1975 Honda CB 360 T Oil Coming out of exhaust - Page 3
Close

1975 Honda CB 360 T Oil Coming out of exhaust

This is a discussion on 1975 Honda CB 360 T Oil Coming out of exhaust within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by Stephen J You had mentioned doing the points, yes? Yes, I just redid them over the weekend...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 1975 Honda CB 360 T Oil Coming out of exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen J View Post
    You had mentioned doing the points, yes?
    Yes, I just redid them over the weekend

All that smoke will be your RHS exhaust clearing itself of all the unburnt fuel that's been dumped in there.

Take it for a ride.

Is that exhaust smoke coming out of your crankcase vent pipe? … that's not a good, it's a breather pipe not an exhaust pipe unless you have a holy piston or ring failure.
    I'm thinking that if you took out your oil filler plug you'd see exhaust coming out of there too.

Time to do a compression check. My expectation would be on #2 failing badly.

Might be a very short ride Hillsy :|

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TrialsRider View Post
    Is that exhaust smoke coming out of your crankcase vent pipe? … that's not a good, it's a breather pipe not an exhaust pipe unless you have a holy piston or ring failure.
    I'm thinking that if you took out your oil filler plug you'd see exhaust coming out of there too.

Time to do a compression check. My expectation would be on #2 failing badly.

Might be a very short ride Hillsy :|
    My Compression is fine, I had this problem last year with smoke coming out of the breather tube , found out that there was a little bit of gas in my oil. Ill drain the oil and fill er back up and see what it gives me

In the mean time...Heres a picture of My bike, and my brothers bike! thoughts?

Name:  honduhs.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  95.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by captainrodd View Post
    In the mean time...Heres a picture of My bike, and my brothers bike! thoughts?

Name:  honduhs.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  95.6 KB
    Nice, good to see people fighting the urge to "do something" to these bikes. Fix'm ride'm smile. I have nowhere near the skill level of most posters here but - getting fuel in the oil? Yay, storytime. My old Triumph would do that on occasion, always on the cylinder on the side stand side. If I left the fuel on when it was parked I'd occasionally end up with fuel in the oil. . Old carbs, floats sticking, neglect, bad fuel bla bla.... It would eventually foul the plug on that side as well. May have nothing to do with your issue but thought i was worth mentioning. Cheers
    If you can't pick it back up, don't ride it.

You might want to talk to the guys at hondatwins.net, they're dealing with these bikes all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen J View Post
    Nice, good to see people fighting the urge to "do something" to these bikes. Fix'm ride'm smile. I have nowhere near the skill level of most posters here but - getting fuel in the oil? Yay, storytime. My old Triumph would do that on occasion, always on the cylinder on the side stand side. If I left the fuel on when it was parked I'd occasionally end up with fuel in the oil. . Old carbs, floats sticking, neglect, bad fuel bla bla.... It would eventually foul the plug on that side as well. May have nothing to do with your issue but thought i was worth mentioning. Cheers
    There a blast and get looks / people talking about them all the time when there out and about together! Just a matter of time of getting it tuned in right. And yeah I have the same issue but with the right side, Might just be the old floats, this bike was total trash when I picked her up, and brought it back to life so maybe its just the floats sticking sometimes, no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
    You might want to talk to the guys at hondatwins.net, they're dealing with these bikes all the time.
    Yeah I had posted a thread over there last year and got most of my problems figured out from them, I posted my current issue here and over there and havent had a response yet from them, hopefully soon though ^^

Quote Originally Posted by captainrodd View Post
    Might just be the old floats.
    What sort of floats are they? Brass or plastic? Have you checked if they actually float? Sometimes they don't and your engine will flood. Take them out and drop them in a cup full of gas to see if they float.

Are you running a fuel filter? If not, you might be getting gunk under the float valves. It's surprising how little gunk needs to be there to disrupt the valve closing.

How are the float pins? Do the floats move smoothly without any restriction?

Aftermarket float bowl gaskets? They can sometimes impede the floats' movement.

And if your oil smells like gas, then change your oil.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links