RE: Tip on Old Parts Bikes in AZ
Close

This is a discussion on RE: Tip on Old Parts Bikes in AZ within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Hey Ya'll ok so Bob's used motorcycle parts in AZ is now most likely the top metric junkyard in the US. They just got a ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By knappyfeet
  • 1 Post By TrialsRider

Thread: RE: Tip on Old Parts Bikes in AZ

Hey Ya'll ok so Bob's used motorcycle parts in AZ is now most likely the top metric junkyard in the US. They just got a bunch of bikes from another yard that had a fire. I probably wouldn't even mention it but I was very Impressed to see a bunch of Suzuki Stingray bikes all complete down to the reflectors. The bad news is that it all sat out in the elements but it was mostly AZ elements in theory ?? Maybe maybe not as the dude was collecting in Washington for a while too. Regardless if you are ever passing through AZ and you want to check out a huge hoard of mostly 100% complete bikes from the late 60's and 70's that are half way or more but possibly decent roached but all there then this is the place for you!!! Just giving a shout out. It would be a good place to find a complete parts bike if you already have good bones for a current project or you just have a ton of heart and can resurrect the deep grave yard kind of bike. Just giving a shout out as they do have a ton of rare Suzuki stuff and some Yamaha and a few rare Kawasaki's too. If you are ever in AZ it really is worth a stop just to see the Gigantic horde that they have; what is probably a 70 year collection; it's like a mystery and the more you dig the cooler of stuff you can find . I have seen some really rare and valuable 2 stroke stuff that was out of the elements for ever as they do have trailers with a ton of stuff covered. But the good stuff is risky and you might have to crawl under a few dodgy shelves LOL. Basically the place is a trip for sure so check it out the next time you roll through PHX AZ !!!

If they will let me take my hand impact to a stingray to inspect the stator I might even get one myself, halfway roachy and all as I have never seen those bikes for sale out here in any form much less complete !!! Plus I always thought they were cool as fuck plus I love the challenge as long as it is reasonable !!!

An update on my job though here go's. I have worked with construction Demo Insulation for years but now I grind down real front clips with hard core fiberglass. It is OK The FG resin does smell though as do many other things in the shop. I am strong though and I do love learning new trades / tricks of new trades. I am blessed !1 Praise the Lord !!!
    I just have to say that the Lord is my keeper and I don't have to worry about staring in a certain Primus video by accident because the Lord leads where he leads for a reason and that's just how he rolls so who am I to judge ?? It is always cool to learn new skills for real !!!

You see the difference here Lacquer head did his stuff on purpose. But if you just happen to be around certain stuff then God will make a real deal barrier between you and the stuff because he is God and that is pretty much his job . To have our backs in all types of situations. So stay strong my brothers for real !!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Just a Cool Primus song !!!

Ya....yards like that are unheard of in San Dank.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  249.0 KB
    CP3OGuy likes this.

Primus is Buy a Stingray or maybe two, if you could get them at the right price I don't think you could lose on them, restore one race one
    CP3OGuy likes this.

I just want to throw up a pic of my 1972 Kawasaki F8 Bison when I found it at Bob's. Before that it was listed on an MX Website for 1,000. But I heard about it when it landed there and that helped. She still needs a little tranny stuff but maybe some day she will be a good prospect. She is now a 350 but still has the 250 bottom end and frame. I did have it running off of 1 wire with the 350 jug and the 250 carb a few months back and it actually did hold a healthy idle but it did leak very bad. I t does needs more work for sure !!! Maybe one day this will be a Kawasaki F81 Clone ?? You never know !!!
    Name:  bobs 1.JPG
Views: 81
Size:  1.77 MB

Yeah out here in AZ you have to be pretty connected to even get a Huge Project Kawasaki F8 or F9 or just be willing to pay up or just have mad good Karma !!!
    Last edited by CP3OGuy; 05-03-2016 at 10:33 PM.

Just a cute pic of my effort getting the reverse thread bolt over the RV cover off. She was a bitch but it did come out eventually !!!
    Name:  bobs2.JPG
Views: 93
Size:  1.68 MB

For my first test start transmission aside no chain just a start type of thing with no chain on and no shifting going on this happened. I put Yami-bond (stuff for crank cases that use no hard gasket" around what were probably the original crank seals and it actually worked and didn't over revv or anything !!! There was at least 20 minutes of healthy idle during this process !!!

Sponsored Links