2000 Kawasaki zr7
Close

2000 Kawasaki zr7

This is a discussion on 2000 Kawasaki zr7 within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Just came across a zr7 and I’m wanting to build a cafe racer out of it. Don’t even know where to start or what to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2000 Kawasaki zr7

Just came across a zr7 and I’m wanting to build a cafe racer out of it. Don’t even know where to start or what to do for I’ve never done this before. Any and all suggestions are welcomed. Looking for some direction from someone experienced

Is it hot?

... sorry did not mean to stump you with the first question
    How does one just come across a motorcycle
    :/ is that like; you seen an advertisement for a cheap pos, inherited one, bought one, had it given to you, found it with the keys left in it, found it in the woods with trees growing out of it, or other?
    Last edited by TrialsRider; 08-28-2018 at 10:35 AM.

jcw
    Different tank, modified subframe, different seat and rear cowling, clipon's, rear sets, a couple less cylinders...

your going to be a hero here!

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

where are you located? zr7's were pretty rare here in the states despite being sold here for 5 years. It's basically an old KZ750 engine in a modern chassis.

In terms of making it a "cafe racer"? sell it and buy something older, preferrably british or european. It's a modern naked commuter bike and assuming like all newbies you think a "cafe racer" is a styling exercise (which it isn't) the ZR7 will just be a disappointment. Additionally, since you are new to this one big turn off is that there is no aftermarket for that bike. Everything you do to the tank or seat or whatnot you are going to have to make from scratch.

That being said, if you want to learn about custom motorcycles and how to improve your bike - it's a fairly decent bike that you can learn to do some simple upgrades on and have a nice fun riding motorcycle that teaches you the value of functional part selection.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

No it’s not hot, my brother in law received it as payment for some construction he did on someone’s house. I own two zx10r’s ones a track bike and the other is my canyon bike. When I saw the zr7 I instantly thought of modifying it to be some what of a cafe style bike so googled some builds online and liked what I saw so I thought I’d ask others for opinions. I’m going to follow through with it so I’ll post pictures of the build through out the process. Thanks for the input.

Cool! somebody who actually rides
    best luck with your project, interested to see pics and hear what you have planned for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawiguy View Post
    When I saw the zr7 I instantly thought of modifying it to be some what of a cafe style bike so googled some builds online and liked what I saw
    This I have to see because every zr7 I googled looked like a fucked up shitshow.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

I found one I liked but they had to destroy a perfectly good Ducati to "build" it

The one they destroyed a Ducati for is the one I liked

Problem is I'd like it a Lot better if the rest of the Ducati was still attached
    and I absolutely deplore motorcycle theft, particularly for the purpose of providing suspension and brake parts for old bone POS motorcycles that have clean VIN's and no other merit.
    Fortunately you have a spare blown up modern Ducati sportbike that isn't worth fixing in stock, right

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links