Cafe Racer Forum banner

New here, my Nighthawk 750 project.

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  brad black 
#1 · (Edited)
Last ...

#4 ·
I don't know what the "correct forum" would be for this to be honest. Actually, I don't even know if these bikes have a name yet, other than "Copies of Daryl's bike from the walking dead".

you know what, at least it's more useable than some of the "cafe racer" hackery most newbies post here so...welcome. How about an actual spec sheet so we can know what work went into it, what stuff you actually did, and what you farmed out?

#6 ·
Only thing farmed out was spraying the matte clear. Everything else was by me. EBay rear shocks and mufflers. (Sound really good ) ebay hoop and lighting. I left the air box as I didn't want to deal with pods. I actually had the front end before the bike.

Looking forward to this site.

#7 ·
Some decent road rubber would help sell me. Doesn't make a lot of sense to spend all the time and money on the front end while going ultra crap on the rear. I can see it could be a fun bike to ride on the road with some changes, but I don't get what your supposed to do with it the way it is. Needs fenders too.

#8 · (Edited)
I was going to say that there is one on every fourm but in this case there seems to be two. I looked through Getto67 posts and if that guy ever had anything good to say I think the site would crash.

That being said, I didn't build it to carve corners as its mostly straight roads here. I just wanted a cool looking bike. I was proud of what I accomplished in a few weeks work but after talking to you guys it seems like it's ready to be pushed out to the road for the trash.

At least it was built not bought. You may have a full on custom built from the ground up bike (haven't seen it ) but that is not what I was looking for.

#13 ·
Gee Al, that's the most wonderful and special build I've ever seen... is that what you wanted to hear? It's interesting. You went cheap on the shocks and put on the kidney shakers making it hard to believe it isn't a piece of shit to ride. If you're off road you need fenders, on road you need fenders, posing you don't need fenders. As I was jerking off I remembered this....Ohlins really get me going. http://www.caferacer.net/forum/tips-tricks/24204-rebuilding-rfy-cheap-shocks.html

Cool looking bikes are built for shows, cool bikes are built to ride.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.