We should have a build off - Page 8
Close

We should have a build off

This is a discussion on We should have a build off within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Sure, I can do that, I'm here for the same reasons. apologies if it came across otherwise....

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: We should have a build off

Sure, I can do that, I'm here for the same reasons. apologies if it came across otherwise.
    jaguar likes this.

jcw
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguar View Post
    not endless pissing matches and stupid blanket statements
    You mean two pounds of shit threads aren't interesting??????

That was an epically bad thread and those involved should have had their accounts suspended for a week out of principle.

This is for RSV4/ Robert,

I don't want to take up space in the build-off thread on what has clearly become tangential to that contest. However, I am happy to carry on the conversation here where it can't trash up an already messed up thread.

"Hi Kenny!

I disagree that you are not hysterical, can you provide proof to the contrary? Perhaps the peanut gallery will then form a consensus on the matter. Regarding the bike I posted, I’m afraid that I cannot provide any details whatever, I found the photo on the web. It was a very poor pun on my part and for that I apologize.

Tell me more about my contribution, and how you think it can be improved. Many thanks!

Robert"

First off, don't you think using the diminutive of my name, Kenny", a bit passive aggressive as I have pointed out before? It certainly is presumptive as we have never met and our relationship as it currently exists could not be termed familiar or friendly, much less intimate. I will suggest that "Kenny" is probably less than appropriate on your part. Next, with regard to your characterization of my behavior as hysterical is quite a bit off base. The key to the definition is extreme uncontrolled emotion. None of my posts is anything near extreme, certainly not uncontrolled and the only true emotion is amusement at your behaviors. As far as providing proof to the contrary, I believe it is your obligation to provide evidence that it is true. I have no need to mount a defense against the improper definition of terms. Remember Robert, words have meaning and we are not able to ascribe other meaning to common words and expect to be understood. I believe it is an expectation that writers expect their readers to understand them, if not then the writing is ineffective. Given the extent of the lexicon you have so far exhibited, I expect better from you.

Finally, with reference to your contributions, I don't recall that you have actually made any. The post of the horrible Ducati is spurious by your own admission. Have you posted any bikes you own? Have you contributed any technical information? Have you posted any requests for information? You may have and I just don't recall any of it. I certainly have not tried to look up any of your past posts to see, as that would imply a higher level of interest in you than I currently have. Do feel free to let me know if you have made any contributions in those arenas. My recollection is that you came on here first to tell long time members to be nice to the newbies, rising up as the champion of the poor oppressed masses. When you were mocked and denigrated by some you perceived as low life denizens of the darkness here, you again took it upon yourself to work up a case of righteous indignation and proceeded to tilt at windmills for the greater good. Again, if I don't have that right feel free to post corrections. I might be wrong as I am just operating from memory on issues that were only of moderate to low interest and I still don't have the interest to look up any of your previous posts.

Thanks for playing,

Ken
    o1marc and woodsman like this.
    WERA 119
    CCS 119
    CRA 119
    AHRMA not anymore
    \"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once.\"
    Evan Esar
    Newbies, Geeto and Tex (Bye Tex)hate me!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by kenessex View Post
    This is for RSV4/ Robert,

I don't want to take up space in the build-off thread on what has clearly become tangential to that contest. However, I am happy to carry on the conversation here where it can't trash up an already messed up thread.

"Hi Kenny!

I disagree that you are not hysterical, can you provide proof to the contrary? Perhaps the peanut gallery will then form a consensus on the matter. Regarding the bike I posted, I’m afraid that I cannot provide any details whatever, I found the photo on the web. It was a very poor pun on my part and for that I apologize.

Tell me more about my contribution, and how you think it can be improved. Many thanks!

Robert"

First off, don't you think using the diminutive of my name, Kenny", a bit passive aggressive as I have pointed out before? It certainly is presumptive as we have never met and our relationship as it currently exists could not be termed familiar or friendly, much less intimate. I will suggest that "Kenny" is probably less than appropriate on your part. Next, with regard to your characterization of my behavior as hysterical is quite a bit off base. The key to the definition is extreme uncontrolled emotion. None of my posts is anything near extreme, certainly not uncontrolled and the only true emotion is amusement at your behaviors. As far as providing proof to the contrary, I believe it is your obligation to provide evidence that it is true. I have no need to mount a defense against the improper definition of terms. Remember Robert, words have meaning and we are not able to ascribe other meaning to common words and expect to be understood. I believe it is an expectation that writers expect their readers to understand them, if not then the writing is ineffective. Given the extent of the lexicon you have so far exhibited, I expect better from you.

Finally, with reference to your contributions, I don't recall that you have actually made any. The post of the horrible Ducati is spurious by your own admission. Have you posted any bikes you own? Have you contributed any technical information? Have you posted any requests for information? You may have and I just don't recall any of it. I certainly have not tried to look up any of your past posts to see, as that would imply a higher level of interest in you than I currently have. Do feel free to let me know if you have made any contributions in those arenas. My recollection is that you came on here first to tell long time members to be nice to the newbies, rising up as the champion of the poor oppressed masses. When you were mocked and denigrated by some you perceived as low life denizens of the darkness here, you again took it upon yourself to work up a case of righteous indignation and proceeded to tilt at windmills for the greater good. Again, if I don't have that right feel free to post corrections. I might be wrong as I am just operating from memory on issues that were only of moderate to low interest and I still don't have the interest to look up any of your previous posts.

Thanks for playing,

Ken
    I believe I have made a profound contribution to the forum! Getto and Jag are now appreciably more moderate in their reception of others, and it is a conceit of mine that I had some small role in this change in comportment. I have had no quibble with either since the evident transformation. Marc is an exception, but for reasons of gentility I prefer not to articulate my suspicions in this regard. You yourself may fall into his category. Do you believe that as an amateur motorcycle racer you possess the credentials to assess an individual psychologically? Have you, in fact ever attended university? With more success than you have had racing? If so, please feel free to document those credentials as that would go a long way toward the attention I pay to your assessments.

Robert

You all take yourselves far to seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by RSV4 View Post
    I believe I have made a profound contribution to the forum! Getto and Jag are now appreciably more moderate in their reception of others, and it is a conceit of mine that I had some small role in this change in comportment.
    This statement alone tells me you are bordering on being delusional.

RSV4 is who again?
    thechief86 and kerosene like this.
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

jcw
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguar View Post
    RSV4 is who again?
    Good question.

Apparently the self appointed super moderator.
    Last edited by jcw; 05-15-2016 at 08:22 AM.

Honestly have not looked at much of what he has posted as most seems like junk.
    funny he thinks he has had a positive affect
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Sponsored Links