£500 Honda build - Page 2
Close

£500 Honda build

This is a discussion on £500 Honda build within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by Norton 357 That is such a good example of what you can do with a single disc and the proper tires. The ...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: £500 Honda build

Quote Originally Posted by Norton 357 View Post
    That is such a good example of what you can do with a single disc and the proper tires. The "fast guys" on the I 4s were on the brakes while the NVT rider was still at full throttle. That looked like a lot of fun. Was that you riding steveo?

I raced with a single disc for years and never had issues with other riders out-braking me, it gets down to how much do you trust the brake you have and your ability, and how much balls you have.

Good video.
    Not me riding.
    I'm a plodder at best, just call me Captain Slow.
    "It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt"

Ordered a few parts from David Silver.
    £200 doesn't go very far.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    CaTacL1sm likes this.
    "It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt"

Just about finished tarting up the engine.
    It took longer than I thought to source some stainless M6 flange bolts with an 8mm head. In the end found some in Germany for reasonable money.
    Also picked up the frame from the powder coaters yesterday. I asked them very nicely to mask off the steering stem, and threads for the swinging arm fittings... did they fuck.
    I thought the colour was supposed to be a darkish silver. Turned out Battle Ship grey. Not at all happy with the result, so I guess I'll have to pay for it to be re done.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    Also picked up the frame from the powder coaters yesterday. I asked them very nicely to mask off the steering stem, and threads for the swinging arm fittings... did they fuck.
    I thought the colour was supposed to be a darkish silver. Turned out Battle Ship grey. Not at all happy with the result, so I guess I'll have to pay for it to be re done.
    I had a similar experience many years ago getting some wheels PC'd. I'd never had anyone do PC on bike parts before and I "assumed" he would mask off the disc carrier areas, etc. And although he said he'd cover the bearing housings, he just shoved some scrunched up aluminium foil in the holes and called it good. Took me half a day to get the overspray shit out of there and off the disc faces. Also, the colour wasn't like what he showed me on the chart. If you weren't in the UK I would have sworn you'd found the same dipshit.

Engine looks purdy
    steveo likes this.

The piss taking fuckers that I bought the NTV from had nick named her Black Beauty, which eventually got me thinking.
    As my powder coater couldn't supply the silver that I was after decided to go with satin black. I'll do the same with the wheels.
    Managed to buy a new stainless Motad exhaust from Germany last month, cost an arm, and a leg mind.
    I've got to make a decision on a new rear shock. The choice is between Hagon, Hyper Pro, Wilbur, and YSS. Prices range between £280-£400. At the momment the Hagon looks favourite.
    Also need a new front disc. The original has a small crack, so it's either a new genuine one for £170, or an EBC Pro Lite for £125.
    CaTacL1sm likes this.

looking good steveo.

Looking good Steve! Don't know if you use them already but this place is handy for discs and a fair bit cheaper too, especially if you call in with cash!!
    ABE Suppliers of High Quality Brake Disks| Fork Stanchions Shock|Brake Pads

Thankyou Brad.

Thanks for the link Rob. Did you have any luck selling the Bros?

Picked up a few more parts from the powder coaters last week. All the bits had been masked off properly which made a nice change
    Also had a new shock delivered on Thursday. Tne top mount was wrong tho, Hagon couldn't have been more helpful, and I had a replacment within 24 hrs.
    They sent a shed load of stickers with the replacment..... so every cloud.

As far as the disc goes. Honda used the same bolt pattern on lots of stuff, so the disc from one of the years Shadow 750 used a single disc of the same diameter and bolt pattern, but a different look. I used one on my FT500 with a 17" wheel. I got it on e-bay for less than $25. It was in great shape as it hadn't been used hard.
    steveo likes this.
    WERA 119
    CCS 119
    CRA 119
    AHRMA not anymore
    \"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once.\"
    Evan Esar
    Newbies, Geeto and Tex (Bye Tex)hate me!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links