1978 CB750F hotrod - Page 12
Close

1978 CB750F hotrod

This is a discussion on 1978 CB750F hotrod within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; derby cover anyway it hides the throwout what kind of grips you fancy i have one pair nos gran tourismo i have nos honda clock ...

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: 1978 CB750F hotrod

derby cover anyway it hides the throwout
    what kind of grips you fancy i have one pair nos gran tourismo
    i have nos honda clock drive cables grips cables cheap but not free
    also have some nos signal light the nice lookin smallish rounded rectanguiar jobs
    and a model a plate bracket n glass lensed light to hang off the axle
    oh and eye clevis aluminum bodied konies i can build them with the guts from the late model (same as ikon now) 4 clicker external rebound

I have a set of alloy bodied koni's for a DOHC burried in my storage. I'm heading to NY soon so I might dig them out. Those hagons have held up pretty well for me over the years though. I don't know what else I need yet, I have Gran Turisimo grips and some NOS 70's weirdo stuff, but the girl who did my seat offered to do matching leather grips and I might just take her up on it. Not sure yet because how do you safety wire leather grips?
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

just ask her to wet the thong before getting tied up i mean tying the grips if the konis you have do not have the external clicker and have never been apart don't use them,dont even stroke or seat bounce them,they have the goo issue and will need a cleanout
    if you start using them the goo will definately get well and fully into the footvalve and the shocks will be as useless as ltits on a boar
    i picked up 2 pairs still, in box and gutted them out straight away ,the goo had settled into the piston comp valve stack
    when the footvalve gets plugged its a total bitch its not made for complete dis assembly but up until just recently that was what had to be done filing off the stakings and restsaking on assembly ,like a blind drunken watchmaker
    i dont see how robert haag can stand it,its maddening,but he is the master and steve koniking
    but after trying everrything to melt the shit i finally tried denatured alcohol
    it seams to do something,anyway,along with my cut down feeler gauge scraper tools ,i have suceeded in cleaning some footvalves out without doing full teardown
    next ill try some fuel, methanol ,nasty shit it will kill, but i have a feeling it may work even better
    Geeto67 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    Time for a long overdue update.

I also have to find a new photo hosting provider, because photobucket is in the toilet, so no photos for the moment.
    Don't forget you can post directly to the message board.

Name:  78_Fighter_right_side.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  66.0 KB

Grabbed this from your vinmoto virtual garage.

Where is this bike currently? OH to NY? If it's NY, I have a CX500 tank plus some others you could test out for fit before you buy one.

Didn't see this message till now jim.

The bike is in Ohio, has been since xmas.

I am NOT putting a CX500 tank on it. It's too small. I did look at my kz1300 tank when I was back in NY - it's too much work to put on. I also looked at my other dunstall tank and quickly realized my memory about it was better than it is in real life. I thought it was still orginal gel coat but a quick examination of a chip in it made me realize it had a red paint job on top of the red gelcoat it had. There also appears to be a repair to the underside at some point in it's life. Furthermore, I think one of the nuts to hold the petcock in place has come loose and is rattling around in the tank. As soon as I figure out how to upload pics to flickr off my phone, I'll share some pics.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    Didn't see this message till now jim.

The bike is in Ohio, has been since xmas.

I am NOT putting a CX500 tank on it. It's too small. I did look at my kz1300 tank when I was back in NY - it's too much work to put on. I also looked at my other dunstall tank and quickly realized my memory about it was better than it is in real life. I thought it was still orginal gel coat but a quick examination of a chip in it made me realize it had a red paint job on top of the red gelcoat it had. There also appears to be a repair to the underside at some point in it's life. Furthermore, I think one of the nuts to hold the petcock in place has come loose and is rattling around in the tank. As soon as I figure out how to upload pics to flickr off my phone, I'll share some pics.
    Give me some rough dimensions on the tank that is on there now and I will see what else I have that may fit. Just rediscovered an older BMW tank in my stash I forgot I had that could work.

Hey, a Wards Riverside Mojave tank would be the shizzle. Has anyone ever used one of those?
    Geeto67 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
    Hey, a Wards Riverside Mojave tank would be the shizzle. Has anyone ever used one of those?
    I am "un-friending" everyone that uses the word "shizzle".
    You're off my list.
    ...and don't you DARE try to get back on.
    Geeto67 likes this.
    GrandPaul
    Author, \"Old Bikes\"

Quote Originally Posted by grandpaul View Post
    I am "un-friending" everyone that uses the word "shizzle".
    You're off my list.
    ...and don't you DARE try to get back on.
    Sorry I couldn't help myself. I erased you off my wall!
    Geeto67 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
    Ba-dum-TISH!

Name:  very-funny-dr-jones.png
Views: 500
Size:  262.6 KB

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Sponsored Links