1982 GS1100 being brought back to life - Page 3
Close

1982 GS1100 being brought back to life

This is a discussion on 1982 GS1100 being brought back to life within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by KeninIowa You can tell all that from those little pictures even without a side by side shot of a stock port? You're ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 1982 GS1100 being brought back to life

Quote Originally Posted by KeninIowa View Post
    You can tell all that from those little pictures even without a side by side shot of a stock port? You're afuckingmazing, or dense that you think a 12:1 1327 is going to suffer from a lack of bottom end.

Right on OP/builder dude. I wouldn't have put a sidewinder on it but I understand selection's limited for available pipes.

I don't remember which GSXR wheels go in the stock swingarm easily. You'll want to do that at some point. GS Resources is probably your friend there.

Post back when you dyno it.
    I didn't read the back story and I'm no expert in porting but I don't believe high compression and large displacement are any guarantee of bottom end grunt.

I know I'm late to this post, i just picked up a 1980 GS1100E and am looking to cafe, just wondering where you might have got ahold of the wiring diagram for cluster so i can swap this brick, also where you got parts. i am coming up short on a lot of places. someone swapped a vance and hines onto the one i have but its basically rusted junk and i cant find exhaust parts except for that. and i want to run dual mufflers. cant find a 2 piece or just a manifold. any info will be greatly appreciated.Name:  IMG_5678.JPG
Views: 93
Size:  165.2 KB

They came with dual exhaust. Hindle make a vintage 4to1.

I hope your not chopping the bike it looks like it could be something nice. First 140mph bike I was ever on.
    MotoTeknic likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

jcw
    There's a sweet resto on a gs1000s Wes Cooley replica on a bmw forum
    http://www.i-bmw.com/showthread.php?...ght=wes+cooley
    K9Swine, woodsman and MotoTeknic like this.

Quote Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
    They came with dual exhaust. Hindle make a vintage 4to1.

I hope your not chopping the bike it looks like it could be something nice. First 140mph bike I was ever on.
    no sir, just a little resto and a cafe seat and new healight and smaller cluster

Sorry guys been busy this is the first year im not building and just plain old enjoyng (altought thats alie beacuse i still managed ro rebuld a nice Jeep LJ =).

so the GS Dynoed in with 162 RWHP and 81 ft lbs of torque but and that's a big BUT!!! its making so much power the stock clutch cant handle it so I need to throw in a lock up kit in it to really see what she does. Dyno guy thinks she may do over 180 which would be just insane!!! running on Sunnoco 110 about 1000 miles on here and no issues so far. She scares the shit out of me everytime I take her out.

you should be able to track down my V&H 4 into on ebay for around $300.00

any questions email me [email protected]

ive been having a ton of fun on the ktm 990 Adventure bike as well this summer. Nothing like 130hp dirtbike to tear up the dirt roads!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Quote Originally Posted by eder141 View Post
    Sorry guys been busy this is the first year im not building and just plain old enjoyng (altought thats alie beacuse i still managed ro rebuld a nice Jeep LJ =).

so the GS Dynoed in with 162 RWHP and 81 ft lbs of torque but and that's a big BUT!!! its making so much power the stock clutch cant handle it so I need to throw in a lock up kit in it to really see what she does. Dyno guy thinks she may do over 180 which would be just insane!!! running on Sunnoco 110 about 1000 miles on here and no issues so far. She scares the shit out of me everytime I take her out.

you should be able to track down my V&H 4 into on ebay for around $300.00

any questions email me [email protected]

ive been having a ton of fun on the ktm 990 Adventure bike as well this summer. Nothing like 130hp dirtbike to tear up the dirt roads!!!

What brand/model is the rear tire? Bike looks great.

its a Shinko forget the model but its a 140

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links