the african twin electrified - Page 2
Close

the african twin electrified

This is a discussion on the african twin electrified within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Looks good! you should look at making a skid plate and engine protectors to complete the look...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: the african twin electrified

Looks good!

you should look at making a skid plate and engine protectors to complete the look
    Quote Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by CaTacL1sm View Post
    Looks good!

you should look at making a skid plate and engine protectors to complete the look
    thanks mang i am totally chuffed it runs way better than i could dream it would .
    everybody asked what do you do to balance the crank afteb carving off a full kilo of iron from outer flywheels zones ,nothing and by god it runs a lot less buzzy than the sl motor did
    and it is snappy LIKE MAN IT WANTS TO ROAST THE REAR TIRE AND SHOWER ROOST IN A SOMEWHAT CYRIL DEPRE
    i have only had it on dirt to sample how it feels but you can pin it and just keep upshiftiong on cross-rutted shit that the sl wouild have been a handful on
    THE FOX FACTORY SHOCKS THAT I BUILT FROM PARTS ALL I HAD WAS PIOSTONS I USED KYB YAMAHA HPG SNO MACHINE ULTRA LIGHT HARD ANODISED BODIES
    JUST HAD TO TURN THE PISTONS DOWN .030'' FROM MEMORY
    SHIMM STACKS I CHOSE FROMM THE FOX FACTORY ARCHIVES IN THE MANUAL OF VIABLE VALVING AND IT FEELS AWESOME
    WHEN I GET OUT AND HIT SOME HOGH SPEED SHARP EDGED BUMPS IS WHEN I WILL SEE HOW WELL THE HIGH SPEED COMP STACK RESPONDS
    RIGHT NOW IT IS ALMOST TOO PLUSH IN THE REAR I ACTUALLYN NEED TO REMEMBER TO JACK IN A BIT MORE PRELOAD MY SAG IS A BIT TOO MUCH BUT MY CALCS ON THE SPRING RATES AND CHOICE OF DUAL RATE SPRINGING ARE CLOSE TO PERFECT I THINK
    THE FORKS FEEL GOOD IF A BIT STICKY BUT THEY HAVE ALREADY BEDDED IN A BIT AND GOTTEN MORE FREE
    THEY ARE MADE UP OUTM OF PARTS ANDB THE DU BUSHES I HAD TO FIT TO THE LOWER STANCHION TUBES AND TYPICAL MACHINIST COULD HAVE GIVEN THEM A COUPLE MORE THO OF RUNNING CLEARANCE
    LOL I WILL GET MY GOPRO MOUNTED SO WE CAN RELLISH THE BARK ITS ACTUALLY L;OUDER THAN I WANTED BUT OH WELL
    I HAVE IT MOUNTED ON ONE OF THE MOTOGP INSPIRED WINGLETS AND I NEED TO STUFF THE CANMERA CASE WITH COTTOIN LIKE I USED TOM HAVE IT BUT IF YOU CAN GET BY THE HORRIBLE SHIT NOISE YOU MIGHT GET AN I DEA OF THE RESPONSE HERE
    SKIDPAN IS A GOOD IDEA BUT I DONT PLAN ANY ROCK CRAWLING SO ILL PROBABLY SKIP THAT BUT SOME CASE SAVER TUBES ARE A GOOD IDEA
    YOU MIGHT NOTICE THE HOSES ON THE SIDE CASE I TOTALLY BYPASSED THE 2 PORTS THAT TRTANSFER OIL FROM THE LITTLE ROUND COVER TO THE GALLEYS IN THE SIDE CASE
    I DIDNT LIKE THAT THE IN AND OUT TO THE SPINNER FILTER ARE NOT COMPLETELY SEALED FROM EACHM OTHER
    THE BWAY HONDA HAS IT FLOW ISN NOT OPTIMISED
    I HAVE A COOLER BUILT FOR IT AND MAY PUT IN A FILTRT ELEMENT AS WELL SO AS TO DO AWAY WITH THE VOLUME OF FLOW RESTRICTION OF THE TRANSFER PIECE GOING INTO THE SPINNER
    I AM SPINNING THE CLUTCH BASKET AND HENCE THE PUMP 10% FASTER WITH THE CB450 BASKET AND PRIMARY DRIVE GEAR LASHUP
    I NEED TO GET MY ELECTRONIC COUNTDOWN ENGINEERING SPEEDO/ODO MOUNTED SO I DONT GET THE STATER'S ATTENTION JUST OVER 7K RPM FEELS LIKE 80MPH AND I,M REAL CURIOS TO SEE IF I GOT THAT GUESTIMATED RIGHT
    GEARING I MIGHT TRY ONE TOOTH UP ON THE C/.S SPROCKET
    Last edited by XB33BSA; 05-29-2018 at 07:53 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links