79 xs 750 - Page 2
Close

79 xs 750

This is a discussion on 79 xs 750 within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by stuckintheruff ......I may be wrong (8ball) I do not think the rear was lowered, just the way the pictures were portrayed maybe?? ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 79 xs 750

Quote Originally Posted by stuckintheruff View Post
    ......I may be wrong (8ball) I do not think the rear was lowered, just the way the pictures were portrayed maybe?? .......
    Yeah, that angle is better. If it is lowered at all, it isn't much. I'm not crazy about the dual sport tires, but that's just personal. I tend to push tire traction.....a bit. Over all, I like it. Your injury sounds like it made you avoid one of the most common bad decisions. clip-ons with out rear sets. The riding position you have will make for a much more enjoyable experience for you. I've been riding sportbikes for over 25 years and prefer the aggressive riding position, but I don't use those bikes for long rides. Most people bolt on a set of clubmans or clip ons, and leave the pegs in their stock location....ending up sitting folded up like a taco.

Ride the snot out of it and enjoy it!

Just a word of advice. Keep up with your oil and filter changes. Those bikes had a tendency to spin the center con rod bearings if maintenance is ignored.
    I always find a soap box useful to get on my high horse.

Quote Originally Posted by roccitycafe View Post
    .... same thing with furniture, it doesn't have to be straight or not wobble, or keep thing from rolling off it, or not collapse when sat upon, it's personal taste man... if I want a dining room set that endangers the life of my dinner party guests, then it doesn't need second hand approval

My GS550 Build Thread

So I'll be the dick here. Did private industry come after active duty ? You don't get won trips with private industry. I worked in the industry.

That's not being a dick, only reason any of that nonsense was brought up was because someone was curious why builders chose frame color. I was just keeping the same lingo for uniformity, not worth going info further details of that whole boat. Now they are more "forced" than anything, bills bills bills :} glad the bike is running, saves on gas. Filled up on premium for the car at 3.90, ugh. Let's not get sidetracked though, keep it about bike stuff.

Ride safe

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

I really like the yammy triples, especially with a noisy exhaust. It's a really unique sound, which was my favorite part of owning one. I believe I'd put some longer shocks in the rear to help it steer quicker since these heavy pigs are something to wrestle in the curves, but over all, I like it! Enjoy!
    It ain't easy bein' fat and greasy.

Ill try to get a sound clip out soon, maybe tomorrow. It's a little on the quite side while just scooting, but under throttle it might sound like what you remember, let you be the judge on that. (forewarn, no Go Pro, so video quality will surely suck :} )

I like the green frame ,that it's not the typical Yamaha black frame makes this stand out..
    I would fill in the space at the side covers ,with originals painted in the tank's general pattern.. then make one easley removeable concealling a storage area built between
    78' SR500
    64' YG1S
    15' XT250

creative thinking, currently fuses, first aid, tank key and tools all go in the "must go" back pack.

Start up and idle (no ride... just not the right equipment for anything decent, maybe later...)

You gotta rev that motha! I like how the triple sounds like a twin at idle, and like an inline 4 on throttle.
    Mine seemed really hard to kick, like it had super compression. It was locked up when I got it, and I unlocked it by filling it all the way up with diesel, and rocking the bike back and forth in gear every couple of days for a few months, finally got a full 360° spin out of it, and got it started with the rebuilt MKII mikunis. I was pretty proud of the thing for running so well. A week later I rode it several hours from White House, TN to the Barber vintage festival in Birmingham, AL, and back with my wife on the back. It really sucked for a long trip with both of us on it, haha.
    It ain't easy bein' fat and greasy.

Yah, I do not think I'm personally up for anything more than on hour on this one, maybe with smooth roads; not getting that in Wi though, harsh winters... I know, I did rev it, but, lol, the Iphone just couldn't pick up the sound, it sounded like the exhaust was hissing. It sounded terrible and very funny, just not worth a post. My buddy mentioned Go Pro reworked their original, which he purchased at a very reasonable price (120) and is pleased with the quality, used on bike rides, family events, etc.. So, I will look into that, plenty of other uses for it anyways. I'm surprised I have not already caved to one by now. For the hell of it, Ill try again before I get too busy, just put the phone farther away so the decimals are not so high, if it still comes up nasty, I'll post it anyways, give people stuff to make fun of. (as if there is not enough of that going on already on the site)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links