CB750, Newbie needs help.
Close

This is a discussion on CB750, Newbie needs help. within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum so I don't really know if I'm unable to follow forum ethics. Correct me where ever I make ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum so I don't really know if I'm unable to follow forum ethics.
    Correct me where ever I make any mistakes and I won't be offended at all but appreciate it.

Bought a Honda CB750 few days back not even sure about the model yet but it is 1982 as far as I know

The engine of the bike is wrecked and where I live it is unable to get the parts of it and re-build it.

My mechanic (who I find not very experienced as well) told me that we can put in another engine it which can be
    of some other bike and with the help of alteration in the chassis we can fit it in.

Now I found an engine luckily of the same year and same engine as original one whose parts if gets damaged in future
    might be a hard task to find.

What would you guys suggest me to do as I'm a newbie I would really appreciate some expert advice

No problem, many of the regular guys on here have no ethics at all but we do like to ride.
    Is this your first ever motorcycle? If yes, you have bitten off an awful lot to chew.
    Hopefully you don't have a great deal of money invested to date and resist the urge to buy a ton of flea bay crap you might never get to use.

Oh and it's usually a good idea to give just a tiny hint what part of the planet you reside on internet is a really big place and somebody might even be trying to sell a complete working motorcycle right next door to you.
    Not me though, somebody else, I live in the sticks, I buy new motorcycles Never hire a mechanic and keep em forever.

Pictures are good if you have them, we like pictures. Then we can ooo and ahhh and say things like omg you gotta be kidding, you want to do What with that bin full of old worn parts!

Stripped it down. And I'm for Pakistan. Sorry for not mentioning it.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Excellent, it all makes sense now! Pakistan is the world of motorcycles and making anything work your chances of getting this bike to work to your satisfaction and actually riding it just went up 10 fold in my estimation.

What is wrong with the engine?

Quote Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
    What is wrong with the engine?
    It doesn't start....?

that's an old CB750P police or military model. At least it has some of the police parts like the instrument cluster, rear fender, saddlebag mounts, and crash guards. Those models are quite rare, wish it was here in the states.

this is sort of what it would have looked like stock (this is a 650), I would have posted a pic of a 750P but all the ones I can find are hosted by photobucket:

Name:  content-62137-4362bcb88b57549d19129ad2729c9ea7.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  194.3 KB
    Last edited by Geeto67; 07-23-2017 at 11:09 AM.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

My mechanic says that this engine can not work. There are parts which are not available to restore that particular engine,
    and he was kind of telling me to jump to another engine which would be more efficient and will require some alterations in the chassis

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    that's an old CB750P police or military model. At least it has some of the police parts like the instrument cluster, rear fender, saddlebag mounts, and crash guards. Those models are quite rare, wish it was here in the states.

this is sort of what it would have looked like stock (this is a 650), I would have posted a pic of a 750P but all the ones I can find are hosted by photobucket:

Name:  content-62137-4362bcb88b57549d19129ad2729c9ea7.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  194.3 KB
    There are plenty of bikes available in Pakistan of this kind. I can even look one up for you if you want to import it and help you doing that. The main problem is that the parts which are required to restore the bike are not generally available in my country.

I would like to know you expert opinion

Should I go for a newer technology engine and take the risk of altering my bike's chassis.

Or should I get the engine of same kind the 1984 Honda 750

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links