Cafe Racer Forum banner

White Trash Fabrication's Post Apocalypic 250 Ninja Street Fighter

10K views 60 replies 21 participants last post by  DohcBikes 
#1 · (Edited)
White Trash Fabrication's Post Apocalypic 250 Ninja Street Fighter $3000 Budget Build

Hi I'm Julian from White Trash Fabrication (WTF for short) and this a is 250 Ninja I'm building into a custom Mad Max Street fighter. This is what I started with. I had to cut most of the back of the bike off. Also this build has a budget of $3000. My shop builds budget bikes. We specialize in choppers, Bobbers, Café racers/Street Fighters all built with that old school vibe, with a little bit of Mad Max, Rockabilly Rat Bike and a touch of Steampunk for good measure. So hope this build shows you that you don't need a lot of money to build something trick.

Attachments

See less See more
#40 ·
paint smaint .. this is a post apocalyptic theme bike, not a Schwinn for Barbie

How us pro builders do rat patina:

step 1 take everything down to bare metal.

step 2 in a large spray bottle, mix 400ml of pickle juice, 375ml hydrogen peroxide and 125 grams of kosher salt

step 3 spray down and saturate bare metal with the patina solution

step 4 let sit in high humidity environment for 72 hours

step 5 repeat step 3 and 4 until desired finish is attained

step 6
(optional: splatter with blood )

or you can just drop it by the shop for a professional rat finish. here is your member coupon:

Text Font Logo Brand Label

#43 ·
paint smaint .. this is a post apocalyptic theme bike, not a Schwinn for Barbie

How us pro builders do rat patina:

step 1 take everything down to bare metal.

step 2 in a large spray bottle, mix 400ml of pickle juice, 375ml hydrogen peroxide and 125 grams of kosher salt

step 3 spray down and saturate bare metal with the patina solution

step 4 let sit in high humidity environment for 72 hours

step 5 repeat step 3 and 4 until desired finish is attained

step 6
(optional: splatter with blood )

or you can just drop it by the shop for a professional rat finish. here is your member coupon:

View attachment 38233
Ichi wins this thread. Hands down.

#50 ·
Don't MIG Ali (I'm assuming the swing arm is Ali?), it always looks shit. If you can TIG, do it right, if you did it right, used a jig, gussets and proper fillet welds you wouldn't need a mild steel box over the top that'll stop it snapping but not bending like a noodle under compression. Even your steel MIG looks ropey. I do like the concept though, just be careful and do it right

#58 · (Edited)
Customer bulids are the worst.

If they wanted the "gorilla welds" on this bulid, you wouldn't have boxed and smoothed them.

A frame jig has nothing to do with a custom or adjustable swingarm jig that would be necessary to correctly modify a specific swingarm.

The swingarm still has the ground cable attached to it, laying free on the table.

#60 ·
If he has anything that shoots flames it would be best used from the driveway, pointing in to the garage, until the bottle runs out.....

OP.... Did you consider that the rear rim on a triumph 3 spoke sssa is directional? You are now running the rear wheel backwards, against everything it was designed for.

I suppose you used the original swingarm and didn't build a whopping chainlink monstrosity so you aren't completely dumb.

Carry on.... I love your work and regularly refer to it to scare the shit outta my mates.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.