Newbie in need of help - Page 2
Close

Newbie in need of help

This is a discussion on Newbie in need of help within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by Pete82 So I don't race the bike; pyscho or cyclocrossfool or whatever you call yourself, I just love the look of old ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete82 View Post
    So I don't race the bike; pyscho or cyclocrossfool or whatever you call yourself, I just love the look of old classic racing bikes. you have to admit it looks good though and that's all i'm really after. I'm actually a hospital administrator with a home, real job, boat, kids, wife; just a regular guy. Honestly, the best advise I can give anyone wanting to join this forum is leave this group/forum and join one where people will actually recognize and understand that all you really want is a cool looking bike. Here, you will be insulted, belittled, disrespected and for what? and by whom? a bunch of individuals that probably have nothing else going on in their lives other than these ridiculous motorcycles intended solely for the purpose fun and nothing more. I guess guys like you were born with all this motorcycle knowledge, huh? you just woke up and there it was, really? you didn't utilize forums or websites and seek advise from anyone, correct? what a complete waste of internet space, this site! you guys can keep it, I know it's all you have..
    Motorcycles are not "for fun and nothing more." They are for transportation and they are dangerous. You can act like it is just for fun, but would you modify an airplane "just for looks?" I doubt it. No offense to you and those "that only want a cool looking bike" but I would much rather take advice from someone with "nothing else going on in their lives than these ridiculous motorcycles." You can act like you are looking out for the delicate new guy, but that guy posted once in March and had happily moved on before you decided to try and stir things up last week.

Stir things up? my one and only response was "same bike, have fun"! that's it! its you guys that jump in with your insults and bullshit! No one knows better than me how dangerous they are as I was clipped by some fuckin' moron texting as he passed me breaking my thumb, wrist, shoulder and a number of bruises and scrapes! and ive been riding since I was a teen. and trust me, acting like I'm looking out for the newbie is not an act. gross behavior is a fact on this site.
    Last edited by Pete82; 07-18-2018 at 11:18 AM.

I Love old classic racing bikes
    but veteran riders like many here have a very different opinion on what qualifies as old, classic or a racing bike.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

... ive been riding since I was a teen...
    Care to put some real numbers to that, I bought my first motorcycle in 1965 at age 10 and there are probably guys on here with way more experience then me.

Stir things up? my one and only response was "same bike, have fun"! that's it! its you guys that jump in with your insults and bullshit! No one knows better than me how dangerous they are as I was clipped by some fuckin' moron texting as he passed me breaking my thumb, wrist, shoulder and a number of bruises and scrapes! and ive been riding since I was a teen. and trust me, acting like I'm looking out for the newbie is not an act. gross behavior is a fact on this site.
    Dude - you posted a pic of your show pony bike with a racing number. And you don't race. THAT is insulting to real racers.

As for insults and bullshit towards you? I didn't see any until you got all butthurt of your own volition.

my post was in reference to the motorcycle in question, and turning that into what he has in his head. i can't imagine the gs850l has the same frame as the gs850g, but the g is much more the basis for what this guy is looking for. the l has a frame that dips down at the rear to the shock mounts instead of the straight top rail his mind is envisaging. allegedly the g and l share the 19/17 wheel combo, but again what the op is after in his mind is something with 18 at each end. and the forks are too long, and he'll shorten them badly (as if anyone does it well) and at the end of it he'll have a bike that has sucked up a heap of money simply because it wasn't a good starting point. and it will show - well, to anyone who knows what they're looking at. and he'll possibly come to realise that he's put a heap of work and money into a bad starting point, and that feeling sucks.

offset of course by the fact that all the good starting points are much more expensive and that initial purchase price is the big kicker.

it sounds very linear in its power delivery for a two stroke with chambers.

easier than living 9 to 11 with the kr1s.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links