My Honda VF750 -83 - Page 2
Close

My Honda VF750 -83

This is a discussion on My Honda VF750 -83 within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; just read this thread while looking for something else. Am I missing something here, this is a cafe racer forum no? so we get a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: My Honda VF750 -83

just read this thread while looking for something else. Am I missing something here, this is a cafe racer forum no? so we get a bike and make it something else. His original pic is not available so maybe I miss the point but people quickly turned into nobs without him being provocative....you all suprise me lets see what else I find.

The modern cafe racer is generally an exercise in mechanical stupidity.
    https://www.caferacer.net/forum/new-...ead-first.html

he had a vf750, so sort of along the lines of early perimeter-ishy style frame, and i'm guessing he had a photo of a cb750 or some other typical spine frame 70's bike that he was hoping to clone. not going to work, which he was told. there's no bullshit here.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Enders13 View Post
    just read this thread while looking for something else. Am I missing something here, this is a cafe racer forum no? so we get a bike and make it something else. His original pic is not available so maybe I miss the point but people quickly turned into nobs without him being provocative....you all suprise me lets see what else I find.
    Depends upon your definition of 'cafe racer'
    If that is something that is actually a bobber/chopper butchered 40 year old bike in drag rolling on bullshit suspension, decked out with LED everything, powder coat paint and straight headers, then you better have thick skin to survive this place. The guys that frequent this forum actually race their race bikes. That's what you should be noticing when you are looking through old threads, it's about making them go better not look pretty, most here don't give a flying #$%^ what the thing looks like if it can out perform every other motorcycle in its class we like it. We are old and experienced at bull shit things like carburetors and we can make the shit work that young people look at in total dismay, because they are so stuck on it needing pod filters where there should be an air box. or no fenders and chain guards which is perfect if you are building an indoor motorcycle for hipsters to just look at.

Looks like good snow conditions for riding here again today!
    woodsman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TrialsRider View Post
    Looks like good snow conditions for riding here again today!
    Yea, how'd you like to trade your trials bike for a good sled and some cash? I imagine the temperature rising and the changing conditions through the day makes it more challenging.

Can't really complain, the warm weather has allowed me to move the projects along that have to be done in the shop area I can't heat.

Quote Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
    Yea, how'd you like to trade your trials bike for a good sled and some cash? I imagine the temperature rising and the changing conditions through the day makes it more challenging.

Can't really complain, the warm weather has allowed me to move the projects along that have to be done in the shop area I can't heat.
    lol Come riding some time! I took the money I was going to put into a new snowmobile this year and bought a third Montesa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links