would be a vintage superbike in AHRMA and that requires green plates. If that was raced it would have been with WERA, CCS, CRMA or CRA but most likely MRA if it was a MO bike. All of those Orgs have yellow and black as novice plates. I have raced with all of them and AHRMA, except CMRA.

Ken

She. Sounds. Hideous.

Name:  gs novice.jpg
Views: 976
Size:  21.2 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

Looks like you picked it up from that CL ad you posted.

Congrats. Lots of things you can do to the GS.

'82 GS750E, '99 ZRX-1100
    "Tossing a few cherries on the manure wagon doesn't make it the dessert cart."

More GS750E builds I say.

It sure beats dealing with bored young idiots or CB350's with the tire rubbing on the frame loop.

Danger, is my business."
    monkey likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

As an aside, it's really annoying dealing with thegsresources and how they're migrating their web site. Using internet archives to look up stuff on the site from 2013 gets old quick. That said, a ton of the stuff there is (obviously) geared towards the GS1000.
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by CaTacL1sm View Post
    There's a recess in the tank for the o-rings.
    theres a what? Thats a hole which they put a weldnut over to attach the tap. I'd be a tad upset if you developed a groovy new way to jihad a suzi four pot by giving it a leak source of raw petrol above hot things that make for flat black paintjobs with no discernible plastic parts left on the bike.

number four does all your upper sealing and a pair of number sixes take care of anything that wicks down the threads. I've seen fibre, copper, and alloy all used in the material of said washer and they're under the tap so that number 4 gets a clean flat unobstructed shot at sealing the top half of it.

Not saying your plan won't work, but if i have the choice of trying to reinvent the wheel, or becoming a fireball, i'm pretty happy with wheels as they are.
    BFF of Ken, inheritor of same status with Tex, erstwhile defender of young Kerry, and general village idiot sans village. Glen.

I say leave the seat. The original yosh gs1000 had a seat like that and that is probably why the po had that one done. On the GS the tail is bolted to the frame section so it is difficult to move it around without modding the frame rails. I mean the bike is already cut in another place so if you wanted to I don't see the harm in doing it since it will never be stock anyway, but I also don't really see the benefit as it is a lot of work to do properly.

Instead i would suggest swapping out the stock brake and tail for something that sits more flush with the cowl. Maybe LED. This will also help sell the faux race bike look as the original ran without lights.

If you want to run the plates either keep the ones you have or get copies of the originals off the yoshimura/ Wes Cooley bike.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Yep, I say keep the stock tail and that stepped seat.

I seem to recall that some of the GS1000S models had a stepped seat like in this pic:

This one appears to be a redone stock humped one.

Name:  GS1000S.jpg
Views: 1363
Size:  833.7 KB

Danger, is my business."

Quote Originally Posted by Witworth View Post
    More GS750E builds I say.

It sure beats dealing with bored young idiots or CB350's with the tire rubbing on the frame loop.

Danger, is my business."
    Wholly Hell!
    Best thing you have ever posted!
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

Quote Originally Posted by engel View Post

number four does all your upper sealing and a pair of number sixes take care of anything that wicks down the threads. I've seen fibre, copper, and alloy all used in the material of said washer and they're under the tap so that number 4 gets a clean flat unobstructed shot at sealing the top half of it.

Not saying your plan won't work, but if i have the choice of trying to reinvent the wheel, or becoming a fireball, i'm pretty happy with wheels as they are.
    appreciate it, I had interpreted the layout as the 6's went between the tank and the bracket, not the screw and the bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by kenessex View Post
    True, but the GS750 would be a vintage superbike in AHRMA and that requires green plates. If that was raced it would have been with WERA, CCS, CRMA or CRA but most likely MRA if it was a MO bike. All of those Orgs have yellow and black as novice plates. I have raced with all of them and AHRMA, except CMRA.
    Good info, thanx.
    GrandPaul
    Author, \"Old Bikes\"

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links