My Honda VF750 -83
Close

My Honda VF750 -83

This is a discussion on My Honda VF750 -83 within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Hello everyone, I have started my first MC projekt with this honda and i am fairly green at this with bikes. So im in need ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: My Honda VF750 -83

Talking My Honda VF750 -83

Hello everyone,

I have started my first MC projekt with this honda and i am fairly green at this with bikes.

So im in need of a bit of help with some questions and was hoping some of you could help me.

What i have started with is to tare down all of the tanks and electronics to get some feel of how it will look:

Now my problem is where to but all the tanks that was there, could i replace the coolant tank with this : Oil Catch Tank Aluminum Coolant Reservoir Catch Fuel Can Tank for Motorcycle | eBay
    or am i totaly wrong here?

What do i need this for ? xD totaly lost my way when dismantling the bike and my knowledge isnt great. I am learning all the time and i have the manual but i cant find anything useful from it.

Do i need the coolant water tank? dont really know where too but it on the bike now, any ideas?

I have rooom for all the electronics under my seat when i am done with it.

My last question now is, can i but the fuelpump on its side or is that a no go ?

I agree, that's a classic that deserves to be put back original, and just clean it up as much as possible. You will not improve it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Have you got any pics of it fully dressed? I'd like to see what condition the bodywork is in before saying whether you should keep it original or not.

As for your questions - coolant bottles can be made out of many things (I used an alloy drink bottle for my fighter). Main thing is you need to make sure the hose from the radiator goes to the bottom of the bottle or else it wont draw fluid back into the radiator when the engine cools. The one you linked doesn't do that. I clamped mine to the side of the radiator, but you could also put yours on the side of the frame. This isnt mine but you get the idea:

Any yes you can lay the fuel pump in any direction and it wont hurt it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

I am not after to improve the preformance at all i just want to make it "my bike". Dont really care for the original look.

well its too late already you are not interested in being a rider ,see you have already started destroying the bike
    why did you not get it running and ride it for a season? answer that one question moron
    mbrook65 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by phille0 View Post
    I am not after to improve the preformance at all i just want to make it "my bike". Dont really care for the original look.
    Why did you buy a bike that you don't like the way it looks? Does it run?

It became your bike when you bought it. It sounds like you are preparing to turn it into another junk art project, a bike like everyone else is "building". You want to do something different? Make it a better bike.

I think he is outside the US Tom. That is a foreign market interceptor with boomerang comstar wheels. If he is an American with that interceptor in the US then the dude doesn't know what he has and is just going to absolutely butcher a really nice bike.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

okey seems like this rude atmosphere isnt for me.
    Clearly this forum is for people that think they know everything.
    Thanks hillsy for being helpfull, but i am out of here.

peace.

This is clearly a forum for some people who do know everything.

Bye

okey seems like this rude atmosphere isnt for me.
    Clearly this forum is for people that think they know everything.
    Thanks hillsy for being helpfull, but i am out of here.

peace.
    WERA 119
    CCS 119
    CRA 119
    AHRMA not anymore
    \"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once.\"
    Evan Esar
    Newbies, Geeto and Tex (Bye Tex)hate me!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links