1982 GN400 Horn - Page 2
Close

1982 GN400 Horn

This is a discussion on 1982 GN400 Horn within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I still think it needs whacking with a #3 phillips handle. Practically everything can benefit from that. I know it works on sticking floats and ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 1982 GN400 Horn

I still think it needs whacking with a #3 phillips handle. Practically everything can benefit from that. I know it works on sticking floats and starter solenoids.
    WERA 119
    CCS 119
    CRA 119
    AHRMA not anymore
    \"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once.\"
    Evan Esar
    Newbies, Geeto and Tex (Bye Tex)hate me!!

Sorry for the slow response guys, I've been elk hunting. I think that I have got it fixed. I tore of all the tape in the headlight cowl and all the way back to the battery to make sure there weren't any bad covered up connections. There was a questionable one in the headlight that I fixed but I dont think it was giving me any issues. I ended up banging the horn with a wrench because I didnt have that driver handy. After it still would just buzz I started messing with the screw on the back of the horn and ended up finding a spot where it would work when the button was hit (I had also taken off the blinker/horn/light switch to check connections) So i got it fixed to where I wanted it when I tested it and put it back together. When I got all the wires taped up and the switched mounted back together now instead of a constant buzzing when I turned the key on it was the actual horn. I got it to stop and then when I would hit the blinkers or lights it would start again. After this hint, I started looking and could actually see it arcing from the control switch to the handle bars. After I electrical taped the handle bars underneath the switch and remounted it, the short had stopped! Everything seems to work fine now, thanks guys! Im not sure if this was how I was supposed to fix it or not but it works.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links