2 Russian URALs by Eddy
Close

2 Russian URALs by Eddy

This is a discussion on 2 Russian URALs by Eddy within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Hi! My name is Alexander. I'm from Russia and my English isn't perfect, sorry I want to tell you about 2 bikes of my old ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 2 Russian URALs by Eddy

2 Russian URALs by Eddy

Hi! My name is Alexander. I'm from Russia and my English isn't perfect, sorry
    I want to tell you about 2 bikes of my old friend Eddy, who loves motorcycles brand «URAL». As you know (if you know ), the «Ural motorcycles» is Russian company and it makes really iron retro-style bikes looks like old-school BMW-motorrad, but not the same and little different. I'll show you deuce of custom bikes that is hand made by my friend Eddy Belov.
    Let me start with the first one. (The second one is here too)
    Name:  5110551bd6e10d2924a91c0e3b71b9f0.jpg
Views: 1177
Size:  99.4 KB
    Name:  5ccf830ed9732649c1f877b4f6179316.jpg
Views: 825
Size:  138.6 KB
    Alterations are mainly affected the exterior only! He had replaced the wheel and disc brakes are installed, but that it's almost normal Ural, which is somewhat unusual The really cow horn is currently serves for acoustic signal (pneumatic). At the rear brake pedal - a real trap, it serves as the protective agent ... just kidding This bike named "Kaban Kopcheony' (russian language) what means "Smoked wild boar" or "Smoked Hog" - as you wish!

Second one. This bike was made by Edward for his elder son named Arthur. The frame, swingarm and engine - Ural, fork – IZH, fuel tank - Jawa, and racing tires - MITAS. Everything else Eddie made himself.
    Name:  922314111a4bad9a61dcd8a27a902891.jpg
Views: 1068
Size:  119.3 KB
    Name:  7fa74ae0c0542b981488b52b792dd85f.jpg
Views: 1766
Size:  114.0 KB
    Motors and transmissions both bikes repaired and serviced. Arthur and Edward both riding second year and has nothing technical troubles!
    The main aim of the author was to change the face of motorcycles, not radically recasting the frame. As I see He did it. Old Ural bikes may like or not like, but all of them are worthy to be loved by someone.

P.S. I mean to get something original bike, it's not necessarily to cut and weld a frame. And what do You think about this?
    Last edited by ultorix; 08-07-2015 at 01:34 PM.

Neat...word count

I've never ridden a Ural before. I have a customer who has an old WW2 jeep and his neighbor a Ural and they would ride....in caravan.....to shows, to McDonald's (they're retired and hang out with the other old geezers at mickey d's in the morning), just wherever. He said I could take it for a spin but I felt a little uncomfortable with the sidecar so I passed. I always thought it would be cool to get a Royal Enfied military and tag along. I one time saw the same 2 guys but with a couple other Urals and a Vietnam era medic transport vehicle crusing along the coast.....I guess supporting a landing. So cool.

There's a lot of attention to detail on these bikes. I like your first one. Kinda looks like what crocodile Dundee would roll.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

there's a thread on Advrider that rails on the poor QA/QC of urals... I was considering getting one until I started reading through it
    Quote Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

I kind of like the Ural Sidecar rigs, but was just talking with a friend that recently got an MZ rig and likes it very much, plus it has a rotax engine. Some of you Brooklyn Boys may know him, Eli Kurtz.

There are a few Ural rigs here on the Island (Mount Desert Island, Maine) and I have talked a bit to the guys. Seems like the newer the better, and the last year or two is the best. They told me to try to stay newer than 2013.

It is funny how I often see the Euro bikes I have, even thought they are small, hooked to sidecars---Jawa 250 and a Puch/Allstate 250. Maybe I will get a car for one of those--just want something to take the grand daughters out for ice cream in.

Knappy---that military stuff must run in the ural riders blood. I hosted a vintage ride in Maine and a fellow showed up on a tan Ural rig, and he had on Jodpurs, Tall riding boots,an Eisenhower jacket and wore an army helmet (no helmet law in Maine). Seemed a bit over the top but the bike was nice and he was quite knowledgeable about the bikes. Everyone has there own brand of weird........
    Last edited by JackC; 08-05-2015 at 03:08 PM.

"Crocodile Dundee's bike"? I've never mind! I'll tell to Eddy and he'd likes it, I think!

I like these bikes, but they're not cheap enough to justify buying one here over a similar bmw.
    The newest ones are pretty sweet, though. I personally would forego the sidecar, or keep it in storage until I'm too old to hold up a bike at stoplights anymore.
    It ain't easy bein' fat and greasy.

Quote Originally Posted by JackC View Post
    Knappy---that military stuff must run in the ural riders blood. I hosted a vintage ride in Maine and a fellow showed up on a tan Ural rig, and he had on Jodpurs, Tall riding boots,an Eisenhower jacket and wore an army helmet (no helmet law in Maine). Seemed a bit over the top but the bike was nice and he was quite knowledgeable about the bikes. Everyone has there own brand of weird........
    I bet your granddaughters would love the ride in the side car.

Of course I would dress up too........I'd look like Patton.

When I saw them by the coast they were not dressed up in theme but all had their military baseball caps and Hawaiian shirts and all looked like Robin Williams from Good Morning Vietnam. The Vietnam era medic truck was inside converted to a mobile classic amateur radio station. I had a chance to purchase that but no room. I...also a Ham.....could appreciate his set up. He would take it to the coast....and he had that massive 15 or 20 foot military whip antenna....pop it up and make contacts across the sea. All on battery. Even the Urals had some 10ft whips but they were for show. All in all I thought they were having the time of their lives cruising the coast and probably making contacts across the globe.

I like these bikes, but they're not cheap enough to justify buying one here over a similar bmw.

Yes I see, but in Russia an old Ural in working condition cost about $150-500 may be less more and a similar BMW starts up $2000.
    Last edited by ultorix; 08-06-2015 at 02:27 AM.
    thechief86 likes this.

A good friend has a Ural Gear-Up. He likes it and says it's been reliable for him, but when I asked him about what a Ural solo bike would be like, he said that unless you want the powered sidecar wheel, there are many, many other better options.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links