1969 Yamaha R3
Close

1969 Yamaha R3

This is a discussion on 1969 Yamaha R3 within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Finally got proper chambers made and got her on the road!...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 1969 Yamaha R3

1969 Yamaha R3

Finally got proper chambers made and got her on the road!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Lovely!!

Very cool! Thanks for sharing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Thank you both. I have no further plans for the bike, except to ride and enjoy it! However, at some point I'll have to get the transmission looked at. It pops out of 3rd gear under load. I'll get it looked at in the fall/winter. For now, no worries.

man it looks like new !
    is it almost too noisy with open stingers?any plans for glasspacks ?there is a shop that makes servicable glasspacks for vmx crowd,they are small and tidy and like art

Quote Originally Posted by XB33BSA View Post
    man it looks like new !
    is it almost too noisy with open stingers?any plans for glasspacks ?there is a shop that makes servicable glasspacks for vmx crowd,they are small and tidy and like art
    I have no issues with the noise and enjoy the way it sounds, but to others it probably approaches borderline noise levels. I did get some disapproving looks from an older couple walking in my neighborhood last night. Haha. I dig it - it has a nice classic "brappy" sound to it. I have no plans to do glasspacks. And hey, it passed inspection so it's all good. Right?
    Last edited by rdub315; 08-03-2017 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rdub315 View Post
    I have no issues with the noise and enjoy the way it sounds, but to others it probably approaches borderline noise levels. I did get some disapproving looks from an older couple walking in my neighborhood last night. Haha. I dig it - it has a nice classic "brappy" sound to it. I have no plans to do glasspacks.

And hey, it passed inspection so it's all good. Right?
    well,i don't like open pipes on anything,because it is often selfish,attention starved assholes that run them .modifying exhaust ? i like it,i do it...open pipes are wrong for public roads if we encourage them and the trend grows ,eventually the do gooders will outlaw any and all mods,see
    TrialsRider likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by XB33BSA View Post
    well,i don't like open pipes on anything,because it is often selfish,attention starved assholes that run them .modifying exhaust ? i like it,i do it...open pipes are wrong for public roads if we encourage them and the trend grows ,eventually the do gooders will outlaw any and all mods,see
    Point taken. As a complete amateur in this, I relied completely on the expertise and recommendations of the guys that built the chambers. Also, the shop that inspected the bike has a solid reputation and they didn't have an issue with them. So maybe they're not as bad as I'm portraying.
    TrialsRider likes this.

Thank you both. I have no further plans for the bike, except to ride and enjoy it! However, at some point I'll have to get the transmission looked at. It pops out of 3rd gear under load. I'll get it looked at in the fall/winter. For now, no worries.
    Will probably turn out to be a slightly bent shifter fork. Happens sometimes when you crash or stomp it into gear.

Point taken. As a complete amateur in this, I relied completely on the expertise and recommendations of the guys that built the chambers. Also, the shop that inspected the bike has a solid reputation and they didn't have an issue with them. So maybe they're not as bad as I'm portraying.
    hey maybe there is some silencing in there,'cause open chambers if you rap it up high standing there no earplugs will almost make you puke and will damage hearing what??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links