1992 cb750 - Page 9
Close

1992 cb750

This is a discussion on 1992 cb750 within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I can see what you mean as in the photo it kinda looks that way but we took a lot of time measuring and checking ...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: 1992 cb750

I can see what you mean as in the photo it kinda looks that way but we took a lot of time measuring and checking and measuring and so on in the jig we use as and everything came up true. Had to machine up new spacers etc. To match and the front sprocket had to be spaced a little. Not going to lie it was a complete head screw to look at when we started as the frame section under the seat is an offset design on one side. But in the want to make sure it's right I'll double check it all again before i strip It all down. But cheers for the heads up, sometimes me looking at them too closely for too long can fry my brain a bit

Here is how I did the alignment on my Honda 350 racebike. I had put a CB motor in an SL frame so there were some minor issues with wheel and sprocket alignment

Name:  SL350.JPG
Views: 128
Size:  889.5 KB.

First we measured from center point of swingarm pivot to the center point of rear axle to align the rear wheel. Then we aligned the front wheel with that and spaced sprockets to work with this setup. It worked and the bike handled just fine.

Ken Essex, we may have crossed paths back in the late 80s as I was racing WERA Vintage 4 & 5 in '88-90 in the Southeast.
    Cyorg likes this.

This site is acting funky again, so might get a double post.

Made this last night. No CAD, no CNC, but did use the digital readout because my brain and eyesight are suspect.

Name:  Sprocket spacer.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  127.2 KB
    CaTacL1sm likes this.
    "Non urinat in ventum"

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Norton 357 View Post
    Here is how I did the alignment on my Honda 350 racebike. I had put a CB motor in an SL frame so there were some minor issues with wheel and sprocket alignment

Name:  SL350.JPG
Views: 128
Size:  889.5 KB.

First we measured from center point of swingarm pivot to the center point of rear axle to align the rear wheel. Then we aligned the front wheel with that and spaced sprockets to work with this setup. It worked and the bike handled just fine.

Ken Essex, we may have crossed paths back in the late 80s as I was racing WERA Vintage 4 & 5 in '88-90 in the Southeast.
    I am sure we were at the same race weekends, but I was not running the vintage classes at those races. I think I ran a V-4 race once at little Tally on my 500 single when I found out it was eligible. It was whatever class Walt Schaeffer was running with H-D KR. I think there was a BMW and some other bikes of that size and era. It wasn't that much fun since I was turning 1:08 and :09 on my single and the rest of the field was in the high to mid teens. I did lap the field, so it was a little fun. I was the SE C production champion in 89 or 90 on a CBR600F. I also raced a Honda HawkGT in D production and one of my singles in clubman. I had the pink and grey leathers with the bright green lettering sponsored by Action Honda where I was the service manager.
    WERA 119
    CCS 119
    CRA 119
    AHRMA not anymore
    \"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once.\"
    Evan Esar
    Newbies, Geeto and Tex (Bye Tex)hate me!!

We were probably on track at the same time as V4 ran with Clubman at most events, we started behind Clubman. It was always fun to see if I could pass all those big singles since there wasn't anyone in V4 that was giving me any competition at the regional races. I won all the V4 and V5 races in the SE in '89 and '90 and was national champ in V4 in '89.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Sponsored Links